PDA

View Full Version : Tipping at Buffets

APB513
08-20-2011, 07:17 AM
I am finalizing my plans and I'm trying to establish my tip budget.

I know tipping is a personal thing and can be a hot button topic so I won't ask how much you tip. But I will ask should I tip the server at a buffet?

The reason I am asking is that they do not provide the same level of service as a server at a restaurant where they are serving you your meal.

Thanks!

TDC Nala
08-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Because tipping is a hot button topic, we have a Tipping Information Sticky thread where all information about tipping is posted - it's at the top of this forum, please check it for all tipping info. There is a Tipping FAQ in the first post that may be of assistance.

But I will tell you that the buffet thing generally can't be really discussed there because it DOES refer to personal tipping habits and is actually one of the hottest discussions out there. The real answer to this is, if you have fewer than six persons in your party, you have a choice as to how much to tip. And it IS customary to tip buffet servers at WDW, as it sounds like you are asking if it is customary to tip them at all.

If you have six or more in your party you will have to tip the automatic 18%, even at a buffet.