PDA

View Full Version : Flying SW for the first time next week--have a couple of ?'s

chuckml
08-25-2011, 10:47 AM
We are flying SW for the first time next Friday out of BWI. We have purchased EB check in. How does the express bag drop kiosk work?
Do we still have to check in in person, or can I just go to the express bag drop and go from there? Or, would it just be easier at BWI to use curbside and avoid everything inside?
Also, once SW checks us in automatically, we don't have to go to the ticket desk do we?
Thanks for any help, it's our first time on SW and just want to make sure we get it right. We are flying out at 730 am if that makes any difference.

disneyfaninaz
08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't know about express check in. We use EBCI and we just go to the check in counters to check our luggage and print our boarding passes.

lost*in*cyberspace
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Also, once SW check us in automatically, we don't have to go to the ticket desk do we?

No, unless you have to check a bag and you don't use curbside check-in or the kiosks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-rapid-rewards/1215565-heated-exchange-about-check-kiosks-bwi-today.html

amj
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I fly out of Oakland, CA...I use the curb side luggage drop off. The day before my flight I go online to Southwest and print out my booking passes which saves some time and you can check out your boarding number.

lost*in*cyberspace
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I fly out of Oakland, CA...I use the curb side luggage drop off. The day before my flight I go online to Southwest and print out my booking passes which saves some time and you can check out your boarding number.

OP stated he/she has already paid for EBCI.

chuckml
08-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks all!

disneyfaninaz
08-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Even with EBCI you can go on the day before and print your boarding pass. It just doesn't have to be at the 24 hour mark.

kaytieeldr
08-25-2011, 03:48 PM
But he's still going to need printed boarding passes, and despite having EBCI, passengers don't learn their boarding position until, well, they at least see the boarding pass.