PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about TS Breakfast options

tpimental
08-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I have never done a sit down breakfast option while at Disney and think this could be a good use of our TS credit this trip. I know there is tons of info here. Looking for what I should be considering and avoiding. I am hearing Chef Mickey has gone down hill?

Kathy Z
08-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Will you be staying on Disney property? Depending on where you are staying you might have an excellent choice right at your Disney Resort.

tpimental
08-20-2011, 09:31 AM
We are staying at Pop Century and they have great quick service options. Loved the mickey waffles.

jandersonlj
08-20-2011, 09:43 AM
We still love Chef Mickey's! You can also do a character breakfast at Tusker House and 'Ohana. We did the Tusker House breakfast and didn't like it as well as Chef Mickey's. It was good though. Have never tried 'Ohana for breakfast. You can also do a princess breakfast at Akershus. I really didn't care for this one, but some of our group did. The princess interaction was cool for the girls. Hope this helped a little.

AirGoofy
08-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Most of the character breakfasts are similar, including CM. CM for dinner is terrible, but breakfast is ok. I think the worst breakfast is at Hollywood n Vine at DHS. I think the best resort breakfasts are Cape May (Beach Club) and Ohana (Poly). One of the best things about character breakfasts, in my opinion, is being able to get in the park early before everyone else. Thus, a 8:00 AM breafast at CRT (2 credits) or Crystal Palace at MK on a day without morning extra magic hours, let's you into the MK early (with your ticket), walk up an empty main street, and when you are done eating, you get to start from the restaurant as opposed to returning upfront with the mob. Other options include Akershus at Epcot and Tusker House at AK. Good luck.

disneynut11
08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
The princess breakfast at Epcot (Akerhaus) is great if you have little girls who are into the Princesses and the food is good for the adults.

We were disappointed with Chef Mickeys but we LOVED dinner at the Crystal Palace and have heard breakfast is good,

vettegirl
08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
We love the breakfast at Tusker House! The food is alwasy excellent and the juice is the best on property.

Dizneydaz
08-20-2011, 12:05 PM
We too like the one in Norway. Good food, good princesses.;)

Kathy Z
08-20-2011, 01:18 PM
AK is my favorite park so Tusker House is a great way to get into the park before opening time. As far as the buffet goes, it's fine, not my favorite. The character interaction was rather rushed.

The buffet breakfast at Boma in AKL Jambo House is similar to Tusker House but has much more entensive offerings including made to order omelets. It was wonderful when AKL was our resort but I don't know that I'd go to the trouble of traveling there when staying elsewhere.

If MK were my favorite park I would do Crystal Palace for an early ADR to get into MK early.

In the spring during the flower and garden show I'd choose Askerhaus (Norway) to get into EPCOT early to view all the gorgeous flowers and topiaries without crowds of people.

The character breakfast at Ohana at the Poly was wonderful and you're just a monorail or boat ride away from the MK.

LBlovesM&WDW
08-20-2011, 02:06 PM
We like the following for breakfast options:

Kona, The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kouzzina, Olivia's, Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace