PDA

View Full Version : Villas at Grand Floridian?

BuzzLiteyear
09-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Now that I'm a new DVC member, I'm starting to get an obsession with all things DVC :worship: . What do you all suppose the new rumored DVC at GF will be called - Villas at Grand Floridian or Grand Floridian Villas or something else?

Sammie
09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
The way things are going lately it might be nicknamed the Villas most Hated by Disney Brides.

Some serious tension over the construction. I would not be surprised to see picketing.

BuzzLiteyear
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
The way things are going lately it might be nicknamed the Villas most Hated by Disney Brides.

Some serious tension over the construction. I would not be surprised to see picketing.

I hadn't even thought of that name :scared1: . It would fit, wouldn't it?

Sammie
09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Lots of drama, seems they are having to drain the lagoon to expand the land out and they contacted a bride within weeks of her date and wanted to move her to TOWL.

Right now, it's a bad situation all around for the wedding division and DVC. Neither are very popular at this point.

DizDays
09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
What an awful situation! Whatever happened to advance planning? I would think Disney knew long enough ago what their "drafted" time frame should be.

As for the name... I assume it will follow Grand Cal and be the Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF).

Sammie
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
What an awful situation! Whatever happened to advance planning? I would think Disney knew long enough ago what their "drafted" time frame should be.

As for the name... I assume it will follow Grand Cal and be the Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF).

Disney has a standing policy to never release in advance construction plans. For one they change or get cancelled then that upsets everyone too.

If a bride was told in advance and did not book the chapel only to find out later the construction did not happen and it was too late to get it back, that would be a mess too.

There simply is no way to win on this one.

DebbieB
09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
The bride did come to an acceptable resolution with Disney. Of course, part of the agreement is she can't say what it is.

JWG
09-02-2011, 10:22 PM
The bride did come to an acceptable resolution with Disney. Of course, part of the agreement is she can't say what it is.

This is so dumb. Does this mean she can't post pics on the web because we may see where the wedding ends up being?

If I were her I'd have lobbied for:
- Cinderella's Castle (you can do this for a price that no normal person can afford)

And negotiate down from there.

Sammie
09-02-2011, 11:08 PM
as to the name I agree with Villas at the Grand Floridian.

Mert
09-03-2011, 08:24 AM
The g.f. Is probably the best location as per the magic kingdom. But as noted above i dont think all the brides will be thrilled with all the construction and increase in kids.

DebbieB
09-03-2011, 09:27 AM
This is so dumb. Does this mean she can't post pics on the web because we may see where the wedding ends up being?

If I were her I'd have lobbied for:
- Cinderella's Castle (you can do this for a price that no normal person can afford)

And negotiate down from there.

She posted later that it will still be at the wedding pavillion but she can't say when. :confused3 My bet is they gave a big price break or other throw-ins.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791110

BuzzLiteyear
09-03-2011, 12:36 PM
I would imagine that her settlement with Disney probably came down to what was in the contract. It may have left her with little bargaining room. The only thing she could leverage was bad press.

CarolMN
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Let's keep on topic, please.

Resolution of the wedding issue is not a DVC topic.

Thank you.