PDA

View Full Version : McSparklesons Bring Their OWN Fireworks... the WHOLE Family!

karajeboo
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Seriously? Have we lost our ever lovin minds????

Uh, if you know the McSparklesons, you know that this is indeed the case!

You also know how much we LOVE WDW and DCL. And I'll fill you in on a little secret. Even though she never lived as close as we did to WDW, my sister, Kami, loves that mouse too and tries to get there as much as possible!!!!

So as my parents got tired of hearing Disney This and Disney That from me and my sister, they broke down one time and said, "we really need to try to get there."

See, my parents have not seen WDW since, well, EVER! What they saw was Magic Kingdom in 1981, and one or two things have changed since then. ;)

So Kami and I talked about it, and decided that our parents' 50th Anniversary would be a great time to take them to the Happiest Place on Earth!

While my parents were visiting me in Jacksonville, FL, over Christmas in 2009, Kami told me to go ahead and tell them what we were planning. Even though their anniversary fell in June, none of us wanted to deal with Florida heat in June. And Kami and I had both been to WDW in December before and felt it would perfect in all aspects for our parents - weather AND decor. Mom LOVES decorating for Christmas and I know she will LOVE WDW all lit up!

Our family....

The Original McSparklesons...... Kara and Ally (10)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%200909/DTD1.jpg

But we like to bring Daddy (Jeff) too.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/DCL%202011/ImportedPhotos01163.jpg

Grandma and Ally

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/IMG_0593.jpg

Grandpa and Ally.... this was taken at IOA Universal and btw, Grandpa burped along with Homer. Nice.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/IMG_0236.jpg

We told them of our plans to take them to WDW for their 50th Anniversary, and we had almost TWO FULL YEARS to wait! And then a few months later, we got transferred from Jacksonville, back to Greenville, SC. So we were losing our proximity to the World. We were all very glad to have this trip to look forward to!

There wasn't much to do at first, except count down the days, and believe me, there were a lot of days to count!!!! So we started tossing around some ideas. I came up with the idea of renting DVC points to bring down the cost of staying in a Deluxe Resort, because I really wanted Gma and Gpa to have the option of going back to the resort during the day to take a break if they want to. And a deluxe resort offers so much more to do, even if it's just grabbing a drink and people watching.

So Kami and I started thinking of resorts that we thought would appeal to our parents. Jeff and I were convinced that they would LOVE AKL. Kami didn't care for it when she stayed there, but it might be my favorite. And I thought Gma and Gpa would be amazed at the idea of an African Savannah right off their balcony!

After we got moved to SC last summer, I got to work. See, I'm a planner. I'm an obsessor. I'm an obsessive planner.

I made a notebook. I instructed Gma and Gpa to thoroughly go through notebook and let us know where they would like to stay. This book had photos and descriptions of every WDW resort, as well as photos and descriptions of every WDW table service restaurant! I included info on dining plan, renting points, etc.

Gpa kept saying, "whatever you decide will be fine."

But I didn't want to decide! Well, I did..... but this was THEIR anniversary gift so I wanted THEM to decide!

They finally came back with......

Boardwalk? :confused3 I never in a million years would have guessed this, although I'm THRILLED because the Epcot resorts are my favorite location!!!! Jeff and I honeymooned at BWI in 1998 so we love this resort!

I researched and found BWV points to rent that would only cost us $110/night Sunday - Thursday! Yes, you read that right. We will be staying at a deluxe resort for LESS than the cost of a moderate. I am beyond excited!!!! Each family will have their own room. No WAY was I sharing a room with these nuts that I call family!!!! Hey, I grew up in that house, doesn't mean I have to live with them on vacation!

And anyone that has ever traveled with extended family know..... there are bound to be some fireworks! I made this trip in 2008 with my in-laws. Whoo weee! The stories I have from that one! :rolleyes1

Sooooo....... Kami and her family will be leaving Friday, December 9 after school. I'm hoping they drive to my house in SC (we are right on the way!), and we can all caravan the next day to Orlando. Mom and Dad are coming in to my house probably on Thursday or Friday and we will leave early on Saturday, Dec 10 for the 8 1/2 hr drive. So we will be getting in mid-afternoon to check in.

Up next, Kami will hopefully post pics of her brood, DH (Todd) and children Emma (13) and Spencer (11).

And we'll give you the low down, down low, of our ADRs and lots more plans!

Furthermore, you will soon see why Mom and Dad always loved me more! ;)

NMW
08-21-2011, 02:57 PM
subscribing

Backstage_Gal
08-21-2011, 03:03 PM
joining in as well

jedijill
08-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm in! I'm bringing my brother, SIL, niece, nephew, and my SIL's mother in October. :) Hopefully I don't regret it! :lmao:

Jill in CO

podsnel
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Oh, boy....here we go....:goodvibes

LuvEeyore
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM
onboard...I love fireworks!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

karajeboo
08-21-2011, 04:25 PM
subscribing

Now if I can just get Kami onboard! :confused:

joining in as well

You are a glutton for punishment, eh?

I'm in! I'm bringing my brother, SIL, niece, nephew, and my SIL's mother in October. :) Hopefully I don't regret it! :lmao:

Jill in CO

I've already done it once with the inlaws, but of course I'm saying, "no WAY will MY family be that bad!" :rotfl2:

Oh, boy....here we go....:goodvibes

You know it :thumbsup2girlfriend!

onboard...I love fireworks!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hopefully these won't explode on the ground like the ones at our friends house on 4th of July that resulted in 21 stitches to Jeff's lip....

But I digress....

Stinkerbe11
08-21-2011, 05:51 PM
The DH and I will be there there then as well, I'll give a shout out should our paths cross:goodvibes...loving the TRs btw, they are well written and very entertaining!

BookTrout
08-21-2011, 06:42 PM
I have to say that this whole going with a group of relatives thing scares the bejeebers out of me. You're a brave gal and I can't wait to read all about it.
Sharon

KristiMc
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm in - should be fun! :)

Wicket's Mom
08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Subbing! Bet you thought that you wouldn't see me here!:rotfl:

MEK
08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
You know I'm subbing for this one since I fully expect you WILL need that rita at the ditch while our stays overlap!

Beth D
08-22-2011, 08:01 AM
:thumbsup2Count me in! Your dad sounds kinda like mine, belching with Homer!

karajeboo
08-22-2011, 08:24 AM
The DH and I will be there there then as well, I'll give a shout out should our paths cross:goodvibes...loving the TRs btw, they are well written and very entertaining!

Thanks Stink - can I call ya STink? After all, we go waaaaay back.... ;)

I have to say that this whole going with a group of relatives thing scares the bejeebers out of me. You're a brave gal and I can't wait to read all about it.
Sharon

I've done it before and I'm going back for more punishment!!! Just a different cast of characters!

I'm in - should be fun! :)

Hey Kristi! Aren't you doing the 8 night Magic out of NYC next year??? Ellen is trying to get us to do that same cruise in 2013 with them......

Subbing! Bet you thought that you wouldn't see me here!:rotfl:

Oh Mother of Wicket, I EXPECTED you here! :rotfl2:

You know I'm subbing for this one since I fully expect you WILL need that rita at the ditch while our stays overlap!

I will need your number before we go. I might just make myself an honorary member of the MEK party to escape my own.....

:thumbsup2Count me in! Your dad sounds kinda like mine, belching with Homer!

Brings a tear to my eye.... that man makes me so proud! :rolleyes1

MEK
08-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I will need your number before we go. I might just make myself an honorary member of the MEK party to escape my own.....

We are eating at La Hacienda on Thursday December 15th, so I'm definitely hitting the ditch before dinner (and maybe after dinner:rolleyes1). Will definitely pm you closer to the date to see if we can meet up. Anxious to see how your park plans work out! I have been working on mine all weekend. Checking menus and such - need to do some tweaking of my ADRs, but can't any on line ressies at work due to an old internet explorer. :headache:

karajeboo
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
We are eating at La Hacienda on Thursday December 15th, so I'm definitely hitting the ditch before dinner (and maybe after dinner:rolleyes1). Will definitely pm you closer to the date to see if we can meet up. Anxious to see how your park plans work out! I have been working on mine all weekend. Checking menus and such - need to do some tweaking of my ADRs, but can't any on line ressies at work due to an old internet explorer. :headache:

We are at Epcot that morning, until about 2:30 or 3, then heading to DHS for dinner and Fantasmic. But I"m thinking I could maybe do a rita for lunch? :thumbsup2

MEK
08-22-2011, 09:46 AM
We are at Epcot that morning, until about 2:30 or 3, then heading to DHS for dinner and Fantasmic. But I"m thinking I could maybe do a rita for lunch? :thumbsup2

Hmmmm - that's definitely a possibility. gotta do a little tweaking, but I'm good at that! :thumbsup2

stinksmom
08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to this TR. We did this with my DH's family about 6 years ago. It was DH, DD (4 then) DSil, her husband and two daughters (6 and 8) at the time, DFil and DMil. We got through about 3 peaceful days then KABOOM! DH and DSil got into it and we spent the next 2 days at the same parks but walking around separately. When we did run into DSil she had some very choice sign language for DH (very classy at DW). Eventually they had run their 6 year old ragged and some sort of truce was called. We took DN and DD to our resort to rest and swim, and eventually the rest of the family followed. Every time we think of doing a trip together DH reminds it didn't work out well then so just imagine throwing some almost teen/pre-teen girls into it and it is a recipe for disaster. And he was right, we spent a long weekend with DSil and the two DN's about a month ago and it was the loooooooongest weekend :sad2:

Good luck on your trip-I can't wait to read all about it :)

karajeboo
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Hmmmm - that's definitely a possibility. gotta do a little tweaking, but I'm good at that! :thumbsup2

Tweaking for a rita.... could be my new mantra....

