PDA

View Full Version : It's almost October and I'll be in my "Happy Place" again!!!

Ms. WDW
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
In 36 more days I'll be in my happy place! :banana::banana:

Cee - you out there girl?? How many days for you now? I know it's less than me. :thumbsup2

Now I'm really getting anxious to get there! Going over my dining plans to see if there something I need to "tweek" and checking out what Countires will be represented this year at the Food and Wine Festival!! :yay:

tufenuff
09-02-2011, 06:43 PM
17 days till we take all the kids and grandkids. :banana:

Ms. WDW
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
17 days till we take all the kids and grandkids. :banana:

What a wonderful trip that will be! Have a fantastic time!! :goodvibes

bobbiwoz
09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll be going to the first MNSSHP with 5 DGF's! One friend hasn't been to Disney since she was 12 maybe 30 years ago. (She's my "much younger than me friend!);) I'm really looking forward to this trip, even though when I return home, my first day of classes will be just 3 days away! This is my end of summer fling. DH isn't completely out of the loop, after my DGFs go home, he and I are going on a 3 night RCCL cruise!

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. tufenuff, our DGC will be with us for a 3 night Halloween weekend in a treehouse. Sharing with those kids makes me so happy! I hope you have a great family vacation. Where are you staying?

tufenuff
09-02-2011, 09:11 PM
We are staying at BLT, we have a lake view. We have never stayed there before and are looking forward to it.

Ms. WDW
09-03-2011, 05:51 AM
I'll be going to the first MNSSHP with 5 DGF's! One friend hasn't been to Disney since she was 12 maybe 30 years ago. (She's my "much younger than me friend!);) I'm really looking forward to this trip, even though when I return home, my first day of classes will be just 3 days away! This is my end of summer fling. DH isn't completely out of the loop, after my DGFs go home, he and I are going on a 3 night RCCL cruise!

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. tufenuff, our DGC will be with us for a 3 night Halloween weekend in a treehouse. Sharing with those kids makes me so happy! I hope you have a great family vacation. Where are you staying?

Your "summer fling" sounds wonderful!! I know you'll have a fantastic time before classed begin.

We're staying at the Boardwalk. DH loves it over there! He likes SSR also but I thought since the F&W is going on and he's never been to it this would be the ideal location! I thought about the Treehouses for next June when DB and family comes again but I waited too late. That's ok...I'm booked into a 2BR at SSR so all is good.

Have a great weekend Bobbi! :thumbsup2

bobbiwoz
09-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Your "summer fling" sounds wonderful!! I know you'll have a fantastic time before classed begin.

We're staying at the Boardwalk. DH loves it over there! He likes SSR also but I thought since the F&W is going on and he's never been to it this would be the ideal location! I thought about the Treehouses for next June when DB and family comes again but I waited too late. That's ok...I'm booked into a 2BR at SSR so all is good.

Have a great weekend Bobbi! :thumbsup2

Our Halloween stay at first was going to be in a 2 bedroom at SSR but I wait listed the treehouse and it came through! Have you wait listed?

Cee
09-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Linda! I'm here, my friend! We leave on Sunday, Oct. 2nd so we are only 29 days out...:banana: I received the DME booklet in the mail yesterday, used Frequent Flyer miles to get our flights booked and we are READY. Now I'm just trying to stockpile a little spending money for the trip. We purchased those wristlet gift cards last year for F & W which worked like a dream. SWIPE AND EAT. They should change the name of the festival to that. We're going to the "Swipe & Eat" Festival! Whoop!

Let's count it down everyone! We'll all be there soon.

Linda, how are you and your DH preparing for the S & E? ;)

kbeam
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
It's almost October and I'll be in my "Happy Place" again!!!

This is what I call it!!! And we're also going in October (28 days)and staying at BWV. I lived in the Bronx (when I was 4), Co-Op City...is it still there?

arthur06
09-05-2011, 06:12 PM
under 3 weeks for us!

SamSam
09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
25 days for us! We have been more times than I can count, but I'm still as excited as the first few times. It's just a different experience now, kids grown so we're empty nesters, but we go even more now!!!

maciec
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
41 for us! First stay in a grand villa. I've lost count how many times we have been to WDW, but I am just as excited as the first time we went. This will be our baby's first trip also. He will be 6.5mo. Both of my other kids were 13m when they had their first trip so we are starting baby bird off early!

funhouse8
09-06-2011, 07:41 AM
33 days for us. We are staying at the boardwalk for our 30th Anniversary. Can't wait for F&W and the MNSSHP. First time for both of these. Whoot hoot:banana:

mouseaider
09-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Only 29 more days for us. :banana:

First two nights are at OKW and then BWV for five. :cool1:

ahalla
09-06-2011, 09:23 AM
33 days for us and can't wait. We will be staying at Kidani Village :cool1:

JWG
09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
37 days here! Food, wine, horseback riding...

adminjedi
09-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Just a few days to our semi-happy place (DL) as a company retreat, and then a couple months until Aulani! Woo Hoo :cool1:

Our trip to WDW is now passed, but it was supposed to be a family reunion to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary...instead, it was a grieving and healing time as my father passed away 10 days after their anniversary and 10 days before the trip. I just can't bring myself to remove the ticker. :(

Cee
09-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Just a few days to our semi-happy place (DL) as a company retreat, and then a couple months until Aulani! Woo Hoo :cool1:

Our trip to WDW is now passed, but it was supposed to be a family reunion to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary...instead, it was a grieving and healing time as my father passed away 10 days after their anniversary and 10 days before the trip. I just can't bring myself to remove the ticker. :(

So, so sorry to hear this. :hug:

Cee
09-09-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm bumping this up! Let's hear it, everyone....we'll all be "home" SOON! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

kristenrice
09-09-2011, 08:01 AM
34 days...and 4 hours...until takeoff!!

My DH just left today to go hunting for a week...350 miles away:sad1:...so it is just me and the girls for the next 7 days. Then, in a little over a month, it's my turn:woohoo:.

