PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Caludron Cake :)

Jazzabelle508
09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok so i know this isn't techinically a Disney food Item but i feel a massive need to tell all of you about it in case you happen to be in universal (or specifically HARRY POTTER LAND!!!!!).

Ok so there is this treat in Harry potter land that is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! No it is not butterbeer (although the frozen butterbeer is also AMAZING!!!!). No it is not the Pumpkin Juice (although I did enjoy that as well despite mixed reviews).

Are you ready to hear what this amazing treat is?

:cloud9:

:cheer2:

popcorn::

IT'S ThE CHOCOLATE CALUDRON CAKE!!!!!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3: :banana::banana::banana:

Why is this treat so amazing do you ask? Well, for one it has this AMAZING light chocolate mousse light frosting/filling. It is nice, light and delicate which defintely helps it seem like a lighter treat in general. The second thing that this cake has is this amazing chocolate caludron broom handle. The chocolate reminded my mom of the chocolate in the movie "Chocolate". It seriously was amazing and 10 times better than the chocolate that they use on the chocolate frogs and pre-packaged treats in WWOHP. The last thing about this cake that makes it worth RAVING about is the actual cake. I love the cakes in disney world but the cakes there, I feel, rely solely on the frosting to make them good. This cake was perfectly moist. I felt that the chocolate in the cake tasted amazing as well! It didn't crumble apart immediately which is super important to me! It also cut easily so I could share the cake with my mom. The one thing I will say about the cake is that it is rich. You definitely want to share this one!

here is a picture to satisfy you

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k517/Jazzabelle508/Harry%20Potter%20Land/P1000568.jpg

Enjoy :)

HuskerFaninIL
09-08-2011, 12:46 PM
That is the darn cutest thing ever. I will add that to my list of must eat stuff when we get to Orlando. I am excited to spend 1 day in Universal.

two*little*birds
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Yummy, I'll have to get one and share it my with DD7. :lovestruc

patsal
09-08-2011, 06:40 PM
OMG these are so very good! Last March I took DD and her best friend for their 16th Bday and spent the entire time at US/IOA and every morning from 8-11 at WWOHP. Every day I got these and we took them back to the room for a snack...I can't wait until Feb break when DD and I return with DH--4 more days of Cauldron Cakes and no Disney...wow I said no Disney...for the second mini vacay in a row!

4orm
09-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I really wanted to like it but the chocolate tasted of low quality. I'm a chocolate snob, admittedly. Quality ingredients can make a world of difference to a recipe.

CAStevens218
09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I completely agree, these are AMAZING! I can't wait to go back and get another one!!! :wizard:

aubriee
09-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Another fan of the caulron cake here. I ate two when I was there last August/Sept and then when I was there this past Oct and Dec I bought two both trips to take back to WDW to nibble on the next couple of days. I also liked their pumpkin pasties and treacle fudge.:cloud9: I'm leaving for WDW tomorrow morning and will there Sept 10th-18th.:cool1: We'll be spending at least one day over at Universal (Tuesday) and can't wait to get my Honeyduke treats and frozen butterbeer from the Hogshead Pub.:woohoo:

Rekenna
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
We haven't gotten to go to WWoHP yet-I love all things HP. Those cupcakes are too cute!

Is it like the Chocolate Wave dessert at Coral Reef? Where when you cut into it chocolate oozes out...that is a great dessert! (We need a licking lips smiley).

RMulieri
09-09-2011, 02:21 PM
OOOOOHHHHH..Can't wait to try those when I go on my Universal trip in JAN 2012

TDC Nala
09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Moving to the Universal board...

nytimez
09-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I thought I'd love it. But I have to say I wasn't impressed. It wasn't bad. But I don't think I ever need to get it again.

disneybirds
09-09-2011, 06:28 PM
We are headed to Universal in October, so we will definitely have to try one. We love chocolate!

Pembo
09-11-2011, 01:36 PM
The cauldron cake was a Mom-only treat! It was so good I didn't want to share it with my kids! I can't wait to go back for another...

momabaarjo
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I am so adding this to my list...are the cakes in Honeydukes?

mesaboy2
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I am so adding this to my list...are the cakes in Honeydukes?

Yes, and only Honeydukes. DW and DD have enjoyed quite a few. I'm not that in to chocolate.

HPMonkey4
09-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh I'm going to drive DH nuts! I'm pregnant and going in November. I think I'll be living at Honeydukes. Definitely need to start doing my pregnant workouts before then. ;-P

NYDisneyKid
09-17-2011, 11:39 AM
broome handle? where? all i see is the handle on the pot itself