PDA

View Full Version : Aulani Bed Runners

rjvose17
09-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I haven't been fortunate enough to go to Aulani however I would like to some day, but that's not the reason for my post.

What I would like to know is.... is there any place to buy or have made the bed runners that are on the beds at Aulani? I saw one in the pictures, the ones with the pineapples that are red or blue. Anyways, I really love them and would like to find where I could have one made if I can't buy one. Thanks!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

kikiq
09-05-2011, 12:47 PM
They are gorgeous! The Hawaiian quilt design is the pineapple. The Pineapple design represents hospitality and Aloha. I would first call the resort to see if they are going to sell the bedding like they do at other DVC resorts. If they do, it will be expensive. Personally, I would google Hawaiian quilt designs. What you will find is that the pineapple design can be very different. That design is specific for Aulani, if you look closely there is a hidden Mickey.

A "real" Hawaiian quilt/pillow made and quilted by hand is beautiful and expensive. We don't know yet if it is "handmade/machine quilted" with red or blue fabric on whilte fabric OR a well stenciled Hawaiian quilt pattern then quilted that i've seen recently at Hawaiian festivals in Southern California. Hopefully someone will take a close up picture on BOTH sides of the "runner".

Now I'm going to have to go through my Hawaiian websites folder ;).

rparmfamily
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I love how the bed runners have the mickey ears in them as well.

rjvose17
09-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for your responses friends! I love the mickey heads that's the main reason that I love runners. I didn't know that other resorts sold the bedding and stuff! We are always looking to purchase those things. It's not the disney hotel collection is it? Cause they are all white. Anyways...ill call and find out! Thanks again. :thumbsup2

rparmfamily
09-06-2011, 01:50 AM
I thought they looked machine sewn for sure. They are cute!! Our rooms had red ones. :) They are the size of a throw.

malice
12-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm at the resort right now and they sell the blue version (the one in my room is red) for $200.