I'm looking forward to this TR. We did this with my DH's family about 6 years ago. It was DH, DD (4 then) DSil, her husband and two daughters (6 and 8) at the time, DFil and DMil. We got through about 3 peaceful days then KABOOM! DH and DSil got into it and we spent the next 2 days at the same parks but walking around separately. When we did run into DSil she had some very choice sign language for DH (very classy at DW). Eventually they had run their 6 year old ragged and some sort of truce was called. We took DN and DD to our resort to rest and swim, and eventually the rest of the family followed. Every time we think of doing a trip together DH reminds it didn't work out well then so just imagine throwing some almost teen/pre-teen girls into it and it is a recipe for disaster. And he was right, we spent a long weekend with DSil and the two DN's about a month ago and it was the loooooooongest weekend :sad2:

Good luck on your trip-I can't wait to read all about it :)

Yeah, sounds about like the trip we did with Jeff's family 3 years ago. We all bit our tongues while we were there, but when we got home there were some choice words! It's a struggle when you get three different families together who all have different plans, different budgets, different aged kids, different attitudes, etc.....

disneyohana
08-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Kara. We go to Disney with my family every time. Sometimes one sister goes, other times both sisters, two nephews and my aunt and uncle go. As long as we split up when we aren't all on the same page, all is good. I can't imagine going with the in-laws. Sometimes it is harder to say no to things and that would ruin my vacation. Point being that maybe it being your own family, all will be well.:)

KristiMc
08-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey Kristi! Aren't you doing the 8 night Magic out of NYC next year??? Ellen is trying to get us to do that same cruise in 2013 with them......

We are doing the 8 night in June 2012. I think I am going to love the itinerary. 4 at-sea days. Not having to pack up everything the same day as CC and the WDW day - what more could I want???

Maybe we will join you in 2013 - we would have a blast.

karajeboo
08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
We are doing the 8 night in June 2012. I think I am going to love the itinerary. 4 at-sea days. Not having to pack up everything the same day as CC and the WDW day - what more could I want???

I know! We are looking at end of July/early August - I'm really anxious to hear your take on it next summer.....

Hi Kara. We go to Disney with my family every time. Sometimes one sister goes, other times both sisters, two nephews and my aunt and uncle go. As long as we split up when we aren't all on the same page, all is good. I can't imagine going with the in-laws. Sometimes it is harder to say no to things and that would ruin my vacation. Point being that maybe it being your own family, all will be well.:)

Maybe...... but I am a control freak. My BIL is also a control freak. And my mom is a complainer. And my niece will be 13, need I say more? And my daughter is spoiled rotten. And my nephew will get mad if the girls ignore him. My dad will go with the flow and won't care at all. I've been to WDW a bazillion times (including 34 days there in ONE year in 2009/2010) so I've "been there, done that" and know the shortcuts. So we will see what happens.....

MAGICFOR2
08-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Checking In! Can't wait for the fireworks!:yay:

Stinkerbe11
08-23-2011, 12:43 AM

That's it girls:cutie: if there's a trip to the Ditch then Stink must be included. I mean I am the freakin' tequila queen... Read the TR, Puerto Vallarta day- you'll see what I'm talking about and it will be good to catch up with you, it has been too long;)

karajeboo
08-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Checking In! Can't wait for the fireworks!:yay:

:woohoo:

That's it girls:cutie: if there's a trip to the Ditch then Stink must be included. I mean I am the freakin' tequila queen... Read the TR, Puerto Vallarta day- you'll see what I'm talking about and it will be good to catch up with you, it has been too long;)

The ole Don Julio, eh? ;) Oh, and just read your review of the Rasul..... champagne??? You got stinkin champagne???? And the rainforest room? The only thing we got in common was the maven's smirk!!!!!

karajeboo
08-23-2011, 09:22 AM
We moved to SC in June, 2010, and I took a week off work to get the house in order. So once I went back to work (I'm blessed that I can work from home and see my boss in TN about once a year, or less......), I REALLY went to work..... on our WDW plans!

Even though we were still about a year an a half away, Kami and I really wanted Mom and Dad to make some decisions. Yes, we have been there since the dinosaurs roamed Magic Kingdom and did the wave while watching fireworks, but we still felt that this vacation was for THEM.

Which is why The Notebook came to be.

Yes, I ade a big fat notebook and I must have used $50 in printer ink because this was a 2" binder packed FULL of info! I separated it into separate tabs - Resorts - Restaurants - Parks. Then I subtabbed it into Deluxe/Moderate/Value, and then a tab for each TS restaurant.

OK, so I have issues...... Have you read any of my other TRs? Cause that is old news. Turn the page.

Like I said before, Jeff and I really thought that Animal Kingdom Lodge would appeal to Mom and Dad, or even Wilderness Lodge. But the mini battles began with Kami and I when she informed me she would not stay at AKL if they chose there. She had a bad experience there a couple of years ago.

I really wanted an Epcot resort, but AKL was my resort of choice. So unless Mom and Dad opted for OKW or SSR, I was really okay with any choice.

Now here came another mini battle. Kami's family is a lot like mine in that they go commando in the parks. So a resort is really a bed and bath. But again, we are not just thinking of ourselves, we have to consider Mom and Dad and find a place for them that is special. And also a place that would be nice to come back to relax mid-day.

So when I suggested renting DVC points, Kami was a little skeptical and said they may try to do something on their own. So I stuck out my tongue and said have fun at All Stars while we pay about $30 more per night and live it up in a deluxe! :rotfl2:

OK, she doesn't know I stuck out my tongue because she's in Ohio and I'm in SC so it was over the phone. Doesn't have quite the same impact that way.

I think eventually everyone was on the same page, and I found my DVC owner who was willing to rent me all the points I needed for three rooms for 5 nights.

That's when Jeff and I decided to head down a night early. Kami and her family decided to do the same. And we still have no idea when Gma and Gpa are coming. I think they are coming to our house first and riding with us to Orlando. But they are also considering taking the train to Orlando......

They don't get that they need to make their plans NOW! Kami and I are splitting the cost of food and tickets for mom and dad. So they booked their room and need to make their own travel arrangements. I'm thinking we need to initiate firm kick in the heiney here soon........

Up next.... ADRs and WDW Survival Kits!

WannaBeADisMom
08-23-2011, 12:32 PM
What Ellen said.......:rotfl2::rotfl2:

999ghostslover
08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh you know I'm subbing for this! :surfweb:

karajeboo
08-23-2011, 02:34 PM
What Ellen said.......:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I miss you Joanie...... :cloud9:

Oh you know I'm subbing for this! :surfweb:

Just go visit your parents and you might see some fireworks the night we get back.... just look out their front door! :rotfl2:

podsnel
08-23-2011, 02:41 PM

I can't WAIT to hear what you think of this cruise!! I have to agree, 4 sea days+CC NOT on the last day+an excursion to WDW INCLUDED in the $$$$...it almost makes going to the Bahamas exciting!! :rotfl:

KristiMc
08-23-2011, 03:28 PM
I can't WAIT to hear what you think of this cruise!! I have to agree, 4 sea days+CC NOT on the last day+an excursion to WDW INCLUDED in the $$$$...it almost makes going to the Bahamas exciting!! :rotfl:

We haven't decided what we want to do at Nassau. I was thinking of just staying on the ship but I feel like I should get off and at least walk around. I know my boys would love to go to Atlantis, but I don't want to spend that much $$.

podsnel
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
We haven't decided what we want to do at Nassau. I was thinking of just staying on the ship but I feel like I should get off and at least walk around. I know my boys would love to go to Atlantis, but I don't want to spend that much $$.

Yea- I'm thinking we will stay onboard in May on the Dream (unless someone is desperate to get off) but if it happens for us in 2013 out of NY, then we would consider Atlantis for the boys. Have you looked into getting a hotel room at what is it...Comfort Inn or suites or something?:confused3 I think it's a little cheaper than the DCL excursion-

JKSWonder
08-24-2011, 02:26 PM
We've gone to WDW 3 times the first week of December. That week (yup, the entire week) is DH's birthday, which in case you didn't know it, is an undeclared national holiday. At least in his mind anyway.

It's a great time to go. Not hot, all the pretty Christmas stuff is out and it's just a great atmosphere.

My inlaws live about 15 minutes away from WDW, so we see them every time we go. Sometimes this is o.k. (like on Allison's very first trip) and sometimes this is not o.k. (like on our recent July visit). Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sneak in and out of the World without them knowing and/or without feeling any guilt or remorse.

KristiMc
08-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Yea- I'm thinking we will stay onboard in May on the Dream (unless someone is desperate to get off) but if it happens for us in 2013 out of NY, then we would consider Atlantis for the boys. Have you looked into getting a hotel room at what is it...Comfort Inn or suites or something?:confused3 I think it's a little cheaper than the DCL excursion-

I will have to look into the Comfort Inn because I know that they would love to do see Atlantis and do the waterpark.

karajeboo
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
We've gone to WDW 3 times the first week of December. That week (yup, the entire week) is DH's birthday, which in case you didn't know it, is an undeclared national holiday. At least in his mind anyway.

It's a great time to go. Not hot, all the pretty Christmas stuff is out and it's just a great atmosphere.

My inlaws live about 15 minutes away from WDW, so we see them every time we go. Sometimes this is o.k. (like on Allison's very first trip) and sometimes this is not o.k. (like on our recent July visit). Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to sneak in and out of the World without them knowing and/or without feeling any guilt or remorse.

Guilt? What's that? I think there is an unwritten rule somewhere that "inlaws" and "guilt" cannot be used in the same sentence.... just sayin....

And I promise to raise a toast you DH of JKSWONDER on our trip!!!

I will have to look into the Comfort Inn because I know that they would love to do see Atlantis and do the waterpark.

I wanna say that the Comfort Suites has a deal where you book a room and it includes the Atlantis package and it is considerably less than booking Atlantis straight up. AND you have a room that you can use to shower and clean up before you head back to the ship. Cause that Steve can get pretty ripe...... :rolleyes1

kid-at-heart
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I'mmmm here. Will be back later to actually read. Still busy with class prep.

heathers4um
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Subbing - popcorn::

karajeboo
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Well, my sister the rocket scientist DID say she figured out how to post pics, but I see they are still not here.

Just another reason why Mom and Dad love me best..... I'm reliable. ;)

On to ADRs!

This is where we had a few "issues." :rolleyes1 Kami and her family like buffets and they like DDP, neither of which appeal to the McSparklesons.

Buffets creep me out. I don't care if it is Disney. I've seen kids pick up something and put it back, and they've spent the day running their hands along the rails in queue lines, right behind the guy that went to the restroom, blew his nose, did his "bidness" and never washed his hand. And I also saw what ELSE that kid did with his hand!!!!! :scared1:

So buffets are just not our thing. They are ooky.

Not to mention, I'm kind of a food snob. There! I said it!!! But really, why eat chicken nuggets when you can get bacon wrapped filet for the same price (if you are using DDP!)? Just seems to be a no brainer to me.

Disney has some incredible dining options, and I like to try new things, so why not? It's not every day you can eat in Italy, Mexico, Morocco, and Japan all in the same day, right?

Since I"m an AP holder, I can get the Tables in Wonderland card. When we lived in Florida, we had this and saved a BUNDLE!!! To save 20% off your entire order is huge for us! We don't typically order dessert, but we do like appetizers sometimes, and TIW allows us to save on this, where DDP doesn't give you an option. Furthermore, TIW save you 20% off alcohol too! And our favorite CS in Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ ALSO gives a 20% discount with TIW.

Well, we had a hard time convincing Kami's DH Todd. He is convinced that DDP saves you money no matter what. And it can, if you eat high end for each TS credit, but eating buffet for each TS credit means that WDW loves you and hopes that you pay for DDP each trip.

So I made a spreadsheet and encouraged Kami to do the same. I literally went through our ADRs and guessed at what we might order. The TIW savings for my family alone was about $400 vs DDP. No brainer.

Now it was time to actually CHOOSE where we wanted to eat!!!!

I asked Kami to come up with one Must Do for her family, and I would choose one too. Although I had to change mine to appeal to everyone else because I knew they would not enjoy Sanaa at all..... :sad2:

Kami's Must Do is Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. This will be lots of fun for MOm and Dad, and it's low key and casual. I'm sure everyone will enjoy this together.

And Mom and Dad chose San Angel Inn as their Must Do. I'm still not sure they will like this because it's more authentic Mexican than what they are used to, but the ambiance alone will make it worth it.

Kami also wanted to do 50's PT and Sci Fi.... Sci Fi we are doing for lunch one day, and 50's PT will be great for us because it's one of the few we've never experienced so far (well, aside from the Tune In Lounge with the DISmoms.... :rolleyes1).

So here's where we are eating......

Arrival Day, Kami and her clan are doing their own thing so we are taking Mom and Dad to DTD and Raglan Road, one of my favorites!!!! I hate that Kami is going to miss it and I hope they change their mind and meet us there.

Day 1 - San Angel Inn
Day 2 - Currently have Tutto Italia booked for an early lunch but I just nabbed a Via Napoli ADR for 2pm. I think I will let Mom and Dad peek in each place the day before and then look at the menu and decide. That way I will cancel the day before and make a ressie available for someone.
Day 3 - O'Hana. This ended up being my Must Do because we have never been able to get an ADR here. We made a lot of last minute trips when we lived in FL so never got to book this. Very excited!
Day 4 - Sci Fi Dine In for lunch; Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner.
Day 5 - Cape May Cafe for all but Jeff and I for breakfast. Jeff and I are going to Kouzzina for breakfast ALONE!!!!! Then 50's PT for dinner.
Day 6 - Akershus - this is a surprise for Ally and my dad. Ally is still my little princess so why not see them right before we leave the World? And my dad will appreciate all the princesses have to offer......:rolleyes1

I really wish we were doing Biergarten - my dad would LOVE it! And I was pleasantly surprised the one time we had lunch here a couple of years ago (even though it IS a buffet!). And Marrakesh is so different and fun, too. I think we have a pretty good mix, and staying at BWV, I'm hoping to hit Beaches n Cream one evening if it's a nice warm day.

KristiMc
08-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Your list looks yummy and it is making me very hungry. You are missing my favorite WDW restaurant though - LeCellier. I love the Cheddar Cheese soup and the Mushroom Filet.

Beth D
09-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Wow, a 20% discount on rita's too? I want one too! :thumbsup2

You will love WCC! I swear the servers feed off the energy of the table. The snarkier you are, the crazier they get! Order a milkshake, and "volunteer" someone else for the Pony Express race. You'll have a blast! :laughing:

karajeboo
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Your list looks yummy and it is making me very hungry. You are missing my favorite WDW restaurant though - LeCellier. I love the Cheddar Cheese soup and the Mushroom Filet.

I think we were going for something a little different. We've been to LC and love it - but I guess you can get a good steak in most cities, so we're trying to go with places more unique to WDW.

Wow, a 20% discount on rita's too? I want one too! :thumbsup2

You will love WCC! I swear the servers feed off the energy of the table. The snarkier you are, the crazier they get! Order a milkshake, and "volunteer" someone else for the Pony Express race. You'll have a blast! :laughing:

You can get 20% off alcohol in restaurants, but not at kiosks. So if you go INTO Rose and Crown and order from the bar, you get the discount, but if you order from the stand outside, no discount......

WCC is fun! When we were there in 2008, my BIL did not have a fork in his place setting. He asked for one and here is what they brought him.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/2008_05060155-1.jpg

Beth D
09-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Awesome. This year have someone ask for ketchup!

podsnel
09-03-2011, 10:03 AM
The fork is FUNNY! I never saw that before!

I hope you love Ohana's- the dessert is TDF! :worship: The sides are really good, too- and the entertainment is alot of fun.

Can't you fit in Biergarten on Day 2 or 3?

And I am FLOORED that you have never been to 50's PT!!! :scared1: Really? Oh...THAT'S gonna be fun- here's some pixie dust for a FABULOUS server and table-pixiedust:

KristiMc
09-03-2011, 10:08 AM

I hope you love Ohana's- the dessert is TDF! :worship: The sides are really good, too- and the entertainment is alot of fun.

And I am FLOORED that you have never been to 50's PT!!! :scared1: Really? Oh...THAT'S gonna be fun- here's some pixie dust for a FABULOUS server and table-pixiedust:

I agree the bread pudding at Ohana's is great - if you have any room for it.

Have you done Hoop Dee Doo? We have done it twice and love it. Shawn got to go up on stage last time.

KristiMc
09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
I think we were going for something a little different. We've been to LC and love it - but I guess you can get a good steak in most cities, so we're trying to go with places more unique to WDW.

I keep telling myself that I need to try new places when we go and I keep going to the ones we love. There are so many good places.

karajeboo
09-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Awesome. This year have someone ask for ketchup!

I think that will be a good one for my dad...... :thumbsup2

Mom and Dad are flying in on Saturday, Dec 10th now but don't arrive til 4, which means 5-530 at the resort. So I think I'm going to cancel RR that night in case they are tired, and we might try to meet up with SHIP!!!!! I think that would be good so we don't have to go far, and can just relax around the BW that night.

I agree the bread pudding at Ohana's is great - if you have any room for it.

Have you done Hoop Dee Doo? We have done it twice and love it. Shawn got to go up on stage last time.

Is the bread pudding there as good as Ger's Bread and Butter PUdding at Raglan Road????

We did Hoop Dee Doo with Jeff's family in 2008. We considered that this year - my dad would LOVE it, but opted out. Not sure why now that you mention it.....

I keep telling myself that I need to try new places when we go and I keep going to the ones we love. There are so many good places.

There really are a lot of fun and yummy places. Jeff has never been interested in 50's PT even though it's the atmosphere there. That's why we are doing Sci Fi with our parents, I just know my dad will think it's so cool in there. So we are just doing lunch for sandwiches that day......

KristiMc
09-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Is the bread pudding there as good as Ger's Bread and Butter PUdding at Raglan Road????

They are both great! We thought we liked the Raglan Road one better but we went to RR the day we got off the ship and it was not as good as we remembered. It may have been that we just had gotten off the ship and were a little bit depressed.

karajeboo
09-05-2011, 09:57 AM
They are both great! We thought we liked the Raglan Road one better but we went to RR the day we got off the ship and it was not as good as we remembered. It may have been that we just had gotten off the ship and were a little bit depressed.

Uh, yeah.... I totally get that! :sad2:

karajeboo
09-05-2011, 10:16 AM
96 DAYS!!!!! :cool1:

I think I'm going to make a couple of changes now that Mom and Dad are flying in a day early.

