PDA

View Full Version : Just got back 9-10-11

drp4video
09-10-2011, 08:25 PM
We stayed at Disney for a week, seeing all the parks, but our focus was our one day at Universal for Harry Potter. It did not disappoint. We have watched them built it, visiting several times during construction, and we finally got to go last THursday. The theming was amazing. Hogsmeade was awesome, and even if I did not do the ride in the castle, the que to the ride was worth the visit. The inside of the castle was so realistic, I wanted to spend more time in there as it was not crowded. Basically walked right on the ride, no wait.
Of course, the ride was great! The other two coasters of course were old rides with new names, so not exciting. Butter beer was so good. So glad I finally made it there!

PatMcDuck
09-10-2011, 09:36 PM
We were there the same day, we are still here actually.

I agree, the Potter section is so well done! Our first time seeing it. We thought the new ride was a little rough but the queue is awesome. Still need to try the Butter Beer, the line was too long tonight, and yesterday morning it was so early I was not in the mood for it.

We saw the Wand ceremony inside the wand shop, and really enjoyed it. Maybe just wish they would ask the kids if it was any of their first times. We had a kid selected who admitted he already had a wand, etc. But I thought this was a great experience to see, we only waited 5 minutes, during the EE morning for resort guests. (would not wait an hour in the heat for it of course).

We rode the other 2 rides, and the old Dueling Dragons coaster is still a sweet ride.

The Harry Potter land is SO stunning and beautiful, it makes some of the OTHER parts of the park seem shabby in comparison. The Jurrassic Park area is also beautiful, esp at night.

snoope
09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
What were wait times like for the rest of the park throughout the day?