PDA

View Full Version : Missed the Seminar...One Question

Krause
09-03-2011, 10:04 PM
I understand when you book any property other than a Disney property (RCI for instance), that there is a substantial nightly fee- I was told $95/night.

Is that correct?

We did not get a chance to retake the seminar this time however we are now seriously considering buying (resale). I am sure they covered this but I just can't recall.

Any help?

DebbieB
09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I understand when you book any property other than a Disney property (RCI for instance), that there is a substantial nightly fee- I was told $95/night.

Is that correct?

We did not get a chance to retake the seminar this time however we are now seriously considering buying (resale). I am sure they covered this but I just can't recall.

Any help?

Other than a DVC property (except Disneyland) is $95. If you make a change to the reservation, you have to pay the $95 again. That's per room, not per night.

Regarding resales:

New Policy Announced for Re-sale Purchases

Disney Vacation ClubŪ has announced a new policy that limits access to certain Member Getaways exchanges for Ownership Interests purchased on the secondary market (also known as the re-sale market).

Under the new policy, Members who purchase from anyone other than Disney Vacation Development, Inc., on or after March 21, 2011, will not be eligible to use those Vacation Points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. Those Vacation Points will instead be valid only for reservations at Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCIŪ exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest.

The affected collections are special Member benefits programs offered by Disney Vacation Development, Inc., and are not part of Members' Ownership Interests. That said, Members who purchased on the secondary market prior to March 21, 2011, may use those Vacation Points for all Member Getaways.

Note that the policy doesn't impact banking, borrowing or transferring Vacation Points. All Members will continue to have the ability make such transactions, regardless of where they purchased their Ownership Interests. Complete rules about these transactions are available in the Home Resort Rules and Regulations section of this website.

disneynutz
09-04-2011, 05:22 AM

Is that correct?

Any help?

You need to really understand that what happens today, may not happen tomorrow. A couple of years ago there wasn't a fee. A couple of months ago, resale purchases were treated the same as direct sales. Based on past changes one can assume that additional restrictions will be forthcoming.

:earsboy: Bill