Do they really need to see DTD? I'm thinking NO. Mom is not a big shopper, and to get around DTD she'll need a wheelchair, so I just don't think it's a "must do" this trip. Whis is why......

I think I'm going to cancel our RR ADR for the first night. I LOVE RR (especially that Ger and her famous bread and butter pudding!!!!), but their flight gets in around 4, so they should be to the resort around 5-530, so I'm thinking we will just enjoy the BW that night. Plus, it's a Saturday, so there should be some fun entertainment outside that night.

So I'm thinking now of just eating at ESPN Club or Big River (and I can see my friend SHIP from our last DISmoms trip!!!!), or even venturing over to Beaches n Cream for burgers and ice cream.

Plus, this way we can all get a good night's sleep the first night before we hit it hard the next day!!!

But I still have not cancelled RR, that will be hard to do, so I'm going to hold that ADR until I am positive!!

podsnel
09-05-2011, 01:08 PM
And introducing...Ship? Cool! Hey! He could have helped Joan deliver her purse! He knows all about that stuff!

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/podsnel/DISmoms%203%202011/DISmoms%203%20DSLR%20Random/IMG_3731.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

kid-at-heart
09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Poor Joan. :lmao: I would not be surprised if she bans you from taking her photo.

I love that photo, it is a great expression on her face and yes, she does look like she is delivering "something".

podsnel
09-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Tee Hee....she did mention something about me & my camera when I saw her the other night, but I didn't pay very close attention....:rolleyes1

MEK
09-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow - you really did a spreadsheet for all your ADRs. Cool! And you figured out you saved $400 over the dining plan - interesting. Perhaps I need to do that. We are doing a couple signatures in December so I thought I would get the DXDP for two days and spread it over three, but I guess I could get a TIW instead. I guess I should really see how it all shakes out. And God knows I already have enough mugs from my last trip (ended up with three), so I really don't need anymore! Yes - I am one of THOSE people who use their mug until they change the design. :rolleyes1 My bad!

WannaBeADisMom
09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Poor Joan. :lmao: I would not be surprised if she bans you from taking her photo.
Seriously considering it!!!
I love that photo, it is a great expression on her face and yes, she does look like she is delivering "something".

Glad someone likes that photo...such a lady I am NOT!!!

WannaBeADisMom
09-05-2011, 03:29 PM
And introducing...Ship? Cool! Hey! He could have helped Joan deliver her purse! He knows all about that stuff!

:rotfl2:Good old Ship, multi-talented Army nurse, bouncer, barkeep, etc, etc. Wonder if he also takes incriminating photos of his dear friends??? :rolleyes1

karajeboo
09-05-2011, 04:35 PM

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg113/podsnel/DISmoms%203%202011/DISmoms%203%20DSLR%20Random/IMG_3731.jpg

OMG that is hilarious!!! :lmao:

Tee Hee....she did mention something about me & my camera when I saw her the other night, but I didn't pay very close attention....:rolleyes1

Did you take a pic of her when she said that? :rolleyes1

Wow - you really did a spreadsheet for all your ADRs. Cool! And you figured out you saved $400 over the dining plan - interesting. Perhaps I need to do that. We are doing a couple signatures in December so I thought I would get the DXDP for two days and spread it over three, but I guess I could get a TIW instead. I guess I should really see how it all shakes out. And God knows I already have enough mugs from my last trip (ended up with three), so I really don't need anymore! Yes - I am one of THOSE people who use their mug until they change the design. :rolleyes1 My bad!

If you only work to get the most bang for your DDP buck, it works out, but we like appys over desserts, and mostly drinks over appys OR desserts so TIW works out much better for us....... If I'm not mistaken, the DISmoms spent $1300 over 4 days on food and drinks. When you deduct 20% it's over $250 and the TIW card is $75? So when you look at it that way.......

:rotfl2:Good old Ship, multi-talented Army nurse, bouncer, barkeep, etc, etc. Wonder if he also takes incriminating photos of his dear friends??? :rolleyes1

Wonder if he'll remember me? Maybe if I try to break into some super secret door off the BW? :rotfl2:

anewmac
09-06-2011, 12:59 AM
goodness im late to the part again.. you know I take that sterotype of mine seriously... but never the less im here!

This is going to be so fun for your whole clan! Im so excite for you all! All the places sound yummy! I think 50's dinner is one of my favs cuz they made E laugh and smile the most (its hard to make a marine do that you know) and Hoop Dee Doo is my 2nd cuz the food was yummy bit beers oh ya and a cute show.

Oh who was asking about Atlantis... Yes if you book through Comfort Inns on nassau, the price is about 1/2 of what it is to book thru the cruiseline, and the Atlantis resort it self. Its quick and easy too, you just cab it from the port, to Comfort inn, check in they give you wrist bands so you can frequest both their resort and the Atlantis, then walk a block to the Atlantis. get another set of wrist bands at the Atlantis and bam your in. You can either store your stuff at the hotel or we didnt want to waste time going back and forth so we just grabbed a locker and then headed for the slides. In my opinion its something you do once. Ya say youve done it get the pics and a post card then next time.. pass. but thats just me

MAGICFOR2
09-06-2011, 02:45 AM
I love how your plans are coming together, Kara! So cool you were able to rent enough points.:thumbsup2 Your ADRs look great. I love Sci-Fi - it is just so strange and retro. I'm excited for you to try Ohana, too - especially a certain lucious pineapple! The time will go by fast now - especially with school starting!:woohoo:

emser
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
The sister has arrived!!!! Let me start by saying, I am not the witty writer my sister is, but I am just as disturbed!!!

Yes, my family too, loves the Mouse!!! We have been to WDW 3 times - 2004, 2007 and 2010. It is myself, Kami, 39, DH Todd, 40, DD Emma, 13 and DS Spencer, 11.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202004/Disneyworld2004059-1.jpg

DS had a little trouble standing still so the twins had to help him out - 2004

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202007/Disneyworld2007016-1-1.jpg

Being goofy with Goofy in 2007

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202010/Image0096-1.jpg

Gloomy times with Eeyore in 2010

http://fmozart.blog.com/files/2010/06/Homer-strangling-Bart.jpg

Family vacation - 2011 :rotfl2:

Actually I am very excited about this trip!!! My DH, not as much. He has a few hesitations. The biggest being DDP vs TIW. I am a little skeptical as well, but KJ and I did our spreadsheets, and on paper, it will be a savings of at least $400. It is nice to pay and not think about it again, but hey - $400 is $400!!!

And what I keep reminding him is, we don't have to stay together for a whole week!!! :scared1: We have our ADR's, but other than that, nothing is set in stone!!! We are actually staying in MK our last day as the rest of the fam heads off to other parts of the World.

We are arriving on Saturday and plan to get most of the day in the park. Not sure when KJ is getting there, but my parents probably about 5:30ish. It would be nice to meet them at BW and spend the evening checking out the resort. DH doesn't want to "plan" anything in case we are having a nice day in the parks, but I don't want to miss anything on the Boardwalk either!!! ( I have always wanted to see someone eat fire!!!!)

We are big time park people - resorts are a room and shower!
2004 - ASM (Loved it!!!!)
2007 - Pop Century (Was nice, probably wouldn't do again)
2010 - AKL - (Very bad experience!!!)

I was very surprised, like KJ, that the folks picked BW, but looking forward to a new experience!

Now the biggest difference with my sister and I - FOOD!!! She is all about the restaurants and trying new things. Me - Give me a burger and let me get back to the rides and shows!!!! So we have both had to give in here and there. We are buffet people, and as she has mentioned, they are not! I am pretty happy with the meals we have planned, although I need to see if we can get into CP at MK on our last day. I love the Pooh characters. And once again - buffet!

So I am ready! I have the boxing gloves, band aids, and video camera to record it all!!!!!

karajeboo
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
So nice of you to join the party.....:rolleyes1

Mom and Dad booked their flight!!!! :banana: They are flying nonstop from their local little airport (Akron/Canton) and getting in around 4pm. I expect them to get to BWV around 5 or 5:30.

Although, they will not be doing the OJ through MCO, I'm sure they will have to stop to tinkle...... then backtrack several times on the way to Magical Express..... then Mom will yell at Dad because he gets them lost. Dad will then yell at Mom telling her he knows what he's doing..... Then she will pout. Actually, she hums when she gets mad......

Ladies and Gentlemen, when the humming begins, you will know the McSparklesons are all together in WDW and the trip has begun!!!!! :rotfl2: It's just not a family gathering without a little humming.....

Anyone ever rented a wheelchair from an Orlando company? Despite two new knees, and a new hip, Mom just can't keep up so we will have a wheelchair with us most times. And NO, there will be no ECV. Been there, done that, witnessed the crashes........ :rolleyes1 I don't think there's enough insurance available to cover her driving an ECV again.

Let me just say, I rented one for our weekend in Charleston, SC, several years ago. She ran into a building....... I kid you not!

jedijill
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
It's just not a family gathering without a little humming.....

And this should be your new trip report title! :rotfl:

Jill in CO

karajeboo
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Another pic of the elder McSparklesons......

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/DSC_0123.jpg

And since we ARE and extension of the original McSparklesons.....

I'm thinking I need to bring all my ears. I have sparkly ears.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%200909/DHS-AllyMommy2.jpg

Wild animal print ears.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/AK%201008/AllyonDino2.jpg

bouncy ears.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20021310/Girlstrip3.jpg

And of course Minnie ears....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%201108/2008_1116DisneyWeekend0013.jpg

And did I mention our original ears????

