PDA

View Full Version : Just back from our first trip at Kidani Village

alirwalsh4
09-03-2011, 04:45 PM
We just spent 9 nights in a two bedroom at the kidani Village. Loved almost everything but don't think we will stay there again. Why did they not put in a quick service restaurant? Yes, Jambo House has one but in the morning when you are looking for something quick so you can get up and out to the parks before they open, going to Jambo House is less than ideal.
The room was beautiful, quite large, much bigger than Jambo House. 3 bathrooms! It was great, staff were great. Sanaa (sp) was excellent, one of our best meals this trip. But not having a quich service really made a huge difference.
However we had a wonderful trip, best Disney trip yet, the kids are at such a great easy stage it was wonderful family time.

bobbiwoz
09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. I've booked lunch with an Animal Trainer in less than 2 weeks, so I'll be having my first meal at Sanaa. Many people seem to enjoy it, so I'm giving it a chance.

RumpleMom
09-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I read somewhere on the Dis that continental breakfast items are available at the Sanaa lounge each morning.

moredisneyplease
09-03-2011, 08:29 PM
agreed...........they NEED that counter service in Kidani!

Disney Princess
09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm glad you had a fun time. It sounds like you enjoyed yourselves. I've read that several people wish Kidani had a counter service restaurant; maybe one day it well.

DizGirl20
09-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I guess I am in the minority here. We almost always have Garden Grocer deliver breakfast and snack items to our villa so not having quick/counter service does not bother me at all. In fact, I kind of like it, I think it keeps things quieter around the Kidani Lobby... :confused3

cemeb4dk
09-03-2011, 10:10 PM
well if thats the only complaint that you had, I consider that an awesome trip. I am really looking forward to our first stay there in a bit more than 3 weeks.

LPnerd
09-04-2011, 02:42 AM
agreed...........they NEED that counter service in Kidani!

I believe the reason is with rooms having kitchens, quick meals are mostly made in the room. When we're in a hurry, we grab cereal , or I scramble a few eggs make toast and we are out the door in 30 min. Instead of paying 40 bucks for counter service for 5 I spend about 6 bucks . I put dinner in the crock pot, and we're gone for the day, grab a bite for lunch and have a good dinner with minimal fuss when we get home. with 5 of us, I spend about 30 dollars a day on food. leaves me more to spend in the parks on FUDGE! LOL. Just a thought.
also, Did you know you can look online at Publix supermarket, place an order and have it delivered to the room??? WE sat down and figured it out once and saved about 400 bucks on food for a 3 day trip. We do like to go out to eat once, usually a character if grandkids are with us. otherwise, we head to Canada, or ESPN.

RDP
09-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Cant wait to get back there. We have stayed in a two bed also and loved it. Back in October to stay in a one bed. Looking forward to coffee on the balcony with that fantastic savannah view. Agree, it needs a counter service. Cant wait to take the children to the pool and eat at Jiko!

jacesmommy
09-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I guess I am in the minority here. We almost always have Garden Grocer deliver breakfast and snack items to our villa so not having quick/counter service does not bother me at all. In fact, I kind of like it, I think it keeps things quieter around the Kidani Lobby... :confused3

We do the same. We usually only have one breakfast out during our stays so we can have a character breakfast experience. I rather enjoy getting up, brewing coffee and eating a leisurely breakfast as we get ready. Saves a lot of cash too!! :thumbsup2

But it's true, not everyone likes to do this and it would be a good idea to have something quick available for those staying at Kidani.

eporter66
09-04-2011, 11:42 AM
As others said, we have breakfast in the room to help us get off to an early start. It would be nice if Kidani had a quick service restaurant, but it does not bother me either. I enjoy a nice stroll over to Jambo if the need arises. We often head over to Jambo to do the pool there (even though we love the Kidani pool).

We are going in October and really looking forward to a relaxing vacation - it is always the highlight of my year!!

magicaldisney
09-04-2011, 11:53 AM
We thought the lack of quick service would bother us as well. Actually, it really didn't matter at all. One thing we liked about being DVC owners is the ability to be able to eat breakfast in our room. We eat while everyone is getting ready. That saves us both time and money. Then we head out for the day and eat at the parks. We really enjoy the walk over to Jambo if we want to go to Maras. So, in the long run, we were really concerned and bummed about nothing. However, if they had a quick service in Kidani we would definitely use it. :thumbsup2

SamSam
09-04-2011, 12:23 PM
We love Kidani! No Quick service doesn't bother us because we always rent a car and do a grocery run to stock the villa with breakfast items, easy luncheon items (deli meats & cheese), wine (for enjoying a glass in the evening on the balcony).

We usually work half days, so we enjoy a leisurely breakfast out on the balcony, then work a few hours....then off to the parks.

SLM
09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Do you think they thought because was Mara is so close there was no need for another QS?

ajf1007
09-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I read somewhere on the Dis that continental breakfast items are available at the Sanaa lounge each morning.

I remember reading that somewhere too! So if that's true and your looking for something quick - a continental breakfast would do it!

DizDays
09-04-2011, 09:50 PM
While I find it easy enough to do a quick breakfast in the room (and save big $$), it would be nice to have a CS at Kidani so the option is available. What we did last October was walk over to The Mara, have a quick breakfast, then catch the bus. Not too much different than if we went to a Kidani CS, except for the 5 minute walk.

I hope DVC figures out how to put one into Kidani. But it's not a deal breaker for us. We love our AKV.

Silver Queen
09-04-2011, 11:53 PM
We are big Kidani fans and the lack of a QS doesn't bother us at all. We have an easy breakfast of cereal or an English muffin or bagel in our studio and we're off to the parks. It's easy to purchase English muffins or bread right in the gift shop in the Kidani lobby. I agree with the previous poster who liked the fact that Kidani was quieter because it didn't have a QS restaurant.