PDA

View Full Version : OMGosh Leaving Tomorrow AM!!!

beachgirl1011
09-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I can't believe it is almost finally here! Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we're leaving! We've been planning to suprise my DD (10) who is a HUGE Harry Potter fan with this trip.

Not sure if we tell her when we have to wake her (at 4am!) OR get her in the car and have her figure out that we're headed to the airport?!

Any suggestions on making the suprise as perfect as I've imagined!

She totally knows the route to the airport since we've been on a bunch of trips, so unless she is asleep we can't just pull up and say "surpise" at the terminal!!!

ABtwinmommy
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Have fun!! :banana:

I would do something like this~ when you wake her up early in the morning have her come into the kitchen or living room and surprise her there with a sign or some HP items. That way you can see her face when she figures it out as opposed to when you are driving... Then you finish getting ready and go, and you can discuss the details on the way to the airport. :goodvibes

Have a great trip! :yay::woohoo::cheer2:

AnjieNet
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
There's a thread here somewhere about printing out a Hogwarts acceptance letter and envelope (do a google search and sample pop up). That might be fun for her to open when she wakes up. And like the PP suggested, you can discuss everything you'll do on the way to the airport.

beachgirl1011
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I would never have thought about the "props" great ideas and THANK YOU!
I am on it :)

beachgirl1011
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I found it!!!!!!!! Was able to download the fonts and customize a letter and envelope....I CAN"T WAIT till she sees it tomorrow am.

Was fun trying to pack without her noticing!

AnjieNet
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I found it!!!!!!!! Was able to download the fonts and customize a letter and envelope....I CAN"T WAIT till she sees it tomorrow am.

Was fun trying to pack without her noticing!

Let us know how it goes! Have fun on your trip! :wizard: