PDA

View Full Version : Vault Disney

Kaelyn
10-17-2002, 11:50 AM
Well, my last ? about movies was answered so well, I thought I'd try another...

Anyone know if they will cntinue the Valut Disney line release? What do you think they will do next? I am looking forward to the Happiest Millionaire and Summer Magic. I think it is great to rerelease the old live-action musicals.

I'm the TDS CM, I'm supposed to know this stuff!

meowthew2
10-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Last Thursday DVDFile.com reported that The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (why not the first?), The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, The Absent-Minded Professor, Gus, and The Moon-Spinners will be released on DVD and video January 14 as the second string of Vault Disney titles.

d-r
10-17-2002, 03:24 PM
I've heard that there has been a lot of work putting together special "second disk" type material for 20K leagues under the sea, but I haven't heard an official announcement.

The four dvds in the first release were all two disc sets; this list doesn't seem like a list of two discs sets to me....

Sarangel
10-17-2002, 03:31 PM
I think we're talking apples & oranges here.

First, I believe that there will be a second set of Tinned, Limited Edition DVDs released this Christmas - I recall Mickey Mouse in Black & White and possibly a Donald Duck or Goofy set and then it gets kinda fuzzy.

Second, Disney is starting to release a variedy of "B" movies from the '50s and '60s. Old Yeller, Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna, etc have already been released. Meowthew2 has a pretty comprehensive list of the upcoming releases.

Sarangel

d-r
10-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Sarah,
Last year there were four releases on dvd under the "Vault Disney" line: old yeller, pollyana, the parent trap, and swiss family robinson. These were all two dvd sets with a lot of bonus material.

You are correct, these are a different set from the limited edition Disney Treasure series which comes in a tin. Last year's releases were Mickey Mouse in Living Color (four years or so of Mickey cartoons), Silly Symphonies, Disneyland, and Davey Crockett. This year there will be three releases: Mickey Mouse in black and white (which contains about 1/2 of the b & W Mickeys), The complete Goofy (which will contain all but three goofy shorts), and a compilation (Backstage at Disney or something like that, escaping me right now) that will include some of the Disneyland TV shows and the Relunctant Dragon. The fourth was to be Wartime, and include victory through air power (the only disney feature I don't have dadgummit) but it was postponed with the looming threat of war making it seem sort of weird.

Last year Disney "dumped" a lot of the old live action films on dvd. I'm not sure if that list is another "dumping" or if it is the list of upcoming vault disney titles. If they are the upcoming vault disney titles, then I wonder if they will get the same sort of treatment as last year's releases. I haven't seen a list of next year's vault disney titles, so I wondered if these were simply next year's live action releases. Some movies that I was expecting to see as Vault Disney releases are 20K Leagues (especially with the background work done recently), so dear to my heart, summer magic, maybe happiest millionaire. Maybe the original Apple Dumplings, not rides again. Who knows, maybe they have changed direction with the vault disney line since last year (especially with it closing on disney channel). I hope they stick to the quality releases, but I have no confidence (just as I hope they will surprise me with L&S).

DR

grinningghost
10-19-2002, 08:20 PM
I wish they would just create a Vault Disney Channel. Nothing but the good old Disney stuff. Then I wouldn't have to buy videos. Of course, since they pushed Vault Disney into the middle of the night and then dumped it altogether, it probably wouldn't ever happen.

hopskip
10-19-2002, 10:46 PM
I would love that! As it is, we have a "ToonDisney" Channel which is 24 hours of recent Disney 1/2 hour cartoons (examples-- Little Mermaid, Hercules, Duck Tales, Aladdin, etc.). A Vault Disney channel would require even less programming effort... it sure would make me happy!

Kaelyn
10-21-2002, 09:43 AM
I also would love to see a Vault Disney Channel. It would be like the channels that now show old episodes of MASH and the Honeymooners. They could set it up with regular repeats of old shows incl TMMC and WWoD and then show movies like 20K and Pollyanna and Happiest Millionaire at 8 pm or something like that. That way when all else fails on TV, you know you always have good ol' Disney to turn to!