PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa to Orlando March Break 2012

mtmbyck
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't know if anyone has found flights but average flight from Ottawa and Montreal is 600-800 dollars :scared1:

I found Syracuse with JetBlue for 440 but wondering if anyone has any other ideas. Dates are March 7-17.

Sprockie
08-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Also try Rochester NY or Plattsburg for some better deals. We have also flown from Albany ny, but that is a bit longer drive.

2gr8DisneyKids
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
We are heading down on those dates as well! WDW and some time at Disney's Vero Beach!

I have been looking at Plattsburgh, but then you miss out on ME and the luggage transfers. We are considering Burlington (Jet Blue) but hoping for a WestJet deal like we had last year.

Also, but not cheaper now, is AirTransat from YUL.

Good luck to us and hope you have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

mjf
08-23-2011, 08:47 PM
We just booked JetBlue from Syracuse to MCO for Mar8-20 for $309 per person. We are taking a couple of extra days around the school break so our dates are West Jet and Air Canada prices are crazy over $800 per person for the flight we wanted.

badiggio
08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
imo,the reason they're so expensive,right now,is because it's over 7 months away. find the best times for prices are around the 3 month mark and i've never paid more than 200 going down to Orlando.

mtmbyck
08-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Baddigio, I have never seen prices under 400-I'm including taxes, reasonable flight times, non-stop or 1 stop and often a weekend date flight. MFN, that's a great price but is it taxes in. I'm looking now.

ccudmore
08-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Best prices I've booked in the past couple years:
$350 taxes in return from Ottawa to Orlando (on US Air) through Philadelphia in April.
$150 taxes in return from Plattsburgh to Sanford (on Allegiant) in October.
$310 taxes in return direct non-stop from Ottawa (on WestJet) in both February and November.

Never booked in March so I can't give an accurate comparison.

kwannabee
09-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I just booked about 3 weeks ago through jet blue-we just couldnt afford the flights out of ottawa plus you could only get a 7 day stay...

now the four of us have direct flight for 340 each and get to spend both weekends there too, we leave on a friday morning and back on the following sunday night...its a three hour drive to syracuse but we get to park our car at the hotel for free and the shuttle takes us to and from the airport.

as far as i know one baggage each person is still free, not like AC which starts charging i think in october.

Kim :surfweb:

mtmbyck
09-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Which Syracuse airport hotel is nicest? I like something very clean and bright. Marriotts, Sheratons, etc. Suggestions?