PDA

View Full Version : Got BWV - boardwalk view today! Advice. . .

Kidanifan08
08-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I called this AM to see if a BWV 1BR was available for 3/9/12 - 3/14/12. When the CM looked it up, we could have had standard view, garden view or boardwalk view! We have always wanted a boardwalk view, so we took it! :banana: We originally had a 2BR at BCV, but some of our guests backed out, so we decided to try for a BWV-boardwalk view.

My main question is, are there any requests that we should make with regards to the boardwalk view rooms. Any areas that we should try to avoid? Can you see parts of Illuminations from all of the boardwalk view rooms? We will have our DS5, but I am not too worried about the outside noise, since he usually crashes quite easily at the end of a day at the World! So do we. . .:rotfl2:

DebbieB
08-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I called this AM to see if a BWV 1BR was available for 3/9/12 - 3/14/12. When the CM looked it up, we could have had standard view, garden view or boardwalk view! We have always wanted a boardwalk view, so we took it! :banana: We originally had a 2BR at BCV, but some of our guests backed out, so we decided to try for a BWV-boardwalk view.

My main question is, are there any requests that we should make with regards to the boardwalk view rooms. Any areas that we should try to avoid? Can you see parts of Illuminations from all of the boardwalk view rooms? We will have our DS5, but I am not too worried about the outside noise, since he usually crashes quite easily at the end of a day at the World! So do we. . .:rotfl2:

I always request top floor. You get a better view and it's more quiet. I usually end up with 3 or 4, only got 5 once. My biggest fear is getting one of the rooms right on the boardwalk level next to Jellyrolls.

GoofItUp
08-27-2011, 07:50 AM
We stayed at BWV last summer. When we first got there we went out on the balcony and the first thing I heard was the boat's horn as it was coming or leaving the dock. I thought that was going to be really annoying really fast. I was surprised, though, that when we shut the doors and curtains, I never once heard it.

We will be at BWV 3/7-14 with some family. We'll wave if we see ya in the hallways!

LSchrow
08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
BW view is amazing :cloud9: we've actually rescheduled trips when it was unavailable for our dates.
are you in a 1 bdrm or studio?
if you will need to use the elevators, request near the elevators. there are multiple stair wells throughout the resort, which are great for quick exits and entries that will most likely lead right near you room (you will need your key to enter late at night - 9pm-ish).
upper floor are best for viewing illuminations, however the lobby level rooms which are on the floor above the stores and BRG - the resort is on a hill, have huuuuuuuuuuge balconies, and are an easy trek up the stairs. i don't believe the lobby level villas by JR's have the same large balconies (and are a bit of a walk to the elevators).
for your first visit, i would recommend requesting top or upper floor, near elevators - in order of preference. btw, we have never had a problem with noise once the balcony doors were shut.
have a wonderful time!

Kidanifan08
08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
. . . upper floor are best for viewing illuminations, however the first floor rooms which are on the floor above the stores and BRG - the resort is on a hill, have huuuuuuuuuuge balconies, . . . for your first visit, i would recommend requesting top or upper floor, near elevators - in order of preference. btw, we have never had a problem with noise once the balcony doors were shut.
have a wonderful time!

Good to hear that the noise should not be a problem. We have a 1 bedroom. The huuuuuuge balconies on the lower floors sure sound appealing. We have a 5 yo who loves fireworks, so I guess we will try for an upper floor. Being close to an elevator is not a big issue for us, although we may still have a stroller, so maybe we will consider it.

Thanks for your recommendations!!:thanks: And thanks to all of you for sharing your expert advice!!:worship:

BUDDYBEAR
08-27-2011, 05:10 PM
WE LIKE THE TOP FLOOR :cool1:

DebbieB
08-27-2011, 05:20 PM
BW view is amazing :cloud9: we've actually rescheduled trips when it was unavailable for our dates.
are you in a 1 bdrm or studio?
if you will need to use the elevators, request near the elevators. there are multiple stair wells throughout the resort, which are great for quick exits and entries that will most likely lead right near you room (you will need your key to enter late at night - 9pm-ish).
upper floor are best for viewing illuminations, however the first floor rooms which are on the floor above the stores and BRG - the resort is on a hill, have huuuuuuuuuuge balconies, and are an easy trek up the stairs. i don't believe the 1st floor rooms by JR's have the same large balconies (and are a bit of a walk to the elevators). for your first visit, i would recommend requesting top or upper floor, near elevators - in order of preference. btw, we have never had a problem with noise once the balcony doors were shut.
have a wonderful time!

