PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving week

lilheathen
09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
We are excited to return to Orlando this year during Thanksgiving week (last visit: June 2009) and we are especially excited for WWoHP, as it was being built while we were there. It's the main reason we're returning!

We will be there all week (11/19 - 11/26) and are planning to buy either a 3-day or 4-day pass to UO and IoA. Especially with the Harry Potter crowds, which would be the best days to go? The 19th and 26th are our travel days and we're definitely avoiding the parks that Friday. We have no limitations otherwise and are probably going to the park on Turkey Day too, although we will be going to Legoland one day and might go to Kennedy Space Center since we didn't last time (we figure it will be too chilly for the beach this time).

If we don't spring for an early entry ticket for one of our days, will we regret it and waste too much time in lines for HP attractions? Also, I have chronic Lyme disease and can't walk or stand for long, so I will be renting a scooter for this trip as I did last time. Last time, we got to the front of most lines because of my scooter...do they still do that, including for HP? I am hoping to be able to ride all the rides as I did before, but that was before I was actually diagnosed with Lyme and my symptoms are definitely nastier with the treatment! (I often have to suspend treatment while I travel so I can get through the trip without too much pain or fatigue.)

Thanks!!

Metro West
09-10-2011, 05:40 PM
That week will be busy but not unmanageable. HP will be very busy leading up to the holiday but I think you will be OK. You are very wise to avoid that weekend...complete madness will set in with the crowds! WWoHP will be a near impossibility.

macraven
09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
you'll need to go to guest services for the gap.
(guest assistance pass)

you go to the ride, show the TM your card and it will be noted with a return time.
when you return, you won't have a wait.

lilheathen
09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Good to know, thanks! I didn't get a GAP last time, but I'm sure when it's busy that would be better for us and more fair to other guests who are already waiting as well. I'm only 42 and don't "look" disabled so we sometimes get dirty looks using the scooter. Although last time, I was a year out from a tailbone removal surgery and strapped a cushion to my butt for every ride, eliciting both understanding and laughs. ;-)

macraven
09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
ignore the people's looks.

that is not very nice of them.

lilheathen
09-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Agreed! I have a handicap hang tag and if I'm not limping when I get out of my car, people think I'm committing fraud or something. I may not feel handicapped when I go in, but I sometimes do when I come out! :rotfl2:

papa45
09-19-2011, 01:54 AM
will the crowds be as bad like during Christmas?

Metro West
09-19-2011, 06:32 AM
will the crowds be as bad like during Christmas? The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest of the year. LONG lines will be everywhere so bring your patience if you're visiting that week.