PDA

View Full Version : Is Universal studios worth it for small kids?

dizzydrop
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
We are leaving next week for a stay at Disney and have tickets to Disney for 6 days but we were thinking about going to U/S too because my 6 and 8 yo love Dr. Suess. My thoughts were that we would only do the park with Dr. Suess but is it even worth it when we have an 8,6,3, and 2 year old? My older 2 are not very tall maybe 43 and 45 inches and aren't too much for thrill rides. I'm a big thrill ride person but can't leave my DH on the ground with 4 kids while I'm riding, and DH and I can't ride without anyone watching the kids, lol. I'm just wondering if it's worth the $500+ it will cost for the day, is there alot for them to do there besides the thrill rides, or will it just be the waste of our money?

kacaju
09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
does your boys like superhero's?? There is the Marvel superhero area. While we were there they had the super heros come out and take pictures. The superhero's arrived on ATV's
Toon Lagoon has water rides and then there is Jurassic park area where they can go into the discovery center and watch a baby dinosaur hatch.

Zim
09-08-2011, 07:49 AM
I would probably stay away from US until at least the older two could ride more thrill rides for the amount of money involved. They do have some wonderful areas for the little kids. And if they aren't afraid of the character interactions, Confisco Grill has a phenomenal character breakfast with Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and 2 (but you have to coincide your visit with a day they offer it, it's not every day)

Suessland is great, they have a lot of fun water play areas - it's been around for a while though, last time we were there I thought it could use some refurbishing. You'd probably want a park hopper pass so you could enjoy all of them (Curious George is in the other park). Quite a chunk of each park is designated to thrill rides alone.

Oh, also, I don't think the hero's come out in ATVs anymore, at least they didn't when we were there last...

macraven
09-08-2011, 07:59 AM
the super heroes do arrive in the atv's still.
new costumes and atv's for them.
they stick around and do a meet and greet, picture time!

you also have discovery center for jurassic park.
all the kids would have fun there.

Zim
09-08-2011, 08:01 AM
That's great to hear about the ATVs, that was SUCH a cool entrance when we first saw it. Then last time we were there they just kind of wandered out from random buildings. The ATVs are MUCH more dramatic!

kacaju
09-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Suessland is great, they have a lot of fun water play areas - it's been around for a while though, last time we were there I thought it could use some refurbishing.

Oh, also, I don't think the hero's come out in ATVs anymore, at least they didn't when we were there last...

We were just there Aug 23rd to the 29th. The super hero's came out on ATV's and Suessland was being re painted while we were there.