PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been in September this year?

proud_canadian
09-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Just wondering what wait times are like at normal IOA rope drop (9 am) for Olivanders around this time of year?

proud_canadian
09-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Or even wait times during the day for Olivanders.

Any feedback?

mesaboy2
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I passed by the Ollivander's line many times over several days on Labor Day weekend. By my estimates, the worst wait I saw was maybe 60 minutes, but most times it looked to be more like 30-45. Once or twice I saw about 20--I think this was an hour or so before park closing.

SnapesGirl
09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm here in Orlando at present. We did Universal and Islands of Adventure on Sunday and Tuesday. The lines were great and the most we waited was about 20 minutes for the Forbidden Journey. All other rides and shows, we were able to walk right in. The line for Olivander's was long, I think about an hour or so. As its in the direct sun, we decided not to wait for it. But other than that, we couldn't have asked for better! :wizard:

cieslack
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I am prepared to be thrashed, but in my opinion if you have to miss something in HP it would be Olivander's. I lucked out and a pre-scheduled vacation happened to coincide with the "soft opening" and we were able to ride and see everything over and over. Olivander's may be a disappointment to a casual fan.

mesaboy2
09-16-2011, 01:44 AM
I am prepared to be thrashed, but in my opinion if you have to miss something in HP it would be Olivander's. I lucked out and a pre-scheduled vacation happened to coincide with the "soft opening" and we were able to ride and see everything over and over. Olivander's may be a disappointment to a casual fan.

No thrashing from me anyway. I've seen it five times now I think, and I agree it is not a headliner. But demand for it remains fairly high, so I tend to recommend it first for the early-entry crowd, only to beat the building line. I try to emphasize to those who ask that it is not likely to awe them.

AJA
09-17-2011, 06:08 PM
We were there the 4th-11th. The only real crowds were in Harry Potter, the rest of the park and US were not crowded at all. In HP Olivanders had the longest lines (except for FJ on Saturday afternoon) maybe 30-45 mins. FJ was walk on in the mornings and 15-30 mins average the rest of the time.