PDA

View Full Version : FYI nonstop flights Nov Halifax-Orlando

sympatico
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Just in case you don't know: WestJet is flying nonstop from Halifax to Orlando and back on Saturdays starting in Nov. Times are good too. Fly out from Halifax at 2:45pm arrive Orlando 5:47
Fly out of Orlando at 9:25am arrive Halifax 1:45. :)

Ted in Halifax
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
nice!

fan1080
08-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Seat sale price for this is pretty decent too, $458.48 taxes in (Nov 19-26).

That's not much higher than the direct flights we had back for our first trip in 2006.

MikeyNS
08-23-2011, 06:10 AM
I like that they're starting to go direct in November instead of February. I truly believe that there's a business case for at least one direct flight October - July per week from YHZ-MCO. I hope AC follows suit.

KaraLyn
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Just in case you don't know: WestJet is flying nonstop from Halifax to Orlando and back on Saturdays starting in Nov. Times are good too. Fly out from Halifax at 2:45pm arrive Orlando 5:47

I purchased our departure flight through WJ YHZ-MCO on Saturday for $239. I haven't booked our return flight still waiting for prices to fall. AC has MCO-YHZ for $280, also a good deal. Supposedly air carriers post their seat sales on Tuesday afternoons.

Is anyone heading down the first 2 weeks of December? Not certain whether to do MVMCP...has anyone attended MVMCP at the beginning of December?

Happy seat sale hunting everyone!!!

sympatico
08-24-2011, 06:37 AM
I've attended MVMCP in Nov and love it. My dh is a lobster fisherman so the latest we can be there is mid Nov because of the lobster season starting. We've been there for the first party and also the Osbourne Lights at DHS. I think it's worth going to at least once. It gets you in the mood for Christmas. It starts at 7pm and ends at 12 but you can get in at 4pm. You have to have a separate ticket for this. If you happen to be at MK that day anyway then just before the park closes for it's regular hours you turn your party ticket in and you'll receive a party bracelet. You won't be able to do anything if you don't have the bracelet during party hours. All of the regular day guests are required to leave the park at 7pm. The cast members will check for bracelets after this and those without them will be asked to leave.
There's a couple of Christmas shows that are preformed two or three times during the evening and there are also 2 parades so you can figure out which times you want to see the shows and parades. The Christmas Wishes fireworks are once usually at 9:30. It's also a great time to go on rides but I'd make sure I got all the special Christmas stuff done first.
You can also have all the cookies and hot chocolate you want, I won't call it "free" because I'm sure the price of your ticket more than covers what you'll eat. ( They may have other choices for special diet needs, they ran out of cookies one year and were giving out apple slices :)
Make sure you see the Osbourne Lights at DHS, they're awesome and are included with your regular Disney ticket. They usually start the same night as the MVMCParties start.

KaraLyn
08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Thank you for the info...you've helped me make up my mind...we're going! :banana:Can't wait to purchase the tickets. Now I just have to figure out what day. From the tips on the board most people say to go through the week, so I'll be booking either Dec. 6, 7,13, or 14. The Osborne Lights look spectacular!:thumbsup2

gilsan
08-25-2011, 07:48 AM

That is great that there is a direct flight starting in Nov. The flight times are good. Although I wish that you left for Disney at 9:45am and returned home at 2:45. vs leaving for Disney at 2:45 and home at 9:45.

I always like to have a time on the last morning to pack up. When you leave early the last morning you have to spend some of the night before packing up.

The other problem is that it makes a quick trip to WDW that much more appealing:rotfl:

sympatico
08-25-2011, 08:57 AM
The other problem is that it makes a quick trip to WDW that much more appealing:rotfl:

Gotta take the bad with the good. :lmao:

gilsan
09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Westjet sale until Sept 13 has direct flights Halifax to Orlando for $460 including taxes in early December Saturday to Saturday flights now until December 15.