PDA

View Full Version : What are the possible options--4 day Nassau/CC

mecheermom
08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
All...

Given there is uncertainty in when CC will reopen for cruises, what has DCL done in the past to accommodate for this?

We cruise on Sept 4 for a 4 day cruise. What is the history of DCL completely changing ports of call? I really do not want to have 2 days in Nassau...or an extra sea day.

Fingers crossed this won't be an issue and CC will be operational by the time we are scheduled to arrive...but I am trying to find out what other possibilities will be.

Cheers...

ragdoll
08-28-2011, 09:11 AM
For the shorter cruises I don't think there are any other options besides Nassau, CC or sea days.:confused3 The Dream is too big for Key West. Anyone else?

DynamicDisneyDuo
08-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Yup, Nassau x2 or Sea Day x2 are the only options.

sambycat
08-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Yup, Nassau x2 or Sea Day x2 are the only options.

agreed

RweTHEREyet
08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
I would much rather have a day at sea than 2 days in Nassau.

Zandy595
08-28-2011, 11:57 AM
There may be a small advantage to 2 days in Nassau over 2 days at sea. At least some people will get off the ship and maybe it wouldn't be quite so crowded on the Aquaduck and in the pools. Just a thought.

RweTHEREyet
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
There may be a small advantage to 2 days in Nassau over 2 days at sea. At least some people will get off the ship and maybe it wouldn't be quite so crowded on the Aquaduck and in the pools. Just a thought.

I am not sure about that. From what I have read it seems a lot of people stay on board in Nassau with just one stop, with two, I bet even more would stay on board. I personally would rather have the motion of the ship moving and the ocean breezes, than to be sitting in a hot, sticky port, but that is just me.

iloveokw
09-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Unfortnately because of sea conditions the ships cannot dock at CC sometimes....we've had that happen twice.....it is out of their control.

SuperRob
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I thought Castaway Cay was already open again? The last sailing stopped there.