PDA

View Full Version : quick AKV/BWV report

mtquinn
08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Just came back (beat Irene home to Philly, thank goodness!) and I have a very short trip report. First, AKV...

We are a family of four and we stayed at a studio with a Savannah View for the first three nights of our trip. Jambo House, 5th floor. It was a very nice room. Clean, nice furniture, good flat screen tv, cute kitchenette, etc. SV was really nice, though not very many animals when we looked early in the morning. Ate at Boma for dinner, very yummy. Bus service was good, though it takes a while to get to MK, of course. All in all, a good value for the points.

Now to BWV, 1br villa for the last two nights. WOW! What an upgrade. The room was FABULOUS. Lots of space, not a speck of dirt anywhere, kitchen had full-sized appliances, everything was modern but tasteful. Two great flat screens, DD's LOVED the jacuzzi tub, and I really loved that there were TWO bathroom areas. Both were big. One had the tub, sink and large vanity next to a huge closet, the other had the stall shower, toilet and another large sink with a shelf for toiletries.

The BW pool was festive, but great for kids. AKl pool was nice and quiet, which I didn't mind, either. Took the boat to DHS and home from Epcot, and that was really nice. The BW is a terrific location. We sat on the boards and watched Illuminations at night, though some lower fireworks were not visible.

All in all, we loved both villas. I am sure a one bedroom at AKV is just as nice as BWV. I do like the location of BWV better, though. We are more Epcot people for repeat visits.

LOVE MY DVC membership!!

bobbiwoz
08-27-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm glad you made it home safely!

Your trip sounds wonderful! Going from the studio to the 1 bedroom was the right way to do it! I'm glad the villas were up to good standards!:thumbsup2

SassyLassy
08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Nice recap! We are looking to buy our first contract and it really comes down to deciding between AKV and BWV........choices, choices... :confused3 lol

So glad to hear that you and your family had a magical time!!

SmilingGrump
08-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Good to hear you had a great experience! We're debating between AKV or BWV for our first DVC visit and your report doesn't make the choice any easier :laughing: