PDA

View Full Version : VWL Balconies

Cheltenham
09-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I am staying at VWL for the first time in January in a dedicated two bedroom. I requested an upper floor thinking it would be quieter and have a better view but I have seen some photos in which it appears that some balconies on upper floors have solid walls.

Does anyone know anything about the location of these types of balconies? Do they block the view or otherwise make much of a difference? Any other suggestions on room requests?

Thanks.

kid-at-heart
09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
We recently stayed in a one bedroom on the 5th floor and yes, the balcony wall was solid, about three feet high or maybe even a bit higher. At first I thought I would not like having the solid wall but it ended up being a bonus. We could sit outside and watch the birds and clouds and if we were sitting down, no one could see us. Nature and privacy. :goodvibes And yes, it was quiet.

Someone else will have to answer your questions regarding requesting a location. All I asked for was top floor and I was very satisfied with our location and room.

vacationbug
09-05-2011, 01:53 PM
We recently had a balcony that overlooked the small courtyard (2503) between the Lodge and the Villas. I thought the view was nice and peaceful, but the "cattle bells" hanging at the arcade was fun for the kids to swat as they walk by, but it wasn't a nice sound after a while of sitting on the balcony. The kids were having great fun with it, so it wasn't a "bad" noise.

We never saw anyone else on their balconies during our stay - maybe they didn't like the sounding of the bells or maybe not "balcony sitters"?

Next time I will request to be "opposite" the arcade, as that is prolly more relaxing for our early morning coffee and quiet time.

It didn't detract from our enjoyment of the resort at all, but be aware that there will be ringing/clattering sounds from the arcade.

Enjoy your stay, it is a lovely resort.

twinklebug
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
We recently had a balcony that overlooked the small courtyard (2503) between the Lodge and the Villas. I thought the view was nice and peaceful, but the "cattle bells" hanging at the arcade was fun for the kids to swat as they walk by, but it wasn't a nice sound after a while of sitting on the balcony. The kids were having great fun with it, so it wasn't a "bad" noise.

We never saw anyone else on their balconies during our stay - maybe they didn't like the sounding of the bells or maybe not "balcony sitters"?

Next time I will request to be "opposite" the arcade, as that is prolly more relaxing for our early morning coffee and quiet time.

It didn't detract from our enjoyment of the resort at all, but be aware that there will be ringing/clattering sounds from the arcade.

Those bells bothered me too - I'm usually a person who will hang out on her balcony/patio for an hour every morning, but in that location I couldn't stay out for more than 10 min. After that experience I now request that my kids not hit the bells as we walk by in consideration for anyone trying to enjoy their balconies in the area.

Pirate Granny
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
We were only in a studio...third floor, facing the woods/driveway for the bus...what a great, peaceful balcony...it's the opposite of those facing the pool in the corridor almost to the end...Wonderful for my morning tea.

jimmytammy
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Balconies on the 5th floor are only ones with solid walls like that. 1st floors have concrete patios. We like the 5th floor, tendency to be a little quieter, but VWL in general is really quiet. We have stayed in 2 bed near elevators, 2nd floor and loved it! Any of those corner 2 beds near elevators would be really nice IMO. All balconies 2-4 floors have rails. We love VWL!! Have a great time!!!