PDA

View Full Version : What Have I Done?

BLLB
08-31-2011, 08:41 AM
I just changed my upcoming vacation from Standard View at BWV to Kidani SV as requested by my family.

It was for March 31 through April 7, the week before Easter, so I am sure I made someone on the waitlist happy.

The family wanted to try a different resort. We have stayed at a Boardwalk resort since 2001. I think I need a little reassurance.

Havana
08-31-2011, 08:46 AM
It will be a wonderful change. Enjoy the animals and the atmosphere at AKL/Kidani. It is very peaceful and quiet.
Our first stay at BWV is in three weeks. Excited to try something new.

crazybones27
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
I think you'll really enjoy it :). AKV is one of our home resorts and we couldn't be happier with it! It's just so relaxing at Kidani. I think you'll be really happy.

twinklebug
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Kidani you say? Be prepared to be WOW!'d :rotfl:
The rooms are amazing and to have a Savanna View just tops it off. The animals of the seem to become a part of our family during our stays there.

The community hall is fantastic and it also has a SV The pool, slide and play area are amazing. My favorite areas though are just the quiet spots: the Library, the Hallway lined with benches down by Saana, and the Lobby :goodvibes Don't forget they have the fire and story tellign times at Kidani just as they do at Jambo.

You've made no mistake. I love BWV too - our holiday stay will be 2 nights @ BWV for fun, 7 @ Kidani for vacation :goodvibes

dzorn
08-31-2011, 08:53 AM
We love AKV.

Denise in MI

bobbiwoz
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
What sized villa?

Savannah views are awesome!

BLLB
08-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I have a feeling that it will be a little more relaxed this upcoming trip. At the BWV, it is so easy to walk over to Epcot that we end up doing that alot. At Kidani, I think, we will be able to relax a little more.

We are staying in a 1BR savannah view.

The one thing I will miss is my absolute favorite spot at WDW, the tree covered sidewalk area when coming in the International Gateway going up towards the bridge. For some reason, I find it to be just beautiful.

Golden Rose
08-31-2011, 09:58 AM
AKV is wonderful, particularly the savannah views. It feels like you're in an entirely different world when you're at the resort. As long as you're not doing a really park intensive vacation, and you take some time to relax at the resort and enjoy the views and the pool, you'll love it.

We love AKV. DS would like to stay there every trip.

bobbiwoz
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Here's hoping you find a special place to love at AKV!:thumbsup2

ChiSoxKeith
08-31-2011, 10:06 AM
You should have a blast.

Enjoy it.

wdrl
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
There are a lot of things to look forward to when staying at AKV.

The Kidani 1-bedroom villas have two bathrooms, not just one like at BWV.
The Savanna Views are great. You can add to your enjoyment by talking to some of the CM caretakers about the animals. They'll share stories about the animals and give you tips on when and where to best view the animals.
Simba's Clubhouse -- AKV's community hall -- has lots of activities to keep the kids entertained.
There is a free shuttle that runs between Kidani and Jambo during the day. Check with the valet or concierge desk for schedule. You can also use any Park bus to go from Kidani to Jambo, or the Downtown Disney bus to go from Jambo to Kidani.
Every Wednesday Saana, Kidani's table service restaurant, offers a "Lunch with an Animal Keeper."
After dark, there is a savanna viewing area at Jambo where CMs let guests use special night goggles to view the animals on the savanna.
Both Kidani and Jambo have lots of African artwork throughout their lobbies and hallways.
Lots and lots of photo opportunities.

Hope you enjoy your stay at AKV!

ppony
08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree w/ the others. :goodvibes AKV is wonderful and beautiful! Kidani's pool area is our favorite! Try not to worry so much! :thumbsup2 Now, you will at least know what it's like to stay there rather than always wonder. There's nothing wrong w/ trying new things! Especially at Disney! :cloud9:

wildernessDad
08-31-2011, 11:23 AM
You'll love Kidani!

LSchrow
08-31-2011, 11:24 AM
make sure everyone thinks of it as an adventure.
whatever you do, don't think of what the BWVs have to offer that might be missing at kidani. think only of the positives: what kidani has to offer that BWVs do not!
have a great time :)

heathers4um
08-31-2011, 11:32 AM
What HAVE you done?! :scared1:

If you ask me, you have just increased your reasons for an add on! :thumbsup2

I had the opp to stay at Kidani, Savannah view, for 4 nts but we really wanted 5 nts. I still 2nd guess that decision but we will be back! :yay:

BLLB
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I went home at lunch to tell the boys that we are officially at Kidani, they were super excited. It will be a blast I'm sure.

dianeschlicht
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
The one thing I will miss is my absolute favorite spot at WDW, the tree covered sidewalk area when coming in the International Gateway going up towards the bridge. For some reason, I find it to be just beautiful.

We never miss that view no matter where we stay. We often take the boat from DHS to Y/BC and walk from there into Int. Gateway. LOVE that area as well.

Also, remember that you will have those wonderful landscaped areas to explore over at Jambo where the animal docents from Africa are to talk about the animals and their countries.

Kidani is such a relaxing place, I think you are going to love it!

Dziactor
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
I think trying new resorts is great. I particularly would do AKV again as I hated the distance to the parks. Looking forward to my next BLT trip.

kathyell
08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I have a feeling that it will be a little more relaxed this upcoming trip. At the BWV, it is so easy to walk over to Epcot that we end up doing that alot. At Kidani, I think, we will be able to relax a little more.

We are staying in a 1BR savannah view.

Make yourself a lunch ADR at a boardwalk-area resort on a day you're planning to spend at Epcot. Then you can walk to your ADR and walk back, and you'll at least visit your favorite view while you're trying a new resort.

Either way, though, I bet you're going to have a great time. We love AKV, and I hope you enjoy it at least as much as we do. :)

DizDays
08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Plus, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo & Kidani) just got awarded AAA Four Diamond status!