PDA

View Full Version : Just back from a quick trip to SSR!

dizzneebabe
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
The three of us (DH, DD (7) and myself) along with another family took a 4 day trip to SSR from Aug 16-20th and met up with mutual friends, staying at BWV!
Let me just say the studio at SSR was the most immaculate DVC unit we have stayed in to date! :cheer2:I could even smell the bleach in the bathroom (not overpowering, just CLEAN)! Ironically, my friend at BWV had mold in her shower that she easily removed with her finger :eek: which means no one has wiped down the walls in some time. :sad1:

Having stayed at SSR now 3x (once on developer points for 9 days, in May with just DH and this time), it is quickly growing on me. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms have been very clean and our room was ready at 1:30 when we arrived! :yay:

I'm afraid I'm going to be spoiled for our upcoming BLT trip over Thanksgiving. Our stay there last DEC was awesome, but the mousekeeping was a lot to be desired (dirty sheets, stopped up sink, etc). I'm hoping things have improved some, b/c we love staying that close to MK at Christmas time!

As far as this trip is concerned, it was HOT, HOT, HOLY HOT! LOL! Not that I didn't expect that--we've traveled in the summer many times. We had a blast!

One of my favorite moments from this trip was our DD trying the Beverly for the first time! The video is awesome!

http://www.comshark.com/Comshark.com/Vacations/Pages/Disney_082011.html#2
It might take a minute to load...

bobbiwoz
08-29-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm glad you had such a great stay!

Fatalbie
08-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Glead you enjoyed SSR, we love it there. I am really looking forward to our trip in Sept when we get to try BLT.

Jim

scaughron
08-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Good to hear. The wife and I will be staying in a studio at SSR after the member cruise in September.

moredisneyplease
08-30-2011, 08:33 AM
glad to hear you had a such a great trip!!!