Here's our "itinerary"...

Day 1: Arrival, Fantasmic, in-room dining at BLT for late dinner
Day 2: Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, AK for the day, Boma for dinner, TOTWL for dessert and fireworks
Day 3: Breakfast at The Wave, Epcot for the day, check in to BWV, SoA for dinner
Day 4: Breakfast in the room, DHS for the day, LeCellier for dinner, Epcot/Illuminations after dinner
Day 5: MK in the morning, Olivia's for lunch, back to MK for MSEP, Wishes and evening EMH
Day 6: Breakfast at Kouzzina, DME back to airport at 11:30...flight departs at 2:30:sad1:.

First two nights, we have a LV studio at BLT with the DxDDP. The last three nights, we have a standard 1BR at BWV. It will be my first stay at both of them so I am knocking 2 resorts off of my "to try" list.

I am waiting for my DME packet. Once that arrives, I feel like I'm in the "home stretch"...but then what:confused3? Around 20-30 days out, I hit the "stall" phase...too late to tinker with anything, too early to start actual packing. DH was laughing at me because I've done a few "dry runs" with my packing, trying to figure out which bags will work the best, what will fit where, how much clothes I really need, etc. I've gone through my "practice packing" several times already and he thinks I am just ridiculous. Well, last night, he ate his words:lmao:. He was scrambling to get all of his hunting gear together...couldn't fit everything in the duffel he thought he was going to take...frantically searched for a duffel that would work...had to find the power cords to his electronics...needed batteries...had to buy a new flashlight...and on, and on:rolleyes1. He finally admitted that perhaps he should have tried a "practice pack" a few weeks ago:rotfl2:.

ses1230
09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
43 days until our F&W and MNSSHP trip!

We're thinking of doing MNSSHP twice since it so much fun!

jupers
09-09-2011, 05:33 PM
41 days till my first DVC stay...Just Mom and I..F & W. MNSHHP. 1 night at Jambo and snagged a 1bedroom at BWV for the other 3 nights!!!! So excited!!! BTW....what is the wrist band thing? How does it work?

dansyr2514
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
21 days. Woo hoo!!! BWV and akv.

AnnaS
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Not sure how many days - middle of October and keeping fingers crossed it all goes smooth - 9 people - 5 studios - 3 BCV and 2 SSR.

My future daughter-in-law has a DMV hearing - I hope she can postpone - right in the middle of our trip.

Live4Surf
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Just under two weeks for us!!!! :yay:

Cee
09-10-2011, 11:13 AM
41 days till my first DVC stay...Just Mom and I..F & W. MNSHHP. 1 night at Jambo and snagged a 1bedroom at BWV for the other 3 nights!!!! So excited!!! BTW....what is the wrist band thing? How does it work?

The wristlet is a wonderful invention for use at the F & W Festival. You can purchase them at Guest Relations and several other places throughout Epcot including the F & W headquarters(where Wonders of Life used to be). It's just a small themed gift card that is on an expandable wristlet which makes it very easy to just "Swipe & Eat". You don't have to keep going to your wallet for cash or a credit card. It is BRILLIANT. We are definitely getting those again!

Have a blast! :goodvibes

kristenrice
09-10-2011, 11:50 AM
The wristlet is a wonderful invention for use at the F & W Festival. You can purchase them at Guest Relations and several other places throughout Epcot including the F & W headquarters(where Wonders of Life used to be). It's just a small themed gift card that is on an expandable wristlet which makes it very easy to just "Swipe & Eat". You don't have to keep going to your wallet for cash or a credit card. It is BRILLIANT. We are definitely getting those again!

Have a blast! :goodvibes

Silly question...is it just Epcot guest relations or will all the parks have them? We are going to DHS on our arrival night and have to go to GR anyways to get our AP vouchers exchanged and buy a TIW card. If I can get my giftcard-on-a-bracelet while I'm at it, that would be great.

Cee
09-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Silly question...is it just Epcot guest relations or will all the parks have them? We are going to DHS on our arrival night and have to go to GR anyways to get our AP vouchers exchanged and buy a TIW card. If I can get my giftcard-on-a-bracelet while I'm at it, that would be great.

Kristen, I'm not sure. I think you can only get the F & W themed gift cards at Epcot. But I could be wrong about that.

aroundtheriverbend
09-11-2011, 09:17 AM
40 days for us - AKV/BCV split stay, our first DVC experience, and our first Beach Club stay!!! Can't get here fast enough!!!!!

Cee
09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
I know what you mean. We're down to only 20 days! Before I know it, we'll be doing the single-digit dance! :banana: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

BethanyF
09-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I am waiting for my DME packet. Once that arrives, I feel like I'm in the "home stretch"...but then what:confused3? Around 20-30 days out, I hit the "stall" phase...too late to tinker with anything, too early to start actual packing. DH was laughing at me because I've done a few "dry runs" with my packing, trying to figure out which bags will work the best, what will fit where, how much clothes I really need, etc. I've gone through my "practice packing" several times already and he thinks I am just ridiculous.

I so totally understand this. I'm at 23 days, getting really anxious :cool1: but kinda bored at the same time :confused3
The arrangements are all made, but it is too early to pack, order groceries or stalk the weather sites. So for now I am piling things on top of the suitcases waiting until it gets close enough to actually put things in them. Once the 15 day forecast is available then I know it is just around the corner and I can start preparing again.

athenna
09-12-2011, 09:02 AM
33 more days!:woohoo::dance3::yay::woohoo::dance3::yay:

AnnaS
09-12-2011, 11:29 AM
First set of ME tags have arrived :cool1: that means we are getting close.

nutc4disney
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
:banana:40 days 9 hours and 2 minutes but who's counting split stay BWV & SSR:cool1:

babster462
09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
20 days and I just can't wait! Saratoga Springs is home for me! I miss my "happy place" and it has only been 7 months since we were there! LOL

Cee
09-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I know what you mean, Babs! I love SSR. My girls and I will be having our pre-Disney trip meeting next week to discuss things, do a little planning and get all finances in order. And of course to get even MORE excited.

To another PP, I love the "practice packing" idea! :thumbsup2

Ms. WDW
09-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Linda! I'm here, my friend! We leave on Sunday, Oct. 2nd so we are only 29 days out...:banana: I received the DME booklet in the mail yesterday, used Frequent Flyer miles to get our flights booked and we are READY. Now I'm just trying to stockpile a little spending money for the trip. We purchased those wristlet gift cards last year for F & W which worked like a dream. SWIPE AND EAT. They should change the name of the festival to that. We're going to the "Swipe & Eat" Festival! Whoop!

Let's count it down everyone! We'll all be there soon.

Linda, how are you and your DH preparing for the S & E? ;)

OMG!!! I forgot DME!!!! Later..

Ms. WDW
09-14-2011, 02:00 PM
It's almost October and I'll be in my "Happy Place" again!!!

This is what I call it!!! And we're also going in October (28 days)and staying at BWV. I lived in the Bronx (when I was 4), Co-Op City...is it still there?

Sure Co-Op City is there! ;)

Ms. WDW
09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I can't believe I totally forgot the DME!!! Cee - if I hadn't taken the time NOW to read up on some of the posts I'd never have remembered to schedule it. Lucy at MS said not to worry. She personally has spoken to DME Management and they told her that "if a member doesn't get his or her package, simply give the DME personal at the desk the "airline luggage tag" and they'll retrieve the luggage and deliver it. But I sure hope I get my package by 10/8!

You realize this all the Federal Government's fault. If I wasn't on this darn Special Jury Duty I'd have more time for Disney!!!!:rotfl2:

Ms. WDW
09-14-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been awhile since I've been on the board and just now saw your post. My sympathies. However, I can't think of a better place to "remember" all the wonderful times you shared with your father and family than in WDW.

ses1230
09-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I have been reading the "live from the first mnsshp" thread and I can't wait! 33 days to go!

mouseaider
09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Just 21 more days........ just 21 more days. :woohoo:

Cee
09-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Linda! Finally....you were MIA, my friend! You must forget all those other distractions and focus only on DISNEY. :thumbsup2

I have gone without the DME booklet and luggage tags before and it's no problem. You'll be fine.

I'm only 16 days away.....WHEEEEEEEE.......................:woohoo:

Ms. WDW
09-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Cee!! I should be ok without the DME tags should the package come after I leave. :thumbsup2

I can hardly wait my friend....It's finally hit me that in 23 more days I'll be in "my happy place". Yipeeeeeee....:woohoo::woohoo:

Hey what did you decide to do about the beverages?

Tinks "SS"
09-16-2011, 07:59 AM
We hit 30 days today! You are gonna be there the week before us this year!! Hope your trip is Magical to say the least!! Have a great time.

maciec
09-16-2011, 08:01 AM
:cool1::cool1::yay::yay::banana::banana:

Hit 30 days today! Cannot wait! I need to get away from this place pronto!

n2mm
09-16-2011, 09:12 AM
29 days until we're back....funny, we were only there 4 weeks ago, but it seems so long ago.

aroundtheriverbend
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM
35 DAYS AND COUNTING!!:cool1:

Cee
09-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Linda, I think I will leave the beverages to my DDs. They are very capable and I will be lounging at the pool or on the balcony while they scurry about getting all of our sundries. It's the only thing I'm making them pay for so it better be good!popcorn::

Cee
09-20-2011, 06:15 AM
It's time to bump this up!

It's getting down to the wire, everyone! What are you all doing to get ready to (re)visit your "Happy Place"! :goodvibes :cloud9: :thumbsup2

AnnaS
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
26 days for us now.

Right now just keeping fingers crossed that my future daughter-in-law will be able to postpone a DMV hearing that she received for a day during our stay. She won't know til the end of the month/early Oct. if the judge will postpone. We are a party of 9 going (4 studios). Dh and I are definitely going just hoping they can go (as well as her parents). (Her parents were in the car with her when the accident occurred, as well as her grandmother who unfortunately passed in the accident). Thanksgiving day accident and she receives this now.

BethanyF
09-20-2011, 10:45 AM
15 days :cool1:

Started really gathering things for packing and even put a few things in DS's suitcase already.

Still need to place the Garden Grocer order and truly figure out what clothes I am bringing (we're going carry-on only). Also need to pack the small box I am shipping to myself (trading pins, toiletries, etc)

I am MORE than ready for a vacation. :goodvibes

Ms. WDW
09-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Well I called DME and they did infact get my information and....I should have my package by the end of this week. I still can't believe I totally forget to do this! :rotfl:

I've pulled out some of the "Disney" only items like the D&B crosover bag I treated myself to last year and little odds and ends. Next week the suitcase comes out and then the rest of my "Disney only" things that I always bring. :goodvibes

19 days and counting..........:)

mouseaider
09-20-2011, 03:59 PM
15....... Days until OKW/BWV for F&W. :woohoo:

113........ Days until AKL Kadini :thumbsup2

211........ Days until Aulani ! :yay:

JWG
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Three weeks from Thursday! 23 days. Food is great, but wine is better.

Much needed vacation coming up. 12 days in FL and 10 of those at WDW!

kristenrice
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Three weeks from Thursday! 23 days. Food is great, but wine is better.

Much needed vacation coming up. 12 days in FL and 10 of those at WDW!

Me too!!! We arrive on the 13th of October!!

There is nothing left for me to do except sit here and waitpopcorn::....

One of my BFF's is at WDW right now, enjoying her first trip! She is sending me updates when she gets the chance. She already took a DVC tour with her DH and they got 12 fastpasses for it. She told me that when she gets home, I have to give her the "down and dirty" on DVC:woohoo:.

Now, if I could just make that clock/calendar move a little quicker:rolleyes1...

JWG
09-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Me too!!! We arrive on the 13th of October!!

There is nothing left for me to do except sit here and waitpopcorn::....

One of my BFF's is at WDW right now, enjoying her first trip! She is sending me updates when she gets the chance. She already took a DVC tour with her DH and they got 12 fastpasses for it. She told me that when she gets home, I have to give her the "down and dirty" on DVC:woohoo:.

Now, if I could just make that clock/calendar move a little quicker:rolleyes1...

We'll see you there! :thumbsup2
We're at BWV for 10 days and BLT for 2. Look for us stumb... "walking" around Epcot.

kristenrice
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
We'll see you there! :thumbsup2
We're at BWV for 10 days and BLT for 2. Look for us stumb... "walking" around Epcot.

We're at BLT for 2 days and BWV for 3...great minds think alike:rotfl:. It will be my first time at both of them and I am giddy with excitement:goodvibes.

jupers
09-22-2011, 04:57 AM
We'll be right behind you guys...arriving late on the 19th.

goofy4tink
09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Mind if I jump in and express my excitement as well???? 25 days to go...I am so ready for BWV and Kidani!!

mommyoftwo08
09-22-2011, 08:32 AM
We'll join in too...we're at BCV in 20 days for 8 nights! Can't get here quick enough!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous vacation!

athenna
09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I am sooo ready!

23 more days!

3 nights @ AKLV CL:banana:
5 nights @ BWV:woohoo:

Cee
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm loving all the excitement and antici.............pation!

I just did online check-in today. So I'm 10 days out!

Whoop! :woohoo:

NeedMorePoints
09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Seven hours until I do the Single Digit Dance!:banana: F&W here we come.:yay:

Ms. WDW
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
OMG Cee...you have just "9 more sleeps" as of this posting!! Which means I have.............16 more sleeps until I'm on my way!!!:banana::banana:

I actually ordered today my coffee. It comes already in "a filter" so just like the ones you get in the set up, I just "pop and brew".

Will you be taking a laptop or notebook so you can tell us what's going on while we wait for our turn to go?? :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh...oh....I got my ME package today!! Yipee!!! NOW I'm really ready to go! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3:

JWG
09-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I am sooo ready!

23 more days!

3 nights @ AKLV CL:banana:
5 nights @ BWV:woohoo:

We check-in in 23 days! Leave in 21 for two offsite nights first.
First 8 nights at BWV, we'll see you there.
Last two at BLT.
:cool1:

Kidanifan08
09-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I actually ordered today my coffee. It comes already in "a filter" so just like the ones you get in the set up, I just "pop and brew".

Ms. WDW -- tell me about this coffee. We have the "pop and brew" from Folger's, but I would love to find a better coffee if it's out there.

We leave for 4 nights at AKV and 4 nights at BLT in 21 days and 9.5 hours.:banana::banana: We can't wait to be back "home" at AKV and are looking forward to our first stay at BLT for the last 4 nights. We are excited about hosting some long time friends for their first trip in a DVC villa for the first half of the trip! Hopefully I won't be on here in a few weeks with a "I'm never inviting friends on a DVC trip again. . ." post!!:rotfl:

Ms. WDW
09-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Ms. WDW -- tell me about this coffee. We have the "pop and brew" from Folger's, but I would love to find a better coffee if it's out there.

We leave for 4 nights at AKV and 4 nights at BLT in 21 days and 9.5 hours.:banana::banana: We can't wait to be back "home" at AKV and are looking forward to our first stay at BLT for the last 4 nights. We are excited about hosting some long time friends for their first trip in a DVC villa for the first half of the trip! Hopefully I won't be on here in a few weeks with a "I'm never inviting friends on a DVC trip again. . ." post!!:rotfl:

It's Maxwell House Filter Paks and the coffee comes already in the filters! I order from Amazon.com since they seem to be the only ones who now carry t his.

Now; I must warn you. I just went back and looked at my order. In my "excitment" I didn't notice the words "4 Pak" at the end. I'm hoping I don't get "4 cans" of coffee. Otherwise I'll have to see if I can freez it since I'm not going back to Disney for another 8 moths! LOL...I've orderd in the past and only received "1 can" so we'll see. I think I had this same thought last time I ordered also and don't remember receiving 4 cans. We'll see! :rotfl:

Hey I'll tell you what....IF I should get 4 cans of this stuff and you're interested I'll ship you a can. We can talk off line about details but seriously; I have a Keurig Coffee maker so I really can't use these except when I go to Disney. Let's see what comes and then I'll let you know!

So for anyone who's going to be in the world 10/9 - 10/15 - if you see this man and woman "zipping around" like a fireflies" you'll know it me and my husband who drank waaaaaaay too much coffee! LOL..:rotfl2:

LSchrow
09-23-2011, 07:13 AM
ahhhh
just 16 more sleeps until the every night dream of sitting on our BW balcony, watching the sun bring crescent lake out of darkness is a reality again :cloud9:

Cee
09-23-2011, 08:34 AM
OMG Cee...you have just "9 more sleeps" as of this posting!! Which means I have.............16 more sleeps until I'm on my way!!!:banana::banana:

Will you be taking a laptop or notebook so you can tell us what's going on while we wait for our turn to go?? :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh...oh....I got my ME package today!! Yipee!!! NOW I'm really ready to go! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I know, Linda! SO excited. :banana: I just bought some Dunkin' Donuts coffee yesterday and they have new flavors for the holidays. I got some Pumpkin Spice and my old fav, French Vanilla. I won't have a laptop with me, but my girls both have "smart" phones(they're smarter than I am, I can tell you that!), so it's possible that I could somehow figure out how to post to the Dis while I'm there.

It's a little crazy, but the closer I get, the more apprehensive I am of those feelings of it finally being here and then OVER much too soon. I need to STOP that and just enjoy it!

Let the countdowns continue........! :thumbsup2

athenna
09-23-2011, 12:47 PM
We check-in in 23 days! Leave in 21 for two offsite nights first.
First 8 nights at BWV, we'll see you there.
Last two at BLT.
:cool1:

AWESOME!:thumbsup2

Ms. WDW
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
ahhhh
just 16 more sleeps until the every night dream of sitting on our BW balcony, watching the sun bring crescent lake out of darkness is a reality again :cloud9:

I do believe we'll be there the same time! I can't wait.....:thumbsup2

Ms. WDW
09-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I know, Linda! SO excited. :banana: I just bought some Dunkin' Donuts coffee yesterday and they have new flavors for the holidays. I got some Pumpkin Spice and my old fav, French Vanilla. I won't have a laptop with me, but my girls both have "smart" phones(they're smarter than I am, I can tell you that!), so it's possible that I could somehow figure out how to post to the Dis while I'm there.

It's a little crazy, but the closer I get, the more apprehensive I am of those feelings of it finally being here and then OVER much too soon. I need to STOP that and just enjoy it!

Let the countdowns continue........! :thumbsup2

I just picked up two boxes of the Original and Dark Roast for my Keurig. Now if I could convience DH to get an Owners Locker I could keep a small Keurig there and bring my coffee!!

Oh Cee...you KNOW as well as I do that once we get there it goes all too quickly. Well; at least we have eachother and the "board" to help pass the time until our next trip. :rotfl:

jtink60
09-23-2011, 01:54 PM
We have a Studio Boardwalk view also at that time. Counting the days!!!

Jane

Ms. WDW
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
We have a Studio Boardwalk view also at that time. Counting the days!!!

Jane

Very cool!! :thumbsup2

Cee
09-24-2011, 06:03 AM
I just picked up two boxes of the Original and Dark Roast for my Keurig. Now if I could convience DH to get an Owners Locker I could keep a small Keurig there and bring my coffee!!

Oh Cee...you KNOW as well as I do that once we get there it goes all too quickly. Well; at least we have eachother and the "board" to help pass the time until our next trip. :rotfl:

You are so right, my friend. And thank goodness for that! I don't know what I'm whining about, we have a 1BR @ OKW lined up for January! :rolleyes1

aroundtheriverbend
09-24-2011, 09:46 AM
27 days, why oh why is it moving so slow????:sad2:

Can't wait!!!

JWG
09-24-2011, 12:37 PM
3 weeks from today, we check-in to BWV! :banana:
Someone who works for me is there right now, the text reminders are brutal.

ses1230
09-24-2011, 02:14 PM
28 days today!

We got our UT tickets in the mail on Thursday and the girls also got postcards from Rapunzel and Snow White (AKA Fairy Godmailer) and were sooo excited!

Paticake
09-24-2011, 03:47 PM
10 days, woohoo, until 9 nights in a 1 bdrm at SSR. DS, DDIL and DGS, almost 3 will be there also in a studio!

Cee
09-25-2011, 07:06 AM
ONE WEEK from today we will be leaving for IAD to fly down to our Happy Place, BWV and F & W! This will be the longest week of my LIFE. :rolleyes1 :surfweb: :laundy: :rolleyes1 :happytv: :rolleyes1 :surfweb: :headache:

Ms. WDW
09-27-2011, 09:34 AM
ONE WEEK from today we will be leaving for IAD to fly down to our Happy Place, BWV and F & W! This will be the longest week of my LIFE. :rolleyes1 :surfweb: :laundy: :rolleyes1 :happytv: :rolleyes1 :surfweb: :headache:

Oh I know how you feel!! I just placed a grocery order with WeGoShop and I can't believe that I'll be in your shoes soon!! 12 days from today I'll be heading out to LGA to catch a 7:30 am flight out to MCO!! Yeah!!!

Try to keep yourself busy....Ha! Listen to me!!! :lmao::lmao:

Ms. WDW
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
You are so right, my friend. And thank goodness for that! I don't know what I'm whining about, we have a 1BR @ OKW lined up for January! :rolleyes1

January???? I am sooooo jealous! :goodvibes After this I have to wait until June! :lmao:

Maybe one of these "trips" we can meet up for a cocktail? So far, these past two years we've been at the F&W just about the same time. That would be sweet...:thumbsup2

kristenrice
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
16 more days for me...and I have to work 8 of those :headache: (context: I work 14 hour shifts, 3 days a week so 8 more work days feels like 3 weeks!)

...but it will be here before I know it:banana:!

...and then over all too soon:sad1:...

...and then I will start our countdown to June:cheer2:!

n2mm
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
It is getting close, just under 3 weeks. I think I'll start the packing this weekend. Our last trip was August and it was so hot and miserable, so I'm looking forward to this trip for some hopefully better weather. Plus it's a 2 week trip with one week of family and one week without family....that's the perfect vacation for us!

dizfan
09-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Just 2 more days for us.

It's going to be a busy trip for us, but really looking forward to it.
1st time BLT standard view.
1st time SSR.
1st time BWV.
HM Room for 1 more event.
MK 40th
MNSSHP
F&W

BethanyF
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM
8 days...

groceries ordered
most of the packing is organized
Fed Ex box ready to ship on Friday
debating on-line check-in (I didnt put in a room request and want a 1st floor, so if I don't get that, then I would have to stand in the regular line anyway)
still need to gather electronics (chargers, wireless router, etc)

180 days...

dining reservations made this morning - got everything I wanted at the times I wanted :thumbsup2
still need to reserve the Marcelline to MK tour
still need to decide drive or fly? Most likely drive unless an amazing air deal pops up

jupers
09-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Jumping back in...down to 3 weeks from tomorrow. Since my last post I managed to get my 1st night at BWV too...Now no switching resorts.

Dinner at Tonys and MNSSSHP
Dinner at Chefs de France
and lunch at La Cellier!!!!!

SOOOOOOO Excited!!! And making dinner ressies for our January trip now....OMG I LOVE DVC!!!!

Cee
09-28-2011, 06:09 AM
January???? I am sooooo jealous! :goodvibes After this I have to wait until June! :lmao:

Maybe one of these "trips" we can meet up for a cocktail? So far, these past two years we've been at the F&W just about the same time. That would be sweet...:thumbsup2

I would love that! Let's make that happen next F & W. FOUR more days! :banana:

Ms. WDW
09-29-2011, 06:23 AM
I would love that! Let's make that happen next F & W. FOUR more days! :banana:

We'll work on this for next year. Gives us something to "talk about" :surfweb:

Three more days Cee!! If I'm exieted I can just imagine how YOU must feel!!

Should you get busy and not find time to get on the DIS let me say now have a FANTASTIC time and a safe trip my friend!! Hopefully I'll see you before you leave. :goodvibes

Cee
09-29-2011, 06:40 AM
THREE DAYS! Linda and all, let's share our excitement! It's almost HERE. :woohoo:

Ms. WDW
09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
10 days for me Cee!! :banana::banana:

I hit single digits tomorrow!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Cee
09-30-2011, 07:18 AM
TWO DAYS! Oh my gosh.......:cool1: :cloud9: popcorn::

maciec
09-30-2011, 07:23 AM
Soooooo jealous! 16 days is too far away!

bobbiwoz
09-30-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm down to 26 days!:banana:

dizney4us
09-30-2011, 07:35 AM
Just read all your countdowns and now I'm all excited too!:banana: We'll be at BWV's in 12 days to enjoy F&W and we're doing MNSSHP for the very first time! Haven't been to WDW since last October, so we are really looking forward to our 9 nights in a 1-BR! :cool1: Hope you all have a wonderful time!:goodvibes

kristenrice
09-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Just read all your countdowns and now I'm all excited too!:banana: We'll be at BWV's in 12 days to enjoy F&W and we're doing MNSSHP for the very first time! Haven't been to WDW since last October, so we are really looking forward to our 9 nights in a 1-BR! :cool1: Hope you all have a wonderful time!:goodvibes

Maybe we'll see you there! 13 days until BLT...15 days until BWV!

Between battling burnout at work and the rainy, dreary weather, I am SOOOOOO ready to get out of here and down to Orlando:cloud9:.

athenna
09-30-2011, 09:05 AM
15 more days, I can hardly stand it anymore:rotfl2:

Cee
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM

Between battling burnout at work and the rainy, dreary weather, I am SOOOOOO ready to get out of here and down to Orlando:cloud9:.

Kristen, I feel your pain! I am so checked-out already that I am literally DRAGGING myself through these last few days. But it will be here soon enough...for all of us! What fun we will have! :yay:

dizney4us
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM

We share that feeling! We've both been suffering from major burnout at work, so to get through it we just keep talking about our Disney trip and how much fun it is to be at F&W and how nice it will be to go to all the concerts and just realx!:cloud9: We'll be in a standard view 1-BR for 9 nights, so if you see 2 pale New Englanders around BW named Kelly & Charlie...that's us! :rotfl: Feel free to say hello! :goodvibes

maciec
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Soooooo jealous! 16 days is too far away!

LOL after I posted this I just shortened my wait to 15 days. We have to make a 2.5hr drive to the airport and instead of waiting until the day we actually fly to go to the airport, we are going the night before! YAY!

mouseaider
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM
5 Days..... I might start packing soon. :laughing:

JWG
09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
TWO WEEKS!!! (Ok, 15 days until we get to Disney, but only 13 until we get to FL). Have to stop in Clearwarter to see the Dolphin from Dolphin Tale, DD5 loved the movie...

Anyway... TWO WEEKS!!

Cee
10-01-2011, 06:07 AM
One day! I have to do online check-in with the airline today and finish packing and that's IT. One more sleep......Ooooooooo..:cloud9:

jekjones1558
10-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Wish our trip weren't so late in October. Reading all of these posts is making it seem like FOREVER until we leave! Have fun, everyone!

Ms. WDW
10-01-2011, 06:53 AM
8 more days!! I can hardly stand it!!!

Cee...if I don't get the chance later on today, let me say now have a fantastic trip!

I thought about doing the on-line check-in for the resort, but the last time I did that I had the very last room down the hall; near Jellyrolls (3001) and that's just a little too far for these ole knees to handle each day. :rotfl: I don't mind walking believe me. But that's a L-O-N-G walk at the end of the day! :rotfl:

Today I begin my packing. I gathered up all the "Disney Only" items and have that stuff piled up in a corner of my bedroom. :thumbsup2

athenna
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
14 days from right this very minute, I'll be landing at MCO:cool1:

Ms. WDW
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM
14 days from right this very minute, I'll be landing at MCO:cool1:

Just caught your signature...I got engaged on the dock at the Poly many, many years ago; like 30! :scared1:

Have you set a date??

Have a fantastic vacation!!! :woohoo:

athenna
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Just caught your signature...I got engaged on the dock at the Poly many, many years ago; like 30! :scared1:

Have you set a date??

Have a fantastic vacation!!! :woohoo:

Awww thats, great!

Yeah, we set a date, but postponed it when the economy hit the fan and we both lost our jobs, but now we're both working again:thumbsup2, but it'll be a few years before we get caught up. But thats ok:goodvibes

kristenrice
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
We share that feeling! We've both been suffering from major burnout at work, so to get through it we just keep talking about our Disney trip and how much fun it is to be at F&W and how nice it will be to go to all the concerts and just realx!:cloud9: We'll be in a standard view 1-BR for 9 nights, so if you see 2 pale New Englanders around BW named Kelly & Charlie...that's us! :rotfl: Feel free to say hello! :goodvibes

We will also be in a standard view 1BR:banana:. This will be a "love it or hate it" vacation. Either DSiL and I will bond and get along great...or we will be ready to kill each other by day 2! We've never been particularly close, but I've decided to try to find some common ground with her. We're completely different in regards to occupations and interests, but we are exactly alike in that we are both outspoken and headstrong. I'm hoping that we will find some common ground at WDW. Either way, it should be a vacation that we both enjoy:hug:.

