PDA

View Full Version : Custom Birthday Cakes?

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Our upcoming trip (December 31st to January 7th) is to celebrate our son's 16th birthday (which actually falls on January 11th, but first semester exams at the end of January mean there's no missing school......so we travel on Christmas break and miss the actual date by a tiny bit).

Is there any place at Universal (maybe even one of the Citywalk restaurants?) that would do a custom birthday cake? Jake is a HUGE Simpsons fan, and we would love to surprise him with a Simpsons cake (and wouldn't it be amazing to have it delivered by Homer himself? Too much to hope for, I know!!!)

Our final night in Orlando we were planning a special dinner at NBA City (our son is a huge NBA fan and is a basketball player himself) .... do you think they'd be able to do something up if I contacted them in advance?

We are open to any and all suggestions......he is a wonderful young man and we would love the opportunity to make his "sweet 16" extra special. :goodvibes

dsmom
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
are you staying on property? It's been a couple of years but we celebrated

our son's birthday at PB with a private dinner in the suite. We had Scooby Doo

deliver the cake - he was SO surprised when he opened the door!

Maybe you could arrange something like this and have Homer deliver the cake?

The resort made the cake for us and it was beautiful!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately, we're not staying onsite.....we are at the Hawthorn Suites Universal (just off I-Drive).

Metro West
09-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately, we're not staying onsite.....we are at the Hawthorn Suites Universal (just off I-Drive). There's a Publix up the street from Universal...you might want to check there...if you'll have a car? Their cakes are excellent.

macraven
09-16-2011, 11:43 PM
get the schedule for the character dining at the hotels.
find when simpsons will be there and which hotel he will be at.

you can order a cake made from the hotel.

you pay for it when ordered.

have it deliver it to you in the hotel dining room after you have had your dinner.

you could easily do this a week out from the event.
that way you would have knowledge of which hotel and character will be available.