PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Arrangements at VWL

jtowntoflorida
08-19-2011, 10:53 PM
We're renting points and staying at VWL in October. This is our first "real" Disney trip, and I'm so excited! :cool1:

I'm still trying to decide on the sleeping arrangements. We're staying in a 1 bedroom, and our family is me, DH, our daughter (will turn 5 on the trip), and our son, who will be just shy of 2 on the trip.

I've read on these boards that a PNP will fit in the walk-in closet and that other people have had children sleep in there, so that's what we're planning on doing with our son. Please reassure me that this is OK.

As for our daughter, I'm undecided. I think my preference will be to take her little blowup mattress and have her sleep on that in the bedroom, beside our bed. I'd like to have the kitchen/living area for DH and I to hang out in after the kids are in bed. Plus, I'm afraid that our daughter will be a little scared to sleep out there by herself, since we'll be in an unfamiliar environment. She's not the kind of kid who will fall asleep if there's stuff going on around her, so she definitely needs to be away from other people when trying to fall asleep. However, if we take the blowup mattress, I feel like we're "wasting" a bed.

So, does this sound like an OK plan to you? Am I missing any other possibilities?

Thanks!

Sammie
08-19-2011, 11:38 PM
sounds ok to me and others have done them same.

ToddyLu
08-19-2011, 11:38 PM
:) Sounds OK to me. I also think some folks put PNP in the large master bath and keep it closed up for quiet to a little one can sleep. DH and I do not have children. I think you know your children best and what ever plan you decide on will be OK. I think the kids will be so tired that they will not care. The Disney Transportation System at night is better than Benadryl in my book. When the driver turns the lights off---it is really hard to stay awake.

I hope you have a terrific vacation and I know the kids will.

castleri
08-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Sounds like an excellent plan especially if DD is used to her blow up bed. It would give her more security that way than being by herself in the living room area. Of course you may just find her in the middle of your king sized bed. There may also be room in the jacuzzi area for one of them also if you find the floor space around the bed a little crowded or the closet not as big as you anticipate. Have a wonderful trip

jtowntoflorida
08-19-2011, 11:49 PM
You guys are so helpful and reassuring! Thank you so much. It's hard to tell how big the spaces are from the pics and floor plans, so I thought the jacuzzi area would be another possibility, but I wasn't sure.

burnsoc
08-20-2011, 03:15 PM
We've had the PNP in the bathroom and a toddler blow up in the bedroom as well. Leaving the living room open for Mom and Dad at night makes for a much nicer vacation. Have a great trip, VWL is a great resort.

wdwnut
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
We've had the kids and grandkids in all of the above mentioned places. A 12 year old will fit inside the jacuzzi tub to sleep if they're not too tall. The grandkids have slept in the pack-n-plays in the closets, bathrooms, and laundry rooms(in the grand villas) as well as on air mattresses in those areas over the years.

Just a word of warning- once you've stayed in a 1br villa or larger, it will be hard to go back to a studio or regular room.