PDA

View Full Version : Payment options?

HeatherLassell
08-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I called the disney phone# but the agent I got was kinda pushy so I just got off the phone. I said I was just calling for information but he seemed to be trying to get me to book. "Its only a $200 deposit. I can help you book that right now"

Anyways. Off topic. He did tell me that not only could I use a credit card to make the payments but that I could use my DEBIT CARD. I asked if you get an account number and that's how you pay and I don't really feel like I know anymore than I did before I called. Lol. That's a little frustrating.

Has anyone made payments with through their bank account?

~Heather~

corster
08-30-2011, 01:53 PM
CIBC Advantage Debit Card (the one with the VISA logo), yes... any other Canadian debit card, no.

HeatherLassell
08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Ah good to know. He just kept rushing me I think he was expecting me to book. I am with Credit Union and usually nothing works with it. Not sure I want to open a new bank account just to make payments....grrr. I don't really want to have to put money on my card, wait for it to be received, and then call Disney.

lizabu
08-30-2011, 07:29 PM
In the states they have Visa and Mastercard debit cards that can be used as credit card but link to their bank accounts too. I know people on DisBoards are convinced they don't have sales goals at Disney reservations but I seriously doubt it. They'd be like the only holtel reservations company that doesn't have sales goals.

HeatherLassell
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
In the states they have Visa and Mastercard debit cards that can be used as credit card but link to their bank accounts too. I know people on DisBoards are convinced they don't have sales goals at Disney reservations but I seriously doubt it. They'd be like the only holtel reservations company that doesn't have sales goals.

Yeah I doubt it. He was really like rushing me when I was asking him questions and twice came back to a statement like "It's really easy I can book it for you right now" or "It's just a $200 deposit I can do that for you right now" Even when I specifically stated that I was just calling to ask some questions.

I want to book soon but I'm so confused about the whole thing and it's such a big decision I don't want to get it wrong.

tone.def
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah I doubt it. He was really like rushing me when I was asking him questions and twice came back to a statement like "It's really easy I can book it for you right now" or "It's just a $200 deposit I can do that for you right now" Even when I specifically stated that I was just calling to ask some questions.

I want to book soon but I'm so confused about the whole thing and it's such a big decision I don't want to get it wrong.

They have sales quotas to meet. Too bad they don't just have a questions line. It's reservations, dining or nothing.

But back to topic - yep, credit card is pretty much the only way Canadians can go. There was a thread about someone who sent a money order and it got lost. That post alone re-affirms my Mastercard or Visa only option.

HeatherLassell
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
They have sales quotas to meet. Too bad they don't just have a questions line. It's reservations, dining or nothing.

But back to topic - yep, credit card is pretty much the only way Canadians can go. There was a thread about someone who sent a money order and it got lost. That post alone re-affirms my Mastercard or Visa only option.

Yeah I have actually got my questions answered better by clicking on the "CHAT" and talking to a Disney rep that way.

I just sent $600 to my CC which (as soon as they receive it) I will turn around and pay the deposit and finally book my trip! I'm soooooo excited!!! :cheer2:

bonjoe07
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
If you want an faster way to pay for Disney, and not have to wait for your CC payment to go through...we use a Money mart CC, its a mastercard, that cost $20 for the inital fee you could load it and have money on that instantly!
Nice to see another Manitoban on DIsboards!

fnkyyellow
08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
This time around I sent a money order to save the fees on my visa. I received an email confirmation from Disney about 10 days later advising they received my payment.

HeatherLassell
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
If you want an faster way to pay for Disney, and not have to wait for your CC payment to go through...we use a Money mart CC, its a mastercard, that cost $20 for the inital fee you could load it and have money on that instantly!
Nice to see another Manitoban on DIsboards!

Thanks for the info! :). I will probably just do it this way because then I'm building my credit score by using and immediately paying off my cc each time! :)

It is cool to meet another MB'er! First one I met offered to get my kids park maps when she goes in Spring! :). So cool!