PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Storm

tone.def
08-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Times I have seen the CN Tower hit by lightning before 1 hour ago = 2. Times I have seen the CN Tower hit by lightning now = 26 & counting!!!

Hope everyone is safe where you are!

disneydreamgirl
08-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Times I have seen the CN Tower hit by lightning before 1 hour ago = 2. Times I have seen the CN Tower hit by lightning now = 26 & counting!!!

Hope everyone is safe where you are!

Wow! That must have been cool and scary all at the same time! We're in Niagara...it was a nasty storm, but we seem to have been spared the worst of it. Hope the rest of the tornado watch area was also. :goodvibes

Tower
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Lots of lightning and thunder Mississauga way, but could tell no real damage from my window. (home office, don't get out much)
DW and DK's out camping north of Napanee with her dad. Hope they're ok. Don't have cell coverage where they are, but expected home today.
Was home last night with DS4. He went to sleep around 8:15, but wanted to sleep in the basement. Good thing as it was much quieter than his 2nd floor bedroom. He slept through the night!:banana:

DisneyFreak06
08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
It was crazy! We were flying home from Spain and were stuck in the airport for an extra 3 hours. We got picked up at our hotel on Wednesday morning at 3am (which would have been 9pm in Toronto, Tuesday night) so we'd been up a long time. We landed in Charlottetown at 3am, so we'd been between the hotel and home for about 29 hours. We were tired. But the storm was pretty cool. It was so close to the airport that the door nearby kept opening when their was a bright flash. Once or twice the rumble of thunder shook our seats. Hope everyone was safe and inside; I know the airport wasn't allowing anyone outside for a long time.