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/MagicKingdom-ParadeAllycamera.jpg

Cause if it's ears you want, it's ears I've got.....

And I see a new ears purchase in about 3 months..... :rolleyes1

karajeboo
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
And this should be your new trip report title! :rotfl:

Jill in CO

I LOVE IT!!!!! :rotfl2:

MAGICFOR2
09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
The sister has arrived!!!! Let me start by saying, I am not the witty writer my sister is, but I am just as disturbed!!!

Yes, my family too, loves the Mouse!!! We have been to WDW 3 times - 2004, 2007 and 2010. It is myself, Kami, 39, DH Todd, 40, DD Emma, 13 and DS Spencer, 11.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202004/Disneyworld2004059-1.jpg

DS had a little trouble standing still so the twins had to help him out - 2004

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202007/Disneyworld2007016-1-1.jpg

Being goofy with Goofy in 2007

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h473/emserboo/Disneyworld%202010/Image0096-1.jpg

Gloomy times with Eeyore in 2010

Family vacation - 2011 :rotfl2:

Actually I am very excited about this trip!!! My DH, not as much. He has a few hesitations. The biggest being DDP vs TIW. I am a little skeptical as well, but KJ and I did our spreadsheets, and on paper, it will be a savings of at least $400. It is nice to pay and not think about it again, but hey - $400 is $400!!!

And what I keep reminding him is, we don't have to stay together for a whole week!!! :scared1: We have our ADR's, but other than that, nothing is set in stone!!! We are actually staying in MK our last day as the rest of the fam heads off to other parts of the World.

We are arriving on Saturday and plan to get most of the day in the park. Not sure when KJ is getting there, but my parents probably about 5:30ish. It would be nice to meet them at BW and spend the evening checking out the resort. DH doesn't want to "plan" anything in case we are having a nice day in the parks, but I don't want to miss anything on the Boardwalk either!!! ( I have always wanted to see someone eat fire!!!!)

I was very surprised, like KJ, that the folks picked BW, but looking forward to a new experience!

Now the biggest difference with my sister and I - FOOD!!! She is all about the restaurants and trying new things. Me - Give me a burger and let me get back to the rides and shows!!!! So we have both had to give in here and there. We are buffet people, and as she has mentioned, they are not! I am pretty happy with the meals we have planned, although I need to see if we can get into CP at MK on our last day. I love the Pooh characters. And once again - buffet!

So I am ready! I have the boxing gloves, band aids, and video camera to record it all!!!!!

Hi Kami! So glad you are here reporting, too! The parks will never be the same with the McSparklesons and the Wittiers there all together! Hopefully not in their "all together" :rotfl2:

Mom and Dad booked their flight!!!! :banana: They are flying nonstop from their local little airport (Akron/Canton) and getting in around 4pm. I expect them to get to BWV around 5 or 5:30.

Although, they will not be doing the OJ through MCO, I'm sure they will have to stop to tinkle...... then backtrack several times on the way to Magical Express..... then Mom will yell at Dad because he gets them lost. Dad will then yell at Mom telling her he knows what he's doing..... Then she will pout. Actually, she hums when she gets mad......

Ladies and Gentlemen, when the humming begins, you will know the McSparklesons are all together in WDW and the trip has begun!!!!! :rotfl2: It's just not a family gathering without a little humming.....

Anyone ever rented a wheelchair from an Orlando company? Despite two new knees, and a new hip, Mom just can't keep up so we will have a wheelchair with us most times. And NO, there will be no ECV. Been there, done that, witnessed the crashes........ :rolleyes1 I don't think there's enough insurance available to cover her driving an ECV again.

Let me just say, I rented one for our weekend in Charleston, SC, several years ago. She ran into a building....... I kid you not!

Love all the ears, Kara! You almost have one for every day!:thumbsup2

The pic of your 'rents with Alli is so sweet! :love

karajeboo
09-08-2011, 11:23 AM

That looks like your family...... :rolleyes1

This is mine.....

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpSr2OIM-jPxSSopIsUS7sqxr-F0wGt2u8dpUesGEvZI7LDp8A

I'm just hoping Ally can find the time to see the attractions in between helping the elderly cross the street, playing piano in the lobby of the resort for the homeless, and rescuing puppies from the rain......

nassau812
09-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Kara, I am a super creeper on the disboards. Never post to threads but felt compelled this time. We rented a scooter from Walker Mobility for my mom on a Disney trip and will do so over and over again. Great customer service, they drop off at your hotel and pick it up from there too. 1-888-726-6837.

karajeboo
09-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Kara, I am a super creeper on the disboards. Never post to threads but felt compelled this time. We rented a scooter from Walker Mobility for my mom on a Disney trip and will do so over and over again. Great customer service, they drop off at your hotel and pick it up from there too. 1-888-726-6837.

Thank you my fellow Jacksonvillian (well, I WISH I was still there!!!). And I don't think you're creepy at all.... ;)

karajeboo
09-08-2011, 12:56 PM
nassau - I just booked the wheelchair - they were super nice!!!! Thank you again!

nassau812
09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
nassau - I just booked the wheelchair - they were super nice!!!! Thank you again!

You are very welcome. After my mom's near miss with Jesus at the Holy Land Experience we decided a push wheelchair was the way to go :thumbsup2

BTW, I do love your trip reports.

MAGICFOR2
09-09-2011, 12:31 AM

You are very welcome. After my mom's near miss with Jesus at the Holy Land Experience we decided a push wheelchair was the way to go :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Now that is a story I'd love to hear!:lmao:

anewmac
09-09-2011, 01:46 AM

I dont know I think you held your own for part1 you brought to the table!

YA i couldnt go on vacation with my brothers/sisters family one of us would end up in a hospital, or pushed off space mountain. Space is good!

really I love the POP, but I have to say im like you when in WDW im only there for the 3 S's Sleep, Shower, ShOts (fill in the I into the O LOL)!
let me guess you had the zebra wanting to hump the rhino too right outside your windown right...then the kids asked what/why etc and that magicial moment was gone for you too.. no thats not went down.. oh hm ya not for me either :rolleyes1

sounds just like my family gatherings!

yeah im not the only one late (is your sister part mexican? just wondering? LOL)

well a lil music is better then the silent treatment

oh please tell this story!

And since we ARE and extension of the original McSparklesons.....

I'm thinking I need to bring all my ears. I have sparkly ears.....

Wild animal print ears.....

bouncy ears.....

And of course Minnie ears....

And did I mention our original ears????

Cause if it's ears you want, it's ears I've got.....
thats what she said LMAO

And I see a new ears purchase in about 3 months..... :rolleyes1
I love all the ears and that you both have them too cute! are mom and dad getting bride and groom ears?

I'm just hoping Ally can find the time to see the attractions in between helping the elderly cross the street, playing piano in the lobby of the resort for the homeless, and rescuing puppies from the rain......
:rotfl2: maybe she can help a dis mom give birth to a purse too:lmao:

Ya Im with Tammie, details please.. cant be a lurkers after a comment like THAT:thumbsup2

JKSWonder
09-09-2011, 12:04 PM

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

My MIL is a danger to all mankind in her scooter. I just try to hang back a fair distance so that no one knows I'm with her when she bumps people.

karajeboo
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Now that is a story I'd love to hear!:lmao:

I agree!!!! And btw, is the HOly Land experience any good? We drove by there a bazillion times but always thought it was one of those Orlando tourist traps....

I love all the ears and that you both have them too cute! are mom and dad getting bride and groom ears?

:rotfl2: maybe she can help a dis mom give birth to a purse too:lmao:

Ya Im with Tammie, details please.. cant be a lurkers after a comment like THAT:thumbsup2

OMG Drea!!!! You are so freakin funny I don't even know what to comment on!

The rhino and the zebra??? :rotfl2:

I've got ears - That's what she said...... :rotfl2:

And I thought I had issues!!!! Girl you are too funny!

My MIL is a danger to all mankind in her scooter. I just try to hang back a fair distance so that no one knows I'm with her when she bumps people.

I rented a scooter for my mom when we spent a weekend in Charleston in 2007. She couldn't make it up and down the ramps, she would run into the curbs. Then she missed her turn and hit a building. And the whole time complained about her carpel tunnel and why she couldn't hold down the button. Yeah, right. :rolleyes1

MAGICFOR2
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Beth D
09-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Glad my folks aren't the only ones who can't drive a scooter/wheelchair!

Nassau - you must share!:thumbsup2

My mom once dumped grandma out of a manual wheelchair at Cedar Point, that ended up with a trip to the ER!

My dad once got the cooler strap caught on the accellerator of his ECV at MK after one of the night parades. It ran away, and i threw myself over all the other people to prevent them from getting hurt! :rolleyes1

JK! He did hit me, knocked me down, and i in turn rolled over on about 4 cranky old ladies that started talking about "liability".:scared1: We got up and took off after that! Boy were my legs bruised the next day!

karajeboo
09-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Glad my folks aren't the only ones who can't drive a scooter/wheelchair!

Nassau - you must share!:thumbsup2

My mom once dumped grandma out of a manual wheelchair at Cedar Point, that ended up with a trip to the ER!

My dad once got the cooler strap caught on the accellerator of his ECV at MK after one of the night parades. It ran away, and i threw myself over all the other people to prevent them from getting hurt! :rolleyes1

JK! He did hit me, knocked me down, and i in turn rolled over on about 4 cranky old ladies that started talking about "liability".:scared1: We got up and took off after that! Boy were my legs bruised the next day!

Now THAT is a good story!!!!

Ahhhh, Cedar Point - I haven't been there in probably 20 years!

karajeboo
09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
88 Days and counting!!!! :cool1:

MEK
09-13-2011, 06:57 PM
88 Days and counting!!!! :cool1:

Woo Hoo!:yay: I just noticed my ticker said 3 months!!! :woohoo: Can't believe we are so close to December. It doesn't seem right, but I'm not complaining!

karajeboo
09-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Woo Hoo!:yay: I just noticed my ticker said 3 months!!! :woohoo: Can't believe we are so close to December. It doesn't seem right, but I'm not complaining!

That's right! I forgot you would be there too - and yes, we MUST meet up for a quick bevvie! ;) I'm gonna pm you my number now so I don't forget!

Wicket's Mom
09-15-2011, 09:13 PM
What a brave girl you are Kara! Family trips sound like fun during the planning phase, but once the trip starts the tension emerges! LOL!

Had some drama on my trip with DIL, but all got straightened out!

I prefer your way of traveling, no buffets & some down time.:thumbsup2

karajeboo
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
What a brave girl you are Kara! Family trips sound like fun during the planning phase, but once the trip starts the tension emerges! LOL!

Had some drama on my trip with DIL, but all got straightened out!

I prefer your way of traveling, no buffets & some down time.:thumbsup2

Oh Mother of Wicket, I knew I could count on you to see it my way! :thumbsup2

It's funny, I was just talking to my mom today and she was commenting how different my sister and I are. And how different our husbands are.... and our kids... and our parenting styles, etc. I never really thought about it like that before, but she's right!

My dad and I are a lot alike, and my sister and my mom are alike. There is a very defined line drawn down the center of our family, and of course my dad and I are always right..... ;)

But the funny thing is that I actually resemble my mom!!!! Kami? I think she looks like the milkman...... :rolleyes1

Beth D
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Ahhhh, Cedar Point - I haven't been there in probably 20 years!

If you ever make it back this way and want to go, let me know! I have what you could call a "very close" connection to the place if KWIM, and might be able to help you out! :rolleyes1

cherokeemamma
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm joining in .... can't wait to see the fireworks!

TTFN
Darlene

karajeboo
09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I ordered T-shirts from jiffytees.com and got them in several weeks ago. Just got them all washed and dryed this weekend so I can hopefully start with the iron on designs soon!

Kami is still buying her family's and shipping to me, but I need to start NOW! Three different designs for 9 people = (move that number over, carry the two, subtract a couple.....) that's a LOT of shirts to make!!!! :lmao:

I'll post pics once I'm done!

MEK
09-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Wow - good for you for making the group T-shirts! I can't wait to see them. I am so not talented in that way!

emser
09-19-2011, 06:36 PM
But the funny thing is that I actually resemble my mom!!!! Kami? I think she looks like the milkman...... :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

And what an attractive milkman!!!!

I am looking at shirts now! But I am very glad KJ is making them. I have done the shirts before, but I only had one set that turned out decent enough to wear more than one time!!!!! I wash them first, iron them.... It's OK. KJ and dad can be right. Mom and I will enjoy sitting back with our glasses of milk while they do the work!! :woohoo:

emser
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=MAGICFOR2;42549050]
Hi Kami! So glad you are here reporting, too! The parks will never be the same with the McSparklesons and the Wittiers there all together! Hopefully not in their "all together" :rotfl2:

WOW!!!! A nickname. The Wittiers!! I love it!!!! :banana:

It will be an interesting week!!!!

nenner1
10-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm here..I'm here....carry on...

:rotfl2:

I see you had no trouble getting started without me! :lmao:

karajeboo
10-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm here..I'm here....carry on...

:rotfl2:

I see you had no trouble getting started without me! :lmao:

Well you see that it's been awhile since I've posted. It's just not a trippy without Jen!!!! :thumbsup2 Speaking of which, shouldn't you be updating yours?????

Disneybuckeye
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
As usual I am a little late to the party, but now I am here. Kara, I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and I am slightly jealous. We have done two full family trips at Christmas, and despite a few glitches, we really had a great time. Unfortunately with the recent passing of my father we will never get the opportunity again.

Your dinner reservations look great. We love O'hana and can't wait to eart there in December. We arrive the Friday after you leave so unfortunately I cannot have a drink with everyone, but have a big sip for me.

Looking forward to hearing more!

karajeboo
10-05-2011, 07:26 AM
As usual I am a little late to the party, but now I am here. Kara, I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and I am slightly jealous. We have done two full family trips at Christmas, and despite a few glitches, we really had a great time. Unfortunately with the recent passing of my father we will never get the opportunity again.

Your dinner reservations look great. We love O'hana and can't wait to eart there in December. We arrive the Friday after you leave so unfortunately I cannot have a drink with everyone, but have a big sip for me.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about you dad! I guess that really puts in all in perspective. Will this be your first trip back?

So sad we'll miss you! I love to meet fellow DISers!!!

karajeboo
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Well, my dear ole husband now had to leave WDW for 2 days while we are there, fly home for a big sale he has at work (he's GM of an auto auction) and then fly back. Luckily we found a great rate, but he has to leave the resort about 4 or 5am and then he'll get back just in time for dinner the next night.

But he will miss O'hana!!!!! I need to look at ADRs today and see if I can rearrange a little bit. I booked that one because I know he'll love it and we've never been before.

I guess I can't complain too much though, after all, that job is what allows us our vacations, right? And besides, at least it isn't ME that has to leave! :rotfl2:

I got all my family's shirts washed and ready for transfer, and Kami's arrived yesterday straight from JiffyT's. I will get them washed today and then hopefully start the transfers next week. I absolutely DREAD making t-shirts. I always buy one extra in each size "just in case." Makes me a nervous wreck!!!!

MAGICFOR2
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, my dear ole husband now had to leave WDW for 2 days while we are there, fly home for a big sale he has at work (he's GM of an auto auction) and then fly back. Luckily we found a great rate, but he has to leave the resort about 4 or 5am and then he'll get back just in time for dinner the next night.

But he will miss O'hana!!!!! I need to look at ADRs today and see if I can rearrange a little bit. I booked that one because I know he'll love it and we've never been before.

I guess I can't complain too much though, after all, that job is what allows us our vacations, right? And besides, at least it isn't ME that has to leave! :rotfl2:

I got all my family's shirts washed and ready for transfer, and Kami's arrived yesterday straight from JiffyT's. I will get them washed today and then hopefully start the transfers next week. I absolutely DREAD making t-shirts. I always buy one extra in each size "just in case." Makes me a nervous wreck!!!!

Too bad Jeff has to miss a couple of days. It's nice he can come back though. I'm sure your shirts will turn out great!:thumbsup2

anewmac
10-05-2011, 11:26 PM
oh well that sucks.. but im with ya better him than you LMAO

xcant wait to see how the shirts come out!

brookelizabeth
10-09-2011, 03:13 PM
I came over from your cruise TR and I'm all caught up here!

I haven't ever allowed myself to make shirts yet. I am certain I would completely screw them up! I'm always tempted though, there are so many cute designs. I look forward to seeing yours!

karajeboo
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Too bad Jeff has to miss a couple of days. It's nice he can come back though. I'm sure your shirts will turn out great!:thumbsup2

It totally sucks! But it will probably be a good break for him to get away from my family for a bit.... I'm thinking Ally and I will need a break too! :lmao:

xcant wait to see how the shirts come out!

Jeff is out of town one night this week so maybe Ally and I will work on them then..... Still waiting on Kami to send me a couple that she bought separately.

I came over from your cruise TR and I'm all caught up here!

I haven't ever allowed myself to make shirts yet. I am certain I would completely screw them up! I'm always tempted though, there are so many cute designs. I look forward to seeing yours!

They are super easy! I've made them several times and it's all about constant pressure on the iron. I'll post pics once I get them done!

podsnel
10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry- that really, really stinks. :sad2:

MAGICFOR2
10-10-2011, 01:27 AM
It totally sucks! But it will probably be a good break for him to get away from my family for a bit.... I'm thinking Ally and I will need a break too! :lmao:

Maybe you and Ally will have to accidentally get the plans mixed up one morning! :rotfl:

karajeboo
11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
The shirts are.... ALMOST done! Still have to do Todd's when I head to Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving - Kami is giving me his shirts then. But I have everyone else's done! I still have to wash a few, but aside from that.....

Well, there is one more SURPRISE shirt for everyone!!!! Only Ally and I know about it....

This one is black for my family, green for Kami's and red for Grandma and Grandpa....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/0e732de4.jpg

Front and back of one......

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/0f70c115.jpg

And the other one that I think we should wear on arrival day... let's make mom and dad wear it on the plane, sound good Kami?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/d66b7a59.jpg

For the first time making shirts, I washed them AFTER I did the transfer (in addition to washing them before). I've had some bleed on me before so I think this will be better, even if they do fade just a bit......

AND, a wonderful arrival I got a few weeks ago. I wanted to get something special for Grandma and Grandpa BEFORE they went to WDW, so Ally and I met them in Minneapolis for my uncle's funeral back in July. I brought them a WDW survival package which included an over the door shoe holder, pop up hamper, travel size goodies, nightlight, hand sanitizer, rain ponchos, a Vera Bradley hipster for Mom for the parks, and a couple of other goodies.

I spent a week talking to the manager of the Boardwalk merchandising trying to secure something else that can only be bought AT the resorts..... But finally, a package arrived.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/ae132cb5.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/DSC_0148.jpg

Ta da!!!! Resort refillable mugs! And to think I was just there in May and FORGOT to get them! So I ordered 2 for Grandma and Grandpa and 2 for Jeff and me. Now if I can just get everyone to remember them when we go!

I think when we head up for Thanksgiving, I will get some of Grandma and Grandpa's things and bring them back with me and then take them to Disney for them. After all, we are driving and they are flying, no sense in packing all that stuff and possibly going over weight on bags when we can easily take it in our van.......

We are now...... 27 days from Disney!!!! And for the record, YES, the packing has begun!!!!

karajeboo
11-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I know Ally doesn't want me to let Aunt Kami know, but I'm surprising everyone with another shirt..... so Kami, don't tell anyone else!!!

Here's the design.....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/FamilyOrnamentsTrippFamily.jpg

And I ordered shirts the color of the individual ornaments. So mine will be lime green (interesting as a DISer, huh?), Kami's is a deep purple, etc.....

Ally just loved this design, so we picked out all the shirts last night and they should be here tomorrow. Heading to Office Max to get more transfers tonight.....

Can't really pack until after Thanksgiving because I need the luggage! Plus, just don't know about that crazy Florida weather until just a few days before......

kid-at-heart
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
WOW, you are so talented! Did you design everything yourself? I love the ornaments with the characters and names.

karajeboo
11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
WOW, you are so talented! Did you design everything yourself? I love the ornaments with the characters and names.

Are you kidding???? :rotfl2: No way! I used the talented designers here on the DIS. I had them design these for me several months ago. Aren't they awesome???

KristiMc
11-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Love the shirts!

kid-at-heart
11-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Awesome designers!

Wicket's Mom
11-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Will you be my child in 5 years to help plan my 50th anniversary?!:lmao: Sons just don't plan anything at all. Nothing for any of our anniversaries. I need a daughter!!:lovestruc

anewmac
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I love all the shirts adorable. The 'surprize' shirts are going to be cute too! I promise not to tell Ally lol.

Great idea on the refil mugs!!!

Will you be my child in 5 years to help plan my 50th anniversary?!:lmao: Sons just don't plan anything at all. Nothing for any of our anniversaries. I need a daughter!!:lovestruc
aww man Im sorry but if its any consolation, I will be in your shoes someday.. I have 2 boys also, hence why i plan everything guess ill just include my 50th trip too lol

karajeboo
11-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Love the shirts!

Thanx Kristi! Hey, FYI I'm also making up some shirts for the cruise for us AND for our tablemates (Ally's friend Tori and her mom that we met on last cruise!) so if you want to join us, there will be shirts!!!! :rotfl2:

Awesome designers! NOW you got it! All I do is print, cut, iron. But hey, I guess I AM pretty talented with an iron, huh? :lmao:

You need good daughters in law!!! I plan stuff for my inlaws cause Jeff and his sister don't think of it!

I love all the shirts adorable. The 'surprize' shirts are going to be cute too! I promise not to tell Ally lol.

Great idea on the refil mugs!!!

aww man Im sorry but if its any consolation, I will be in your shoes someday.. I have 2 boys also, hence why i plan everything guess ill just include my 50th trip too lol

Drea, make sure they marry right and you'll be okay...... :rolleyes1

podsnel
11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
The shirts are all great!! Love them all!!:thumbsup2

CRdisMom
11-15-2011, 03:03 PM
love all the shirts and can't wait to hear about all of the hijinx that will ensue....

karajeboo
11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Final "surprise" shirts, although 3 of the 9 of us know about it! :rotfl2:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj94/karajeboo/WDW%20Tripps%202010/385efcd4.jpg

The lighting is bad but imagine that each person has a shirt that matches the color of the Christmas ornament with their favorite character. And how fitting is it that my ornament is LIME GREEN!!! :cool1:

So, tonight while talking to my friend Ellen (podsnel), I began to panic. I could not find the confirmation for my ticket purchase made through DU back before the price increase. I am such a stickler for detail and it was not in my planning notebook, not in my email, and I couldn't even find the credit card statement for that month!!!!

But alas, it was in that "to do" pile on my desk.....:rolleyes1

So now all I have left is to order either a cake for our first dinner (but we don't know where we are going to be.....) or flowers for Grandma and Grandpa's room on arrival......

I'm thinking cake. Because by the time we get to WDW, this low carb diet is out the window!!! :rotfl:

MEK
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Awesome shirts!!!!! You did such a great job and what a fun idea to pre-order the mugs! I'm at 29 days today! :woohoo: Oops - I mean 28. But that doesn't sound right?

KristiMc
11-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanx Kristi! Hey, FYI I'm also making up some shirts for the cruise for us AND for our tablemates (Ally's friend Tori and her mom that we met on last cruise!) so if you want to join us, there will be shirts!!!! :rotfl2:

Oh - it is so tempting! Maybe I should just come by myself. Steve could handle the boys, dog, homework and sports for a week :rotfl2: - right??

KristiMc
11-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Just looked at your dates for your family trip. I made it to round 2 for the WDW Moms Panel this year - only to get dumped and not make it to round 3 :confused3. If I had made it all the way, the Moms Panel training trip is 12/9 - 12/13. I could have met up with you. Darn it to that panel selection crew for tossing me out.

Wicket's Mom
11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
I love the shirts, what a neat idea!
With 4 sons you would think that I'd have a DIL that would plan stuff! No such luck. Maybe I should plan something & send them the bill!:lmao:

MAGICFOR2
11-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Kara! I missed your first batch of shirts - they are all great! I love the first one with all the family "lined up" so cute! I can't believe your Tripp trip is so close! With Thanksgiving, it will make the time go even faster!:santa:

karajeboo
11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Awesome shirts!!!!! You did such a great job and what a fun idea to pre-order the mugs! I'm at 29 days today! :woohoo: Oops - I mean 28. But that doesn't sound right?

And we have a date in the ditch, right? :thumbsup2

Oh - it is so tempting! Maybe I should just come by myself. Steve could handle the boys, dog, homework and sports for a week :rotfl2: - right??

C'mon!!!! Just leave em some power tools, hot dogs, and the remote control and they'll be all set!

Just looked at your dates for your family trip. I made it to round 2 for the WDW Moms Panel this year - only to get dumped and not make it to round 3 :confused3. If I had made it all the way, the Moms Panel training trip is 12/9 - 12/13. I could have met up with you. Darn it to that panel selection crew for tossing me out.

Good for you!!!! Never even thought about that......

I love the shirts, what a neat idea!
With 4 sons you would think that I'd have a DIL that would plan stuff! No such luck. Maybe I should plan something & send them the bill!:lmao:

I like this idea!!! Although, if my inlaws sent me a bill, I'd be all over my husband with "NOW look what your mother did!" :rotfl2:

Hi Kara! I missed your first batch of shirts - they are all great! I love the first one with all the family "lined up" so cute! I can't believe your Tripp trip is so close! With Thanksgiving, it will make the time go even faster!:santa:

Yes, it will go too fast! The week before we go we have our first ever Christmas Shoppe at the school. Yes, just something else I've committed myself to and I'm stressing so much!

But I've already decided to go with minimal Christmas decor this year. I will do all the indoor garland and the tree and that's about it. No outdoor lights this year, and I'm skipping Ally's tree, too.

Because Christmas falls on a weekend, like last year, we actually miss one full weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas, AND we have one weekend out of town, plus 1/2 of the next weekend. So really, we have only one full weekend in town..... And I won't be decorating until after Thanksgiving this year so just not gonna stress over it. It's one year, right?

JKSWonder
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Because Christmas falls on a weekend, like last year, we actually miss one full weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas, AND we have one weekend out of town, plus 1/2 of the next weekend. So really, we have only one full weekend in town..... And I won't be decorating until after Thanksgiving this year so just not gonna stress over it. It's one year, right?

I would love to be able to do the decorating stuff right now, before it gets cold out. Unfortunately for me, DH with his birthday in the first week of December (you know, the undeclared national holiday that we all should observe) frowns upon any decorations being put up at all until at least one day after his big event. Sigh. Grow up already Buddy! I got stuff that needs doing! :laughing:

kid-at-heart
11-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I would love to be able to do the decorating stuff right now, before it gets cold out. Unfortunately for me, DH with his birthday in the first week of December (you know, the undeclared national holiday that we all should observe) frowns upon any decorations being put up at all until at least one day after his big event. Sigh. Grow up already Buddy! I got stuff that needs doing! :laughing:

I start hanging the outside lights in Nov and then turn them on Thanksgiving night. I used to wait until Dec but after freezing my :rolleyes1 off a few times I decided to at least do the time-consuming outside stuff, like lights, during the few warm days we tend to have in November (Michigan warm, not FL warm). Geeze, if you spouse is making you wait until after the "major holiday" then you barely get your decorations up before it is time to take them back down. Maybe he needs to start celebrating his birthday in July instead December. ;)

Wicket's Mom
11-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Christmas decor is going to be really minimal here. I think that we are going to decorate the ficus tree in the corner of the family room & that's it.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to get one of the kids to do Thanksgiving dinner this year. Wish me luck with that!!:laughing:

karajeboo
11-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Wow! I didn't realize the event of the year was in early December? ;) I would put up all the Christmas decor and hang a birthday banner on the tree. There. Done.

