PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Nap Dilemma

Silver Queen
08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Need advice from moms and grandmas. We will be staying at OKW next month for a long weekend with DS, DDiL, and DGS (age 2). He really needs his afternoon nap. Are there any options for arrival and departure day (they catch the ME at about 3:30) like a quiet lounge or something? He's a pretty big guy so I don't think sleeping in his McClaren will work.

DenLo
08-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I can't think of anything at the resort except some pixiedust: that the villa will be ready at check in. We see over tired tykes all the time in the lobbies waiting for their rooms to be available.

On option is that the parents bring either a headset to wear on the plane or earplugs to block the plane noise and then they can darken the window and hope he sleeps during the flight.

BTW, I have seen so many kids sleep in strollers at WDW including older kids in the WDW double strollers which are pretty big. Maybe your DGS will turn out to be one of those.

hakepb
08-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I know SSR has a nice space between the lobby and AP with big comfy chairs, but I'm drawing a blank for OKW.
I would be tempted to see how many times you can go back-n-forth on the boat from OKW to DTD with a hopefully napping DGS.

Silver Queen
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I appreciate your thoughts DenLo and hakepb. SSR is our home resort and I thought of that lounge area, especially the one next to the Turf Club. We would have preferred staying at SSR, but DGS is now too big for the Pak 'n Play so we went for OKW with the two beds (with bedrails of course for DGS).

com_op_2000
08-23-2011, 03:19 PM
At OKW, there is the reading lounge next to check-in. It has couches and chairs that should be big enough. You could also, try the Community Hall room, if there is not a class/loud kids playing/etc.

Deb & Bill
08-28-2011, 05:09 PM
At OKW, there is the reading lounge next to check-in. It has couches and chairs that should be big enough. You could also, try the Community Hall room, if there is not a class/loud kids playing/etc.

Papa's Den could be a bit noisy as the buses unload guests. And Community Hall will be far from quiet. How about one of the quiet pools?

Pirate Granny
08-28-2011, 06:32 PM
My DGD slept in her stroller in the outside area right outside of Papa's den....quiet, had two benches for me to sit and relax, while the rest went swimming before ME arrived. The smoking section was right next door (outside), but no one was there at that time of day...our ME was 3:30 too.

tinkandme
08-28-2011, 07:13 PM
You will LOVE OKW! As stated Papa's Den is a good spot. If he will sleep in the stroller there is a nice walking trail, you can ask at the front desk for a map. There are some quiet areas outside. Chances are your room will be ready.
Enjoy and Welcome Home to OWK.
~Kim

Silver Queen
08-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Once again, thanks Everyone! I was looking at the pictures of Papa's Den and that may work. It sure would be nice if their room was ready when they arrived. I requested Turtle Pond Road, but maybe they should take whatever is ready. It could, however, be inconvenient if we were placed in different sections of OKW. Our plane doesn't arrive until five hours after theirs so we could end up at different ends of the resort. Somehow it was a little easier when we went when he was 10 months old. He slept just about anywhere and he was a lot smaller! Nevertheless, we can't wait to be with him at The World!