On the boardwalk side, the rooms directly above the stores and Big River Grill are 2nd floor. The only first floor rooms on the boardwalk side are between Jellyrolls & Big River and are right on the boadwalk level. There are some bushes between the patio & the boardwalk itself. When you enter Boardwalk on the boardwalk side, you have to go up one floor for the lobby. If you enter from the driveway side, the lobby is on the entrance level.

gojoe
08-28-2011, 02:04 PM
We had the room on the First Floor next to Jelly Rolls. About the fifth morning one of our girls thought she heard music the night before. She said everyone wasn't sleeping and she was on her computer. We never heard loud people leaving Jelly Rolls either (I'm sure it happens). We kind of like the Friendship launches horns (well I know I do). We also love to sit on our balcony and watch all the people go by. After a long day it's nice to sit with your feet up on your balcony and watch Illuminations. A nice cup of coffee or ice cold drink is just icing on the cake. 40 days 14 hours till our next trip home and 306 days 14 hours until all of us home again with our Boardwalk view. Enjoy

Anal Annie
08-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Glad I saw this thread - wouldn't have thought to request top floor!! Our 7 month window opens tomorrow for the spring break trip we have planned for the end of March next year. We've already booked SSR as our back-up but we like to resort hop & try a different resort each trip so I am calling tomorrow at 9:00 to see what else is available. So far we have yet to try BWV and BLT so either of those will work for us. I was just calculating the point differences between those 2 resorts and our SSR ressie & was wondering if the preferred view at BWV is really worth an additional 26 points (for 6 n in a studio)?! We're usually pretty thrifty with our points & that seems like a big difference. Of course BLT std. view would run the same as preferred view if it was available.:eek: I think either of these resorts would be especially handy during a busy time like spring break...but it's hard to part with the extra points in the premier season. What do the std. view rooms at BWV look at?? Is it parking lot views?? Seems like I've read the Std. views are hard to get there. :confused3

DebbieB
08-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Standard views look at the front driveway and pond/valet parking lot. They can be hard to get, BWV owners tend to snap them up for the lower points.

I did get a boardwalk view 1 bedroom for late April last week (8 months). Spring months are easier to get than fall.

Sandisw
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM
We just got back from BWV and had one of the 2nd floor BW view rooms about the shops. We did not find them loud at all and enjoyed being so close to the Boardwalk to "people watch".

My guests liked it so much that one of them is looking into buying BWV--resale, of course!

msvlg
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Are any of the 2 bedroom villas. boardwalk view. near the elevators or lobby or are the2 bedroom villas further down? Which would be the better view?If you book boardwalk view is there a chance that you could get an obstructed or partial view of the boardwalk? Thanks!

Kidanifan08
08-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Standard views look at the front driveway and pond/valet parking lot. They can be hard to get, BWV owners tend to snap them up for the lower points.

I did get a boardwalk view 1 bedroom for late April last week (8 months). Spring months are easier to get than fall.

When I called on Friday, I was surprised that standard view was available for 3/9 - 3/14, especially since I was 17 days past the 7 month mark. I could not resist staying in a BW view room :thumbsup2. Maybe March 9 - 14 is far enough in advance of most Spring Breaks that we were lucky to have those options. This experience will probably push me over the edge to do a small BWV add-on :woohoo: !!

delaneyc52
08-29-2011, 09:04 PM
I always request and usually get (which is very unusual) 4001...BUT it's a long walk to the room since it's on Crest O' Wave next to Jellyrolls. We just love the view from there. Can't beat it. 5001 does not have a cover over the patio...3001 is cool too...but below that is too close to the Boardwalk. Enjoy...hope you have a great time...we just love BWV.

DebbieB
08-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Are any of the 2 bedroom villas. boardwalk view. near the elevators or lobby or are the2 bedroom villas further down? Which would be the better view?If you book boardwalk view is there a chance that you could get an obstructed or partial view of the boardwalk? Thanks!

Most of the 2 bedrooms are farther down the hall. I had a 1 bedroom one time that was actually over the corner of the village green. It was not obstructed but was not directly over the boardwalk. It was a dedicated, so it could not be made into a 2 bedroom. I did have a 1 bedroom once over the store, I can't remember if it was a lockoff. The rest of the times I've had studios or 1 bedrooms over the restaurant or in Crest O the Wave. Most of the boardwalk view rooms closer to the elevator are grand villas or handicapped.

crisi
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I've had two bedrooms near the elevator. The one right over the Screen Door is a two bedroom.

DebbieB
08-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I looked back at my pictures, the 1 bedroom I had over the store was 4041, so if it was a lockoff, it could be a 2 bedroom.

LSchrow
08-30-2011, 07:20 AM
On the boardwalk side, the rooms directly above the stores and Big River Grill are 2nd floor. The only first floor rooms on the boardwalk side are between Jellyrolls & Big River and are right on the boadwalk level. There are some bushes between the patio & the boardwalk itself. When you enter Boardwalk on the boardwalk side, you have to go up one floor for the lobby. If you enter from the driveway side, the lobby is on the entrance level.

Thank you for catching that, debbie - I edited my original post:)
Our cable (internet, phone, TV) is still out from Irene's visit, and I'm reduced to posting from my BBerry. Often I get kicked off after wriTing a few lines so it's a race also.
We're one of the lucky ones tho - we have power while much of our area is still without electricity.
Ty again - hope I didn't cause any confusion:guilty:

msvlg
08-30-2011, 07:55 PM
I looked back at my pictures, the 1 bedroom I had over the store was 4041, so if it was a lockoff, it could be a 2 bedroom.

Thanks! Do you have any pics?