PDA

View Full Version : DVC member discount vs. AP discount

MamaDrama
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
We are *almost* brand new DVC members (we close on Aug 30th). We have also been a DL AP holder for years. Our first trip o DL will be in October for Mickey's Trick or Treat party. We have already purchased those tickets with our AP discount. My question is this, is there a discount on dining/merchandise associated with your DVC membership and if so is it any different than that associated with my AP?

Thanks!

bumbershoot
08-22-2011, 05:24 PM
I see lots of 10% for dining...

At the DTD theater: "Purchase an Adult ticket for the price of a Child ticket (Tuesdays only). Purchase an Adult ticket for the price of a Matinee ticket (not valid on Tuesdays)."

BuildABear, Compass books, a free glitter upgrade with face painting by showing your card...10% at HofB and Islands, Lego discount.

Same discount on tours as with the AP (20%), spa discounts...that's what I'm seeing.

I'd just show places both cards and ask if there's a discount and which one is better. :)

Or take some time to read through the Portable Perks booklet you should be given when you check in, and compare it to your AP perks.

Presley
08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
The Premium AP discount is better than the DVC member discount for most things in DL.