PDA

View Full Version : universal gift cards

sheri236
09-09-2011, 10:38 AM
can someone please explain how the universal gift cards work? saw them at my local grocery store and they say can be used for ticket media or exchanged for universal dollars at a ticket counter. is it worth the fuelperks i will get or is it a hassle?? can i exchange them at the hrh or does it have to be at a ticket counter at one of the parks? will already have tix and dont really want to stand in another line!! one more question--can the universal dollars be used in conjuction with aaa discount?? thanks!:)

Melanie230
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I bought them because our local Kroger had a deal to buy gift cards and get 4x the points!!! We will save .40 per gallon!!! I think you can use them in the shoppes or exchange for Universal dollars, OR cash them out at guest services!

phamton
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
can someone please explain how the universal gift cards work? saw them at my local grocery store and they say can be used for ticket media or exchanged for universal dollars at a ticket counter. is it worth the fuelperks i will get or is it a hassle?? can i exchange them at the hrh or does it have to be at a ticket counter at one of the parks? will already have tix and dont really want to stand in another line!! one more question--can the universal dollars be used in conjuction with aaa discount?? thanks!:) You can't exchange them at HRH. You need to go to Guest Services. If you go to GS inside the park rather than the GS window (outside the park) there is usually no line. So just exchange them once you get inside the park. The AAA discount can still be used when you are spending the UO dollars. But you must exchange the gift card for UO dollars as the card can not be used at the stores.

sheri236
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
thanks for the info. I wonder why universal doen't just have regular gift cards like everywhere else? seems like more hassle for everyone involved! can you tell me where gs is located inside ioa? and i assume the universal dollars can be used at all shops and restaurants at ioa?? thanks again!:)

Metro West
09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
thanks for the info. I wonder why universal doen't just have regular gift cards like everywhere else? seems like more hassle for everyone involved! can you tell me where gs is located inside ioa? and i assume the universal dollars can be used at all shops and restaurants at ioa?? thanks again!:) I agree...they either to change the way the cards are handled or do away with them completely. It's too much trouble the way it is now.

phamton
09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
When you go through the turnstiles at IOA, look to your far right. It says "Open Arms Hotel" and underneath it says: Guest Services, First Aid, and Lost and Found.