PDA

View Full Version : Crib???

kristenrice
09-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I know the resorts have Pack n Plays, but do they have cribs available on request? I'm thinking specifically of OKW. We're going in June with my yet-to-be-born niece who is due at the beginning of November. My sister and I aren't too sure that the baby will be OK for 7 nights in just a Pack n Play. I know about ABBF and we're looking into them, but I thought I'd ask if the resort has their own.

disneynutz
09-04-2011, 01:28 PM
The co-located resorts sometimes have them available but I would guess that a dedicated DVC resort like OKW and SSR do not. At the regular non DVC resorts, sometimes the Guests are charged for there use and sometimes that aren't.

:earsboy: Bill

RDP
09-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Email them, we have only needed the crib when we stayed at the Dolphin, they had them, so unsure about the DVC resorts.

Deb & Bill
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
If you want a guaranteed crib, rent one from an outside company.

tara98
09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Last year we rented both a full sized crib and a wooden rocking chair from A Baby's Best Friend. I was very happy with both. The crib wasn't the best, best quality, but was easy and convenient (it was for my 2 and a half year old, not an infant), and if I had to do it again, I would. They had so much more available to rent also. Check out their web page- http://www.abbf.com/

Good luck!

Worktoplay
09-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I asked at member services and they said that each resort has a few available on the first come basis. We requested it for our last summer trip and they did not have one available.

Pirate Granny
09-04-2011, 10:35 PM
We stayed at OKW in a GV in March, we request a crib (not a pack and Play, which there were two in the GV), along with two high chairs...we had a wonderful almost full size crib, and sheets....so, they do have them at OKW...I believe it's not guaranteed, but put it on your reservation NOW.

Have a wonderful trip.

Pirate Granny
09-04-2011, 10:39 PM
A 7month old should be fine in pack n play

maciec
09-05-2011, 02:01 AM
my 6mo son won't sleep in the pack and play so we are renting a crib from A Babys Best Friend. I didn't want to take the chance that SSR didn't have any cribs when we arrived.

FreeTime
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
We were able to get a crib one time. It was not full size and was rather rickety. After that, we just started using the pack in play.