PDA

View Full Version : 35 day countdown, but afraid to see what's next

medic318
09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
The last 4 weeks have been pretty crazy. My father passed away somewhat unexpectedly on August 5th. we had the funeral the following Tuesday. In the subsequent weeks, my house flooded due to a massive rain storm; we went on a weekend getaway for a party and my son broke out in hives from head to toe requiring a trip to the hospital, and this weekend we were hit by hurricane Irene and were without power till yesterday. All of this has produced a tremendous amount of stress in our family. But I am trying to stay focused on October 8th for our trip down to our other home.

Smile&Nod
09-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and the multitude of troubles you have seen recently - keep being positive about your trip in October - hopefully it will be the beginning of many good times for your family!

Disney Princess
09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
:grouphug: It sounds like it hasn't been the best month. I'm sorry to hear of your loss and troubles. Here's hoping that things start to look a little brighter and that your trip brings you the relaxation and recovery you need.

DizDays
09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
So sorry for your loss and to hear about your hardships lately. Hopefully this means no more for a very, very long time. Just focus on how wonderful Disney is and the great time you'll have. Prayers for you and your family.

TinkerbelleAbbysMom
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Prayers and hugs your way that things get better soon!

FigmentLady
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Wow, sounds like we are having a similar summer including the loss of a parent, hospital visits, and Irene. I go to Disney on Sept 15th and while I am also nervous about "what happens next?!?" I am looking forward to escaping reality for a bit.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope your upcoming trip can bring you some joy during such a difficult time in your life.

DisneyMim
09-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I just happened to stumble on this thread. OP I know exactly how you feel. I lost my beloved Mom on August 5th this year too. I spent every day during July at the hospital and a lot of May and June either at the hospital or in doctors' offices. We had planned a trip to Florida months before all this happened. A week at the beach and a week at Disney. Long (very long) story short we cancelled the week at the beach but ended up going to Disney for a week. We stayed at the treehouses and had a great time, even though I was very reluctant to go. I felt very guilty going away so soon after my mom passed. But I have to say it was the best thing. We spent time as a family relaxing and I have to say the treehouse was wonderful. Very quiet and healing. My happy place was the best thing for me.

I haven't even been able to write anything about our trip because I am still so emotional over my mom, but your thread made me write. I know it will take me a long time to heal and as someone who knows how you feel, we have to give ourselves time.

I hope you have a good time on your vacation and enjoy yourself. I know I am already looking forward to our next Disney vacation, this coming Christmas.

Take care and

Enjoy The Magic!

medic318
09-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Thank u everyone for the thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated. Mim I'm glad you were able to write about it. I sort of wrote this thread to to get some stress out of me.

I love to travel. Vegas, cruises, car rides to different places. But no 1 can top the way the mouse does things for me.

debbieandroo
09-03-2011, 12:04 AM
:grouphug:

Wow, lots of stuff going on with everyone nowadays!

I went through the same thing last year - losing my mother after an extended illness back in November, then going to WDW in December. Had to move past that surviver's guilt but ended up having a lovely time. The mouse, along with the love and prayers of dear friends, did do wonders to my sad little heart. I hope and pray the same for you and your family.

Cee
09-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Hang in there. You've had enough for a lifetime in one month. Disney awaits to soothe and replenish your soul.:cloud9:

Havana
09-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm so sorry:hug:
We find ourselves retreating to WDW after major upsets in our lives. It helps heal our souls.

medic318
09-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Well things have not slowed down. We have had major issues with insurance paying for the damage on the house. My father's brother died over the weekend, 7 weeks to the day my dad died. And my friend we are going with hurt his back and doesn't know if he and wife are going to be able to go. I am really getting nervous about this trip, but we are in the home stretch. 7 days to go. I am on hold with MS now waiting to get MNSSHP tixx for us. :eeyore:

BEASLYBOO
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
You're almost there! Here's a little pixiedust: to bring you good luck!

Irishmom23
09-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Ohhh after all you've gone through here is a little pixie dust for smooth sailing until your trip pixiedust: