PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the DVC mom panel invite?

mama03
09-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Received an e-mail yesterday and DVC is looking for moms for a panel for a site "Disneyworldmoms". Anyone else receive it? Or are you a panel mom?

browniemtb
09-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Yep...but I'm a dad.

rocketriter
09-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Dads are also allowed to participate.

RachaelA
09-01-2011, 08:11 AM
I got it. I figured it was sent to all DVC members.

dgaston
09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I got it too. But I applied for the first panel, and once got some Disney Mom's Club stuff, so it's harder for me to know where it originated.

Disney Princess
09-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I didn't get it, but we don't have kids. I wonder if they "know" that based on the information on our contract or our normal travel companions. Sounds like fun!

kamik86
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I didn't get it, but we don't have kids. I wonder if they "know" that based on the information on our contract or our normal travel companions. Sounds like fun!

I don't have kids either... otherwise I might apply. I still got the invite though.

ChiSoxKeith
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I got it and I'm thinking about trying as a Disney Dad.

Disney Princess
09-01-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't have kids either... otherwise I might apply. I still got the invite though.

Hmmmmmmm. There goes that theory. I wonder how they sent the invite then. I mean, I can't apply anyway, but it has my curiosity sparked. :rolleyes:

bobbiwoz
09-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I got the invite. I get something every year because I have applied in the past.

RachaelA
09-01-2011, 10:46 AM

If you read the requirements it just says Disney Vacation Club Member. It doesn't say anywhere that you have to have children.

I'll probably apply and DD won't be born until next month!

psac
09-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I would think it would be illegal to actually restrict the job only to people who have children. Maybe I should apply in the "Dad" category, even if my only child happens to be feline...

BEASLYBOO
09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I received it as well! Thinking about it.

hot_mama
09-01-2011, 11:15 AM
I got it, but think I have not really been a DVC member long enough to be on a panel. We have been to DLR and WDW several times, but only been DVC members for 1 yr. It sounds interesting though.

DebbieB
09-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I have a friend who has tried out for it in the past. They get thousands of applications for only a handful of spots. It's a multi-step process where they narrow down the field. I believe the first step is a 100 word essay.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/disney-a-mom-and-the-mouse/2011/08/2012-walt-disney-world-moms-panel-application-process-begins-sept-12

ReneeMoss
09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I got the invite - this is the first I've even heard of this. We've been DVC members for over 20 years and I could give good perspective as an older (77 yrs.) Grandmother. Maybe I'll apply???

ML_LovesDisney
09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I was going to apply but it said you had to be able to travel to Disney in December 2011 for something like 4 days and I would not be able to do that since we just got back and are going in February. I would've really liked to though! :sad1:

ftballfan7
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I would think it would be illegal to actually restrict the job only to people who have children. Maybe I should apply in the "Dad" category, even if my only child happens to be feline...

Only in America could one wonder about the legallity of requiring that someone on a "Mom's panel" actually have children. :confused3

psac
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Only in America could one wonder about the legallity of requiring that someone on a "Mom's panel" actually have children. :confused3

Well, yeah. If you've ever read the panel, most questions aren't actually about kids, it's just about Disney World in general. It's a LOT of the same questions you see here every day. The point of the panel is to have "real people" answer the questions, instead of some corporate type. Plus, a lot of the questions are subjective, like "where should I eat dinner after a day in the parks?" Again, the panel gives opinion answers on questions like that, as opposed to "facts" you could find on a page somewhere. Why would I need to have kids for that?

Mister Incredible
09-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Make sure you read the requirements and have the proper time to do this "work". They want a minimum 25 posts a week and a two year commitment. Being a blogger that is a lot of work!

maburke
09-02-2011, 04:40 AM
I got the invite, too, and was thinking about applying. But it says you have to have been to WDW in the past 12 months, and this year we used our points in DL. Seems like it shouldn't matter?

psac
09-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Anyone have any clue what type of pay range they give for this?

Friendofpluto
09-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Sounds like they are trying additional ways to incorporate DVC interest to others.

palhockeymomof2
09-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I received the same email invite

jupers
09-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I got it too. I was thinking of applying.

nolanboys
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Applied last year and will try again this year. We actually get back the day before from WDW, so maybe some pixie dust will follow me home.:goodvibes

Sammie
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Anyone have any clue what type of pay range they give for this?

no pay, volunteers.

Sammie
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, yeah. If you've ever read the panel, most questions aren't actually about kids, it's just about Disney World in general. It's a LOT of the same questions you see here every day. The point of the panel is to have "real people" answer the questions, instead of some corporate type. Plus, a lot of the questions are subjective, like "where should I eat dinner after a day in the parks?" Again, the panel gives opinion answers on questions like that, as opposed to "facts" you could find on a page somewhere. Why would I need to have kids for that?

I agree plus they seem to eliminated everyone that has older kids, that are now grown and went for Moms with young children now.

No offense to anyone on the Panel but you can get better info here on the DIS.

Carmell226
09-02-2011, 09:37 PM
The website says "Persons who are selected as panelists will receive compensation based on their contract and the product line that they represent."
I know that in 2009 when I applied and made it to the second round, they said that there was no compensation but I think that it is much more popular now and perhaps they are compensating people...going to apply again this year, even though there are THOUSANDS of applicants!

edk35
09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Add me to the list. I got it. :)
I don't think I am going to try for it though. Good luck to those that do. :)

Sammie
09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
The website says "Persons who are selected as panelists will receive compensation based on their contract and the product line that they represent."
I know that in 2009 when I applied and made it to the second round, they said that there was no compensation but I think that it is much more popular now and perhaps they are compensating people...going to apply again this year, even though there are THOUSANDS of applicants!

Thanks for the update, interesting they changed it.

lmshaggard
09-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Got the email and am definitely going to do it. What would be better than helping people plan their Disney vacations?? I wish I could plan Disney vacations all day every day!!!

maburke
09-03-2011, 07:11 AM

I would be surprised if they changed it to actually pay people; maybe "compensation" refers to free vacation -- it would be different for WDW, DL, DCL,... I think this is the first year they have people specializing in those different things.

disneydreamingdebby
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I didn't get it...I am a dvc member with kids (9 year olds)... I will be there in dec. too. I feel left out... :)

momof3poohlovers
09-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I didn't get it...I am a dvc member with kids (9 year olds)... I will be there in dec. too. I feel left out... :)

I didn't get an email either and I am a DVC member with 4 kids. I think we can still apply on the website though.

Jump4Joy8390
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
I didn't get it either...I, too, am a DVC member with 1 child. Oddly, I got an invite from runDisney (??). Never ran a marathon, just a couple of kids' races with my DD. So who knows how they're doing it? I'm ready to apply again, tho!

emlutz23
09-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I got the email but it was geared towards being a mom who runs and has experience with the RunDisney events and not as a DVC member. I've applied to the Moms Panel for a few years now and I even made it to the second round last year! :goodvibes But I've got too much going on right now that I wouldn't have the time to really commit to it if I did get chosen. Good luck to all those who apply!!! :thumbsup2