Cee
10-02-2011, 06:26 AM
8 more days!! I can hardly stand it!!!

Cee...if I don't get the chance later on today, let me say now have a fantastic trip!

I thought about doing the on-line check-in for the resort, but the last time I did that I had the very last room down the hall; near Jellyrolls (3001) and that's just a little too far for these ole knees to handle each day. :rotfl: I don't mind walking believe me. But that's a L-O-N-G walk at the end of the day! :rotfl:

Today I begin my packing. I gathered up all the "Disney Only" items and have that stuff piled up in a corner of my bedroom. :thumbsup2

Linda! I'm leaving for the airport in 2 hours! I will report back on Friday when I'm back! Love and pixie dust to all! :goodvibes :cloud9: :woohoo:

Ms. WDW
10-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Linda! I'm leaving for the airport in 2 hours! I will report back on Friday when I'm back! Love and pixie dust to all! :goodvibes :cloud9: :woohoo:

Have a GREAT time Cee. I'll be thinking of you all week and look forward to hearing from you when you return! BIG
hug to you my friend!! :hug:

dizney4us
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM
We will also be in a standard view 1BR:banana:. This will be a "love it or hate it" vacation. Either DSiL and I will bond and get along great...or we will be ready to kill each other by day 2! We've never been particularly close, but I've decided to try to find some common ground with her. We're completely different in regards to occupations and interests, but we are exactly alike in that we are both outspoken and headstrong. I'm hoping that we will find some common ground at WDW. Either way, it should be a vacation that we both enjoy:hug:.

Haha Kristen...I can totally relate to the DSil thing too, not close to mine at all, but I do hope that WDW will bring you some magic and that you have a wonderful time with yours! Enjoy!!:wizard:

Ms. WDW
10-03-2011, 06:59 AM

I totally relate to this!! I hope you two "bond" and and make this a great vacation!!!

Ms. WDW
10-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Well...this time next week I'll be in my "Happy Place"!! I have alot to do this week which is good; will help pass the time.:thumbsup2

CEE MY FRIEND....don't know if you'll see this while you in WDW but I'm thinking of you!!!! Have a cocktail for me and take lots of pictures!!! :yay:

LSchrow
10-04-2011, 09:06 AM
myohmy.....
i just realized i only have 5 more sleeps until i get to sit on my BWV balcony again :cloud9:
a friend is there now (i booked her at BCV with my points), and she said the weather has been beautiful and no crazy crowds.
think i'll pack today :rolleyes1

n2mm
10-04-2011, 09:11 AM
myohmy.....
i just realized i only have 5 more sleeps until i get to sit on my BWV balcony again :cloud9:
a friend is there now (i booked her at BCV with my points), and she said the weather has been beautiful and no crazy crowds.
think i'll pack today :rolleyes1

Leave the light on for me. I have 11 more sleeps...can do online checkin tomorrow if I choose....heading to the BWV too for TWO weeks!! 1 week by ourselves and the second week the family finds us again!! Yea, gotta do that packing soon!

AnnaS
10-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Getting toiletries and papers ready. Don't want to forget our park passes either like last year.

Less than two weeks here.

Ms. WDW
10-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm with Laurie; I'm packing today. And....5 more sleeps for me also and I'll be on my BWV Balcony! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Glad to hear the weather is so nice; hope it stays that way!!:goodvibes

athenna
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
10 more sleeps for me! I started to pack a bit yesterday:cool1:

kristenrice
10-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm packing now too!

Bought the liquor and a new razor today (although I am not sure how those two things are related:lmao:); laundry is in the dryer right now; haircut and pedicure are scheduled for Monday...

Between now and when I leave, I have a lot going on...

Tomorrow (Wed): DD8 has school pictures, DD6 has a field trip to the apple orchard

Thursday: Pick up niece from school at 11:15 and take her to daycare...gymnastics at 6pm

Friday: DD6 has school pictures...DD8 has a field trip...I have to work 2:30pm-4:30am...

Saturday: Sleep in until noon...work 2:30pm-4:30am again

Sunday: Sleep in until noon...spend the afternoon with the family and finish up any last-minute details

Monday: Spa appointment at 10am...PACK EVERYTHING! Before I go to bed, EVERYTHING must be packed and ready to go...

Tuesday: Up at 6am to get kids to school (DH works so he is gone by 4:45am)...go back to bed at 7:30am once the girls are on the bus...get back up by noon to get ready for work...work 2:30pm-4:30am again

Wednesday: Up by noon...check in for flight at 12:30 to secure business-class upgrade...get ready for work again at 2:30pm...scheduled to work only until 11:30pm but since nobody has offered to cover from 11:30p-4:30a, I will probably stay on until 2-2:30am.

Thursday: TIME TO GO!! I'm planning on getting up around 9am, showering and getting on my traveling clothes (running tank, yoga pants, sneakers, zip-front fleece and a hat). My mom is picking me up around 10am to head to the airport for our 12:30 flight:banana:.

Oh, I hope this time will fly!

jupers
10-05-2011, 04:36 AM
I love the schedule....That's how I roll.:rotfl::lmao:

aroundtheriverbend
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Wish our trip weren't so late in October. Reading all of these posts is making it seem like FOREVER until we leave! Have fun, everyone!

I'm completely with you, it might as well be 2012 as slow as this wait is going!:scared1:

Ms. WDW
10-08-2011, 11:50 AM
One more sleep and then I'm on my way!!!!! :dance3::dance3:I wish I could go to bed now!! LOL.... :rotfl::rotfl:

Cee...are you home??????

Cee
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
One more sleep and then I'm on my way!!!!! :dance3::dance3:I wish I could go to bed now!! LOL.... :rotfl::rotfl:

Cee...are you home??????

