PDA

View Full Version : OT - Gift for DFIL's 70th Birthday

two*little*birds
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
DFIL's 70th birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get him.

He has everything he could possibly want, and the family is taking him out for dinner.

He has done so much for us over the years and we would like to get him something.

The only thing I can think of is naming a star after him.

Any other suggestions? :confused:

Mickey1Fan
08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
My Dad turns 80 in a couple of weeks and all he wants is a card from each of us.

I understand wanting to get or do something but I've come to realize all that matters is time together for my Dad. If I named a star for him he would think I had lost my mind - LOL - although it is a really nice idea.

So a card and dinner is it.

ferris198
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
When my FIL turned 75 we got stamps printed with his picture on it, not sure if Canada Post still does it or not but he loved it as he was a stamp collector.

ferris198
08-30-2011, 02:36 PM
My Dad turns 80 in a couple of weeks and all he wants is a card from each of us.

I understand wanting to get or do something but I've come to realize all that matters is time together for my Dad. If I named a star for him he would think I had lost my mind - LOL - although it is a really nice idea.

So a card and dinner is it.

You should contact your local MP they can get certificates from the Prime Minister and the Queen that my FIL loved.

two*little*birds
08-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the recommendations so far... keep them coming!

Mickey1Fan
08-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I have a scroll from the Mayor of Toronto, a certificate from the Prime Minister and the Premier of Ontario.

For a certificate from the Queen the age is 100 and Governor General is 90.

I also sent a letter and asked for something from Mickey and Lightning McQueen:rotfl:

Oh - a friend of mine bought 70 dollar store items for her aunt when she turned 70 :confused3

ferris198
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I have a scroll from the Mayor of Toronto, a certificate from the Prime Minister and the Premier of Ontario.

For a certificate from the Queen the age is 100 and Governor General is 90.

I also sent a letter and asked for something from Mickey and Lightning McQueen:rotfl:

Oh - a friend of mine bought 70 dollar store items for her aunt when she turned 70 :confused3

You are on the ball !
We did the dollar store thing when a friend turned 40.

Disney_Mama
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
My DFL just had his 75th and same thing. Wants nothing and needs nothing. So DH and I went to the LCBO and bought him beer from all around the world. DH and DFL sat for hours sharing beer and good conversation. Best birthday memory for him.

two*little*birds
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
My DFL just had his 75th and same thing. Wants nothing and needs nothing. So DH and I went to the LCBO and bought him beer from all around the world. DH and DFL sat for hours sharing beer and good conversation. Best birthday memory for him.

DING*DING*DING, I think we have a winner! That's an excellent idea! :thumbsup2

I also just bought him a Timeline DVD which is a series of DVDs that take the viewer on a trip back in time to profile one year from the middle of the 20th century using original newsreels, video chapters that focus on trends, events, and personalities, audio chapters featuring the top hits of the year and radio newscasts as well as transcripts of variety and musical shows. So I purchased the 1941 edition. popcorn::

Disney_Mama
09-02-2011, 03:40 PM
:yay:yay me:yay: