PDA

View Full Version : EMH during Easter

Degli
09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Hello all,
Any way to find the EMH's during this year's Easter vaca. I can't find them. Thanks

drusba
09-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Easter 2012 has not been announced yet. For Easter 2011, I still have the ones for night EMH (Easter was April 24): April 22, 24 and 28 for MK; 21, 26 and 29 for Epcot and 20 and 27 for Studios. Don't have ones for morning but those announced beforehand were essentially useless.Just when the Easter weeks were about to start, Disney just said that it was going to open the parks an hour early to everyone during that time and MK would open two hours early (7 a.m.) everyday to WDW resort guests; cannot remember whether Epcot and Studios had any two hour early EMH days because I had no interest in including those in my trip file.

daisyx3
09-06-2011, 03:59 PM
We were not there for spring break 2011, but we were for 08,09 and 10 (and will be for 12). These trips have been before and after EAster. I can tell you that MK did open at 7AM for EMH every day those weeks. I'd seen the sun set at MK, but seeing the sun come up there is awesome. And using those hours at MK is crucial because by noon it is very, very crowded. Some day when I am done teaching I'll finally see what the parks are like when kids are IN school!
I don't remember any other details, but we always get there at open and do the big rides with fastpasses, and we are fine.
Daisyx3

Degli
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
bump

eyeheartgoofy
09-08-2011, 10:34 AM
For the past several years, MK has had 7:00am EMH mornings every day for the two weeks surrounding Easter (week before and week after). These EMH's were announced fairly last minute (I'd say 2-3 weeks before they occurred). As far as the other parks and evening EMH's, I honestly don't remember.

Expect some uncertainty surrounding park hours until right before your trip - Disney seems to tinker with the regular opening times & EMH during Easter(maybe based on occupancy/expected crowds?). However, if the past is any indication, the EMH's offered during the week between Christmas and New Years might give you a really good idea of what is being offered for Easter if you need something to base a plan around.

LeCras
09-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Here are the 2011 Easter hours and EMH data:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QkNEEqNBfW0/Tmjbf-DAY_I/AAAAAAAAAsY/9h20hFAVUlo/s800/Easter10.jpg

Easter Monday was on the 25th.

Charlotte

Anal Annie
09-08-2011, 11:43 AM
We were not there for spring break 2011, but we were for 08,09 and 10 (and will be for 12). These trips have been before and after EAster. I can tell you that MK did open at 7AM for EMH every day those weeks. I'd seen the sun set at MK, but seeing the sun come up there is awesome. And using those hours at MK is crucial because by noon it is very, very crowded. Some day when I am done teaching I'll finally see what the parks are like when kids are IN school!
I don't remember any other details, but we always get there at open and do the big rides with fastpasses, and we are fine.
Daisyx3

We also try to hit the early opens & stay until the park starts getting crowded (10:30-11:00ish). We usually have pretty good luck getting thru our fav rides during the early opening. You can accomplish a lot in those 2 hours - go! Don't waste them! There are just TOO MANY people.

We go early then we get the heck out & park hop to whatever park is recommended on touringplans.com or tourguide Mike's. In 2010 MK was full to capacity between 10:30 & 11:00 and they closed admission until crowd levels went down a little.