I start hanging the outside lights in Nov and then turn them on Thanksgiving night. I used to wait until Dec but after freezing my :rolleyes1 off a few times I decided to at least do the time-consuming outside stuff, like lights, during the few warm days we tend to have in November (Michigan warm, not FL warm). Geeze, if you spouse is making you wait until after the "major holiday" then you barely get your decorations up before it is time to take them back down. Maybe he needs to start celebrating his birthday in July instead December. ;)

It doesn't get too terribly cold here so I can decorate outside whenever. I just don't wanna mess with it this year......

Christmas decor is going to be really minimal here. I think that we are going to decorate the ficus tree in the corner of the family room & that's it.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to get one of the kids to do Thanksgiving dinner this year. Wish me luck with that!!:laughing:

I wish I were doing Thanksgiving again. Maybe it's the control freak in me, but I like knowing WHAT we are eating, WHEN we are eating, and HOW MUCH we are eating.....

JKSWonder
11-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Wow! I didn't realize the event of the year was in early December? ;) I would put up all the Christmas decor and hang a birthday banner on the tree. There. Done.

:thumbsup2

One year, my grandmother, who was so annoyed at my uncles for not taking down the tree, left it up. She hung hearts on it for Valentine's Day and Shamrock's on it for St. Patrick's Day unti finally, they were so humiliated in front of their friends, they took it down....just before Easter I believe when they saw she was getting ready to hang up some plastic eggs!

TopRowSeat
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Go! Should be fun... (Did I mention that I want to go to Munich in the fall for Octoberfest with Andy and Jeff J.?)

karajeboo
11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Go! Should be fun... (Did I mention that I want to go to Munich in the fall for Octoberfest with Andy and Jeff J.?)

C'mon Kristi! I'll make you a shirt! ;)

Wicket's Mom
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I wish I were doing Thanksgiving again. Maybe it's the control freak in me, but I like knowing WHAT we are eating, WHEN we are eating, and HOW MUCH we are eating.....[/QUOTE]

Well, there is that! Last time my oldest did the dinner it was fancy froo- froo. His partner did the cooking & he is all into gourmet. I wanted my traditional meal!;)

karajeboo
11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all! Gobble Gobble!!! And most importantly, don't forget to wear your "eatin" pants on Thurday! :thumbsup2

kid-at-heart
11-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all! Gobble Gobble!!! And most importantly, don't forget to wear your "eatin" pants on Thurday! :thumbsup2

Eatin pants, check! Happy Thanksgiving back to ya!

KristiMc
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Kara.

karajeboo
11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Kara.

We are going to be in Ohio but not sure of our plans..... let's plan a get togther this summer though.... Ally and I will be up there for sure!

KristiMc
11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
We are going to be in Ohio but not sure of our plans..... let's plan a get togther this summer though.... Ally and I will be up there for sure!

This summer sounds good. It will be nice to see you and Ally (and Jeff too if he is there). We are currently in NY on our way to Steve's parents. You gotta love the dis boards iPhone app :). Have fun in OH. I don't think you will have any of the white stuff. We are about to drive into some of it up here.

Wicket's Mom
11-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Have a good Thanksgiving! Ohio, my stomping grounds, wish that I were anywhere but here! At least the weather will be sunny & in the 5's.

Have a safe trip.

CRdisMom
11-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Happy thanksgiving!!!

MEK
11-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Eatin' Pants - good one! Unfortunately, they are becoming my everyday pants.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

karajeboo
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Posting FROM my parents house in Ohio. ..... got my mom's park bag ready to go, and grabbed a few things to take for my parents, to save them from excess baggage fees, since we are driving to Disney.

Need to pick up some beer, wine, soda, water for the room, plus some breakfast yummies like cereal and oatmeal and breakfast bars..... It's all good to go now!

nenner1
11-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Hey chica, we might be going over there the 10th or maybe the 11th to do our annual Santa thing at DTD. I know you will just be getting here but I would love to see you, any chance of that? :goodvibes

karajeboo
11-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey chica, we might be going over there the 10th or maybe the 11th to do our annual Santa thing at DTD. I know you will just be getting here but I would love to see you, any chance of that? :goodvibes

YES!!!!! Just tell me when and where! We are not doing parks on Saturday, just hangin at the Boardwalk, although I do still have an ADR at RR in DTD..... just not sure I"m keeping it. Some want to just eat on arrival night at Big River Grill on the BW. I'll send you my cell# so we can discuss......

CRdisMom
11-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Ooooooh the grill. Think Ship will remember you?

nenner1
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
YES!!!!! Just tell me when and where! We are not doing parks on Saturday, just hangin at the Boardwalk, although I do still have an ADR at RR in DTD..... just not sure I"m keeping it. Some want to just eat on arrival night at Big River Grill on the BW. I'll send you my cell# so we can discuss......

Well how perfect is that? As long as Sav doesn't get stuck with rehearsals -(THANK GOODNESS NUTCRACKER IS THIS WEEKEND AND THAT WILL BE OVER! :rolleyes:) we should have no problem heading over there. I do have to work in the morning so I'm thinking after a nap and the drive....earliest we could get there is 5 or 6- we usually stay til 9 or 10- ahem- we usually are in the Santa line until 9 or 10..haha...Our ol buddy Kris Kringle really needs to get FP's know what I'm sayin?:santa:

Well I am SUPER excited now! :goodvibes

karajeboo
12-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Like my dad said, no point in counting down the days anymore....

We are down to HOURS now!!!:banana:

72 1/2 hours to be EXACT until I am checking in at BWV!!!! Well, that is if I can get everyone up and out of the house by 6am on Saturday!

Kami will be getting in earlier (think they are leaving from Ohio on Friday morning and driving as far as they can.....) and Mom and Dad land a little after 4pm, so they should be there via DME around 5:30.....

I am so excited I can barely stand it!!!!

kid-at-heart
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
:cool1:

KristiMc
12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm excited for you :cool1::cool1:. Please give Mickey a hug from me :).

LuvEeyore
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Excited for you!!

podsnel
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
:thumbsup2

One year, my grandmother, who was so annoyed at my uncles for not taking down the tree, left it up. She hung hearts on it for Valentine's Day and Shamrock's on it for St. Patrick's Day unti finally, they were so humiliated in front of their friends, they took it down....just before Easter I believe when they saw she was getting ready to hang up some plastic eggs!

OMG!!! I LOVE your Grandma!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

podsnel
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Like my dad said, no point in counting down the days anymore....

We are down to HOURS now!!!:banana:

72 1/2 hours to be EXACT until I am checking in at BWV!!!! Well, that is if I can get everyone up and out of the house by 6am on Saturday!

Kami will be getting in earlier (think they are leaving from Ohio on Friday morning and driving as far as they can.....) and Mom and Dad land a little after 4pm, so they should be there via DME around 5:30.....

I am so excited I can barely stand it!!!!

I am so excited FOR you!!!!! :yay::yay::yay: And also VERY excited your week of CRAZEEEEEEness is nearly done! :faint:

I'm very excited myself- this week I was able to book our vacation for next November- 5 nights in an AKV GV (Jambo) and 4 nights in a 1 BDRM BW View!! :dance3::dance3:

BTW- make SURE you go shopping at WOD- they had an AWESOME furry throw w/purchase there- it was of the Castle with the Icicle Lights. It was GORGEOUS, and had I not been with Sean, I would have one right NOW! :sad2:

MAGICFOR2
12-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Kara and Kami! Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm extra excited that you get to meet up with Jen, too!
:donald::dumbo::sulley::tigger:

karajeboo
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, I HOPE I can meet Jen..... our plans may have changed so we may not make it to DTD that first night..... :sad2:

But I'll call you, Jen!

And Mary Ellen, I'll call you too!!!! Cya in the Ditch!

podsnel
12-09-2011, 08:48 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! party::jumping1:party: You made it through the week and it's TIME FOR VACATION in 24 hours!!! :yay:

Have a safe trip, and don't forget to text me!!:goodvibes

MEK
12-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Can't wait for the ditch!!!!!! :cool1: I have a special gift card that a student gave me all earmarked for my first two ritas in the ditch!

Have a safe drive tomorrow. Wish I lived close enough to drive. Wish I was leaving tomorrow!

karajeboo
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! party::jumping1:party: You made it through the week and it's TIME FOR VACATION in 24 hours!!! :yay:

Have a safe trip, and don't forget to text me!!:goodvibes

Whew!!! I made it. Thank you! It was a crazy nutty week but our first ever Santa Shoppe at the school made tons of money and was a HUGE hit! If it weren't for a teacher stopping me and asking me to adopt a 2nd grader this year (our school is 3rd-5th grade) so I could be PTO President again next year, I might have lost it. But that made it soooo worth it! :cloud9:

Can't wait for the ditch!!!!!! :cool1: I have a special gift card that a student gave me all earmarked for my first two ritas in the ditch!

Have a safe drive tomorrow. Wish I lived close enough to drive. Wish I was leaving tomorrow!

Oooh, love that the Ditch offers gift cards!!!!

MAGICFOR2
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Congrats on a successful event- now go have a drink at the ditch and relax! How nice to be able to say that and you can really do it!:cool1:

podsnel
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
SOoooooo? What's the hold up? Start singin, sistah! How was your trip????:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

kid-at-heart
12-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Waiting, waiting, waiting... Start reporting already. :yay: :worship::hug: popcorn:: :flower3: :cool2::hourglass

:santa: kate

Wicket's Mom
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, Dis Mom Groupies get anxious when their ladies go to Disney. We need to know all about the trip!:grouphug:

karajeboo
12-28-2011, 05:00 PM
The TR has officially begun! Magic, Memories and.... MCSPARKLESONS! A Christmas Grand Gathering (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43558855#post43558855)