Linda! I just got back yesterday...OMG, it is so wonderful there. The weather was PERFECT. Low 80's/mid-60's and no humidity and it never rained once! The Boardwalk is glorious and F & W Festival is beyond outstanding. Here are my favorites for your consideration, everyone:

America: Jim Bean Red Stag Lemonade(have two, they're small;))
Ireland: Fisherman's Pie and Chocolate Lava Cake :cloud9:
Hawaii: Pork Slider w/Dole Pineapple Chutney :goodvibes
Australia: Lamb Chop :worship:
New Zealand: Lamb Slider w/Tomato Chutney(of course!)

Well, it's ALL great!

Wait times were approximately 10-30 minutes max at most attractions. Soarin' was 20-50 min. and we rode it twice with minimal wait. The new Star Tours at the Studios is AMAZING. There's just too much to tell you all! All I can say is, have a BLAST and treasure every second because it all goes by so fast. Thank goodness I have my January trip to look forward to!

Bon Voyage to everyone going next week and I'm sending my friend, Linda, a huge :hug: to take with you!

October rocks! ROCKtober! OH! I saw .38 Special and Jon Secada at the "Eat to the Beat" concerts and they were both awesome! Don't miss the concerts! Okay, that's it for now....over and out!:goodvibes

Cee
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I meant Jim BEAM(not Bean...sheesh) :rolleyes:

aroundtheriverbend
10-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I meant Jim BEAM(not Bean...sheesh) :rolleyes:

Oh, it sounds totally awesome either way! Thanks for the tips!!

:thumbsup2

dizney4us
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Linda! I just got back yesterday...OMG, it is so wonderful there. The weather was PERFECT. Low 80's/mid-60's and no humidity and it never rained once! The Boardwalk is glorious and F & W Festival is beyond outstanding. Here are my favorites for your consideration, everyone:

Well, it's ALL great!

Wait times were approximately 10-30 minutes max at most attractions. Soarin' was 20-50 min. and we rode it twice with minimal wait. The new Star Tours at the Studios is AMAZING. There's just too much to tell you all! All I can say is, have a BLAST and treasure every second because it all goes by so fast. Thank goodness I have my January trip to look forward to!

Bon Voyage to everyone going next week and I'm sending my friend, Linda, a huge :hug: to take with you!

October rocks! ROCKtober! OH! I saw .38 Special and Jon Secada at the "Eat to the Beat" concerts and they were both awesome! Don't miss the concerts! Okay, that's it for now....over and out!:goodvibes

That sounds so great...I'm so excited now! We leave Wednesday for BWV's! :cloud9: We saw .38 Special last year and they were amazing! Will miss them this year but looking forward to Billy Ocean, Startship, Sugar Ray and ELO!:yay: Hope we get weather like you Cee, that sounds just perfect!!:lovestruc Like you, we'll be heading back in January...SSR then!:woohoo:

Ms. WDW
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Well, it's ALL great!

Hi Cee!! I was thinking of you all week!! I'm so happy you had such a good time! I don't think our weather is going to be quite as nice as your's however but what the heck; it's Florida and I expect rain.

I'll definately keep all your suggestions in mind! I'm particularily interested in the Jim Beam1 :rotfl:

Well I expect some longer wait times Monday due to it being Columbus Day but after that I have a feeling it'll be clear sailing. What we really want to hit is Toy Story Mania; I still haven't been on that!! :laughing:

Well my friend....treasure your memories and start planning the January trip NOW!! :thumbsup2 DH is bringing his laptop so I'll try and do a TR daily.

See you in a week! :hug:

kristenrice
10-08-2011, 08:42 PM
After this weekend, I need a vacation more than ever!!!

On Thursday morning, I got a call from DH who was at work. He had pulled up on an accident scene on the expressway when someone plowed into the back of his cruiser:scared1:. Luckily, he had not yet removed his seatbelt and he parked far enough away so the impact did not force him into the car in front of him. He ended up at the occupational health center getting his neck and back x-rayed. Thankfully, he has no structural damage, just a lot of muscle strain and soreness.

Then, last night, I was at work when I was struck with the WORST headache I've ever had:headache:. I ended up going to the ER and getting pumped full of sleepy-night-night drugs:sick:. (It pays to be a paramedic that the nurses and doctors are familiar with) The headache finally went away (or I fell asleep...not sure which) and I got up today at noon to go back to work.

So, after all of that drama, I am ready to leave:cool2: Only 5 more sleeps!!

Tinks "SS"
10-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Wow. we are right behind you!! we are leaving on saturday to drive most of the way so we can check in early on sunday. I like to have a full day that way. :goodvibes We live in atl and it's a nice straight drive and we are done in 6-7 hours but still. i plan on hitting the grocery store sunday am also then pool time and who knows what else. i haven't really planned out as much as i usually do cause we really want to have alot of resort/relax time. it will be our first time at BCV. Pool time is important to my boys. :rotfl2: me too. i'm so ready i can't hardly stand it. so glad to hear everyone's reports and can't wait for more and for us to be there!!!

Ms. WDW
10-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Good morning!!! I'm on my way!!! in less than an hour a taxi will be arriving to take me to the Airport!! :banana::banana:

For all those following me; have a fantastic trip!! :goodvibes

i'll try and do a trip report daily; no promises now!! ;)

AnnaS
10-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Good morning!!! I'm on my way!!! in less than an hour a taxi will be arriving to take me to the Airport!! :banana::banana:

Have a great and safe trip. One week from now - this time - on a plane for us.

I am also praying we won't need two wheelchairs - dh not having a good week. :sad2:

Cee
10-09-2011, 07:54 AM

Safe travels, my friend! Have a truly magical vacation! :goodvibes

kristenrice
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

You made it!!!

Have a great trip and save some sunshine for me:flower3:.

JWG
10-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Our luggage arrived in FL today.
We arrive in FL in 4 days.
We arrive at BWV in 6 days.

WOOT!! :banana:
Gracias to the retired parent who drove down with our luggage for us.