PDA

View Full Version : at bwv now, best 1br in this category?

mjc2003
08-27-2011, 10:21 AM
I will give more details when we get home, but we have a pool/garden 1br and after complaining about our first room for reasons I will explain later, we ended up in 2094. Off the lobby at the end of the hall, last room overlooking the pool. Quick hop down the stairs, is the path to the pool, about a 10 second walk. From that samr exit our walk to DHS took exactly 10:10....yes, I timed it. I am sure others have their preference, but we would take this room every time (BW view aside). No elevator waiting! Also love being the last room, we have an extra window overlooking the waterway and it makes the room feel bigger.
I would add that I'm quite sure we are the only Americans at WDW! Not that it matters, but it is a bit odd. I will give more details when we return next week, as i plan to do a full TR, but just wanted to mention the great room location.

bobbiwoz
08-27-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm glad you're happy and I'm glad you got out of NJ before the storm! Have a great vacation!

Checkers
08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds like a great room. Looking forward to hearing all about you vacation and hope that you NJ home is safe and sound! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

disneyobessed
08-27-2011, 10:04 PM
We were there a few weeks ago and I think we were out numbered by immigrants as well..lol

mrsswat
08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
we were there 8/12 - 8/19 and commented almost daily about the same thing:confused3 We go the same time in August every year, give or take a week in either direction, and don't ever remember it being that way. One day in particular at a quiet pool at OKW was VERY annoying. Several young adults seemed to feel they entire pool was for them, running swimming races the entire length of the pool from the time we got there around 10:30 am till after lunch. Yes, there were other people trying to use the pool. After they returned from lunch, there were a few additional families now using the pool with very small children, some infants. The racers tried to continue with the races, when one dad quietly reminded them that the pool was for the use of ALL guests, and would they be so kind as to allow ALL guests to use the pool. He was very polite but direct. The racers proceeded to hop their balcony railing (this is how they got to and from the pool many times), and return with not one, but TWO blow up lounger floats, and not one but TWO huge volley balls. At that point DH and I were ready to leave anyway, but I have a feeling that something was going to happen as now there were several dads getting annoyed at the antics. When we left the young adults were jumping into the pool onto the loungers right in front of the dads with the infants, while the volleyball game was taking up most of the remaining area of the pool.:confused3

2binak
08-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Off the lobby at the end of the hall, last room overlooking the pool.

Quiet or main pool?

dianeschlicht
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
we were there 8/12 - 8/19 and commented almost daily about the same thing:confused3 We go the same time in August every year, give or take a week in either direction, and don't ever remember it being that way. One day in particular at a quiet pool at OKW was VERY annoying. Several young adults seemed to feel they entire pool was for them, running swimming races the entire length of the pool from the time we got there around 10:30 am till after lunch. Yes, there were other people trying to use the pool. After they returned from lunch, there were a few additional families now using the pool with very small children, some infants. The racers tried to continue with the races, when one dad quietly reminded them that the pool was for the use of ALL guests, and would they be so kind as to allow ALL guests to use the pool. He was very polite but direct. The racers proceeded to hop their balcony railing (this is how they got to and from the pool many times), and return with not one, but TWO blow up lounger floats, and not one but TWO huge volley balls. At that point DH and I were ready to leave anyway, but I have a feeling that something was going to happen as now there were several dads getting annoyed at the antics. When we left the young adults were jumping into the pool onto the loungers right in front of the dads with the infants, while the volleyball game was taking up most of the remaining area of the pool.:confused3

It sounds like you were near one of the neighborhood pools. I guess I would have called security, because obviously this was an unsafe situation. NO WAY should you as a guest try to police the situation yourself. Get someone in authority to back it up.

Brian Noble
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
I would add that I'm quite sure we are the only Americans at WDW!
If your money is green (or you are willing to convert from your currency into ours), Disney is happy to have you. And, with the dollar cratering against most other currencies, now is a really good time for folks who live elsewhere to visit the States. Of course, the flip side is that it is not such a good time for us to travel abroad.

mrsswat
08-31-2011, 07:53 AM
DH and I were leaving anyway, but I hope the families that stayed behind called security if the "routine" continued. Yes, we were at Miller Rd quiet pool.

Nanajo1
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
DH and I were leaving anyway, but I hope the families that stayed behind called security if the "routine" continued. Yes, we were at Miller Rd quiet pool.

If your money is green (or you are willing to convert from your currency into ours), Disney is happy to have you. And, with the dollar cratering against most other currencies, now is a really good time for folks who live elsewhere to visit the States. Of course, the flip side is that it is not such a good time for us to travel abroad.

Whether it is US currency or converted to greenbacks everyone who spends money at WDW deserves respect. The Ugly American is not the only one who needs to learn manners. I hope I would have the courage to call security. I'm afraid I would probably just leave to avoid a confrontation.:sad1:

Brian Noble
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
It wasn't a comment on anyone's manners, just an explanation for why foreign travel to WDW may be stronger than it has been in past years---effectively, WDW is "on sale" because it's denominated in dollars, and dollars aren't what they used to be.

In fact, I just got back from an Alaska cruise on the Wonder, and we spent several days prior exploring Vancouver. I've lived in a "border town" most of my life (i.e. can pick up CBC broadcasts over the air), and historically, the Canadian dollar was worth well less than $1 US for years and years and years. I just went over my credit card receipts---I have a card that gives me bank-rate conversions with no conversion fee for foreign currency charges---and they ranged from 1.02 to 1.05 USD per CAD.