PDA

View Full Version : At HH now and love it

CruznLexi
08-19-2011, 11:22 PM
We are at HH now and absolutely love it! It is so much fun and so relaxing. It is Disney but with just a bit of the mouse.

Candace
08-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Don't you just love it? The moment I drive across that bridge, I just feel the tension leaving my shoulders! Enjoy your time there!

Simba's Mom
08-20-2011, 10:50 AM
And as most here will agree, the CMs are the best! Say "Hi" to Gordon and Dottie in the Mercantile, and have a cranberry nut cookie for me. And don't forget to give Shadow a pat on her head.

CruznLexi
08-20-2011, 01:06 PM
The CM have been great they are even doing our own private tye dye for just us.

Disneymagic09
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
My wife's family and I are going to go to Hilton Head this October. I am so excited, especially after reading the excellent reviews. Thanks!!

dvcterry
08-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Glad to hear you love HH! Tell Ashton & Gabby at Recreation "Hi" from all of us! (Theresa...Patrick's mom)

The CMs were nice. It is very relaxing there. I wish I was on the rocking chair right now. Enjoy your stay! :lovestruc

saintstickets
08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
My wife's family and I are going to go to Hilton Head this October. I am so excited, especially after reading the excellent reviews. Thanks!!

DW and I will be there Oct 25-29. Maybe we'll see you there!

joycmc
08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
So glad you are enjoying Hilton Head-
We arrive next Sunday! CAN'T WAIT!:goodvibes

MinnieGi
08-21-2011, 11:29 AM
So glad you are enjoying your trip!!

We also LOVE LOVE HHI!!! So do our kids!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

seelyt2
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
We just returned home yesterday from HHI. We had such a wonderful time! :lovestruc We want to go back so badly. For all those first timers who request a marsh view - be sure to pack your binoculars. We wished we had. Can't wait to go back. It's such a weird feeing to come back from vacation without my body aching like I do in WDW. :goodvibes

BTW - we had requested a 2nd floor marsh view and we got it. All the cast members were so helpful and attentive.

WolfpackFan
08-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Do they still do the shrimp boil at the Beach House? If so, which night and how much does it cost. We checkin next Sunday. Thanks.

seelyt2
08-21-2011, 05:35 PM
There wasn't information in our packet about the shrimp boil, so I don't think they're doing it, however they did offer the following:

Beach House Breakfast Buffet every Thursday from 8-10am
Adults: $13.95 and children 3-9 $7.95. Children under 3 are free
Slice ham, sausage, bacon, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, grits, biscuits, bagels, hash browns, french toast sticks, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, danish, cereals, beverages.

Pirates BBQ on Tuesday at the resort's pool 6-8pm (followed by games and pool party.
Adults: $22.95 kids 3-9 $10.95
BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad, cornbread, watermelon and apple pie, plus beverages.

We did not do these events since I saw a poster earlier say that the b-fast was cold and soggy, and the bbq not worth it because of the quality of the food. I can't vouch for that, but their comments were enough to make me not to it.

Do note that even if you do not do the Pirates BBQ you can still participate in the party and games. We did that and the kids had a good time. It didn't look like many people signed up for the bbq, but there were a lot of people at the party!

Perhaps a call to MS or the resort could verify the info on the shrimp boil - but it wasn't mentioned in our packet. :confused3

I'd scan the list of activities but sadly I don't know how to do it. :sad2:

BUDDYBEAR
08-21-2011, 08:45 PM
WE LOVE HH WE LIVE IN SAVANNAH GA. AND GO OVER TWO TO THREE TIMES A YEAR :cool1: