PDA

View Full Version : HH/Shelter Cove ?

gracelrm
09-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Did I read somewhere on here that Kroger was going in at the Shelter Cove Marina area - or was it the Shelter Cove Mall area? I've looked back over recent posts and can't find where I read that. Perhaps it was all a dream.

WebmasterDoc
09-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes, it was announced this week that Kroger has purchased the Shelter Cove Mall. Belk will remain as the anchor store (and I think a couple of other shops will also remain) and Kroger will have a grocery. The Mall will not stay as an indoor facility but will more of a strip mall type of operation. There was also mention of an apartment complex with a view of the marsh as part of the redevelopment.

I don't think a timetable was announced for completion. The north end of the current facility will be torn down to restructure the new one.

Here is a link to the announcement. Kroger at Shelter Cove (http://www.islandpacket.com/2011/08/30/1774633/kroger-announces-purchase-redevelopment.html)

LPnerd
09-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Did I read somewhere on here that Kroger was going in at the Shelter Cove Marina area - or was it the Shelter Cove Mall area? I've looked back over recent posts and can't find where I read that. Perhaps it was all a dream.

there is a Piggly Wiggly that's pretty good at the far end of the shops at shelter cove. It's where the TJ max is.

gracelrm
09-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the link to the article.

Simba's Mom
09-04-2011, 12:44 PM
there is a Piggly Wiggly that's pretty good at the far end of the shops at shelter cove. It's where the TJ max is.

I don't think The Pig is going to be too happy haven't a competing store so close by. I kind of wish a Cracker Barrel had gone in the Mall instead. Although it's been about 5 years, I still miss our breakfast at Cracker Barrel-and we don't have a Cracker Barrel near where we live.