PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from BLT! :)

JESW
08-28-2011, 02:41 PM
We are now in the "bonus" part of our vacation as we were supposed to head back to Boston today but our flight got cancelled and the one we made for tomorrow also got cancelled and the next flight out we could get is Thursday!

We were at Saratoga for 6 nights and then over to BLT Bay Lake view for 2 nights. When we learned about our cancelled flights we had to scramble and work with the front desk and MS and they were able to get us 4 nights still here at BLT with a Magic Kingdom view. It is AMAZING!! I am sitting on the balcony now looking right at Space Mountain, the castle, etc. I can hear the train whistle and here comes turquoise monorail! I am BEYOND excited about being here!! We NEVER thought we would be able to get this view.

The last couple of days have been very stressful trying to find a way home and accommodations for the extra nights. We have been worried about our home but I am friends on FB with several of our neighbors and they have been
keeping us posted on things as several trees are down. Our DD will miss the first 3 days of 7th grade so she is a bit stressed out about that and I'll have to call the school. Dh will miss 4 more days of work. Good thing we have AP's and we had points to use!

Stay safe to all who are still being affected by Irene!!

Jill

Disneymagic09
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I know you guys are so happy that MS worked with you, and you were able to find an extra room for a couple of nights. That just means more magic! Our prayers are going out to those who have been and are being affected by Irene. Hopefully, your vacation will end, and you will be safe at home without any damage. In the mean time, enjoy your few extra days of magic.

disprincessatheart
08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
That sounds way better than sitting home without power! Enjoy your bonus trip!

alice99
08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
WoW! I am jealous!

Sometimes those unexpected BONUS vacations are the best ones!

I have taken 3 trips to Disney with 1 day notice, they always end up being the most memorable.

Enjoy!! :banana:

DVC_Dreamer
08-28-2011, 03:17 PM
When were there a couple of weeks ago, I wondered what would happen if we got stranded. Nice to know MS hooked you up.
Enjoy. The world here is a bit wet but can wait for you.

bobbiwoz
08-28-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm so happy that you were able to be accomodated and so well!!! Enjoy the bonus!:goodvibes

dbs1228
08-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Bummer for you :)! I wish I was sitting on a balcony at BLT.

Not a lot of damage at our home in CT but many of my friends and family our without power in the surrounding towns.

We usually end of getting "bonus" days at the beginning of of vacation since we go in Feb. and if there is a big storm predicted we fly the coupe early! Better getting stuck in wdw vs. at home! lol Enjoy and I am sure do to the circumstance the school will understand! Many schools/colleges around hear have actually postponed the 1st day of school.

melk
08-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi stranger!;)

How cool is it that you're 'stuck' in WDW?!?!

We just took a ride through our town, lots of branches down, few big trees, but the worst is past now.

We were at BLT in February, lake view though. Enjoy your MK view...I could hear it when you said you could hear the train whistle. Enjoy!!!!

Arthur27
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Pics of your km view or it didn't happen... :thumbsup2

Cyndibear
08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
How nice for you!! Enjoy the extra time there and keep our room warm for us, we will be arriving Thursday and looking forward to that MK view!!!

Cyndi