PDA

View Full Version : Just booked beach club!

disprincessatheart
08-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm really excited - just booked our first stay at the beach club for the last week of January! Originally we were going to the grand Californian this fall, but a job change for dh meant that was out. Then we tried to book the second week of October, just last week, and couldn't get anything. So we finally decided on January and since we wanted the end of the month, just about everything was available ( at least in studios) so then we had to decide the best place to stay. We own at Blt and have stayed there twice. We also stayed at SSR twice on developer points when we bought in. Last fall we stayed at bwv and we really enjoyed the location, so we decided to try for beach club for something new. (we want to stay at every Wdw hotel and then work on our big plan to visit all the parks world wide in our lifetime!)

I'm looking forward to having a real counter service place on site and keeping my fingers crossed that we can spend a little time at storm along bay at some point in our trip. We'll be hitting beaches and cream again for sure. So what else should I know about beach club? Is the character meal good food? What characters are there? We will have our ds who will be just 2 on the trip and so far he loves characters (we were there in April and June).

MinnieVanMom
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
You will love BCV and the wonderful pool. The location is the best with easy access to Epcot and nice walk down to DHS.

The sand bottom pool feels great on tired achy feet after a long day in the park. It also had a lazy river that is fun to float along.

There really isn't counter service like they have at a mod or value but just a store with some things, and by the pool a Hurricane hanna's a quick service place.

BUDDYBEAR
08-27-2011, 05:12 PM
WE LOVE THE BEACH CLUB AND ALWAYS CHECK THERE FIRST :cool1:

adminjedi
08-27-2011, 07:23 PM
We love BCV, too! In fact, we will be there in Feb before and after our cruise. You will enjoy the location.
Depending on the weather, the pool may not be a factor.

DizDays
08-28-2011, 01:26 AM
We were just at Beach Club in May (first time in the villas via DVC, three times prior at the resort) and enjoyed every moment. When we came home, we bought some BCV points to make sure we can get back in again!

Beaches and Cream is a must. One of my all time favorites. You should also try Cape May's. I love that place. The food variety is very good.

Have a great time on your trip.

disneyfreak2127
08-28-2011, 07:38 AM
What we love most about being owners at BCV is the relaxed atmosphere and convenience of a variety of activities. Spring Break of 2010 we stayed at VWL due to a late decision on our part to go to WDW and while we enjoyed ourselves it wasn't "home". We LOVE Beaches & Cream and I dream of a No Way Jose sundae often. We also enjoyed the character breakfast with Minnie, Pluto and a few others. The convenience of having that meal right downstairs is great and the selection is quite nice. My kids also love the Clam Bake. That is where they discovered mussels.

I hope you will have some nice weather to visit SAB. Raulf is great with the kids activities! Nothing beats the sand bottom pool. It just has a totally different atmosphere than a regular pool.

Have fun & take a surrey ride for us!:thumbsup2

robhawk
08-28-2011, 09:05 AM
We love the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe! It is alot more relaxing than some others. The characters spend lots of time at your table.
In the Marketplace they have great salads and sandwiches!
Have a great time!

Rob

DisneyBride'03
08-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Have a great time!!! We stayed in a studio back in 09 when I took my DD's...we are looking forward to next month...a much needed family vacation..and I am so grateful we got a 1 bdr at the 7 mth mark for F & W....!

I have done Cape May breakfast twice...love it!!! Couldnt get in this trip though! We took DD at 14 mths and have the best photos.....Mickey Minnie Chip and Dale Goofy are there...I think...lol..Have to go back and look at photos..maybe NOT Mickey, but they always say subject to change!!

have a great time!