PDA

View Full Version : DVC Characters Poll (instead of Dee Vee Cee)?

Tigger031266
08-23-2011, 04:17 PM
What should be the new DVC Character(s) (instead of Dee Vee Cee)?

Greysword
08-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Mary Poppins would be AWESOME!! Nothing but wholesome family values oozing from that gal...plus I hear Bert is a gentleman ;)

mdsd8700
08-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Well my first thought was the Incredible Family. Mom, Dad, a teen, a tween and a baby. They sound like a perfect DVC fit!

I like Mary Poppins as well.

Lynne M
08-24-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't think we even need to pick a single character to represent all of DVC. Each resort could have its own 'host'.....Lilo & Stitch for Aulani.....hmmm...for some reason I think of VWL when I think of Chip & Dale.....Mickey and Minnie for BLT?

Mary Poppins & Bert for GF?

SmilingGrump
08-24-2011, 12:41 AM
I don't think we even need to pick a single character to represent all of DVC. Each resort could have its own 'host'.....Lilo & Stitch for Aulani.....hmmm...for some reason I think of VWL when I think of Chip & Dale.....Mickey and Minnie for BLT?

Mary Poppins & Bert for GF?

Tigger for AKV!

burnsoc
08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
I'd go with Donald. They could do a short film where he's checking in to a DVC resort. Then he can throw a fit as only Donald can do, when he doesn't get all his requests met. Let him yell at the CM that he's spent tens of thousands of dollars and should get special treatment.;) *

* Story line based on the actions of a fellow DVC member I witnessed at VWL.

dianeschlicht
08-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Before this DeeVeeCee hoopla, we always had all the main characters of Minnie, Mickey and Pluto on our DVC info etc. I say they should go back to those oldies but goodies. After all, without those guys, there would be no WDW, much less DVC.

dianeschlicht
08-24-2011, 06:33 AM
FYI, I have always felt that each resort had it's special "character". For example; when we first purchased, OKW was all the Winnie the Pooh characters. I've always associated Mary Poppins with GF.

dopeygirl76
08-24-2011, 06:40 AM
I was going to say Mickey, Minnie,etc but then I saw the post about the Incredibles and I think that is an amazing idea!!!!!

DVCconvert
08-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey!....How 'bout King Louie Lewis?

:lmao:

bwvBound
08-24-2011, 07:32 AM
I'd go with Donald. They could do a short film where he's checking in to a DVC resort. Then he can throw a fit as only Donald can do, when he doesn't get all his requests met. Let him yell at the CM that he's spent tens of thousands of dollars and should get special treatment.;) *

* Story line based on the actions of a fellow DVC member I witnessed at VWL.:rotfl2: Perfect!

Using Mary Poppins could be problematic if viewers took away the idea that Nanny services were included with DVC: Bring the family and let DVC take care of the kids?

GoofItUp
08-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I like the idea of having a unique DVC character, but don't make it stupid & annoying. More family-representative. Fun for kids & relatable.

Maybe this would work because my son is insisting I include it in this post: :banana:

Tamar
08-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I dont think we need a character, but I had to vote to see what others were saying.

mom of princessx2
08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
I voted for Chip and Dale (only because I love those rascals) but when I read the post about each resort having their own "host" I thought that would be a great idea.

LSchrow
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
interesting: 14 voted for a listed character, 6 for "other", and 22 for NO character.
personally, i don't think an established animated character would suit the brand, as each has a very distinctive personality along with quirks.
if they did a human, i think a variety of types would be appropriate: a family with children/grandchildren, a couple, and at least one single. they could all be in the same extended family, and show the different adventures available for all the family types.....and at least one pet ;)

nothing deevee cee tacky though, please:)

franandaj
08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
if they did a human, i think a variety of types would be appropriate: a family with children/grandchildren, a couple, and at least one single. they could all be in the same extended family, and show the different adventures available for all the family types.....and at least one pet ;)

Modern Family!!!!! :rotfl2:

CMOORE185
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I vote to keep Dee Vee Cee.

dianeschlicht
08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I was a little disappointed that this wasn't a multiple choice poll. I would have voted for the 3 main ones if it had been, but that is why I chose "other". I too liked the "Incredibles" idea. Cute.

mecllap
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm leaning toward the Fairy Godmother!

But, we love Figment over at Epcot and would like to see a lot more done with that character, who truly represents the Imagination behind the whole Park system.

Sammie
08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
We just got rid of one character not sure we need another. ;)

wildernessDad
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM
I think that they should cast for a hypothetical family, one that is shown buying into DVC and later discovering all of the good stuff about DVC.

Greysword
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I was a little disappointed that this wasn't a multiple choice poll. I would have voted for the 3 main ones if it had been, but that is why I chose "other". I too liked the "Incredibles" idea. Cute. Plus Bob (Mr. Incredible) is an accountant! :thumbsup2 He can talk about how cost effective it is :lmao:

mdsd8700
08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Plus Bob (Mr. Incredible) is an accountant! :thumbsup2 He can talk about how cost effective it is :lmao:

:rotfl2: Love that! I laughed outloud.

supersuperwendy
08-26-2011, 12:12 AM
I said Minnie mouse!!!!

Rora
08-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Well my first thought was the Incredible Family. Mom, Dad, a teen, a tween and a baby. They sound like a perfect DVC fit!

Love this! :thumbsup2

mom of princessx2
08-26-2011, 12:55 PM
We just got rid of one character not sure we need another. ;)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: