PDA

View Full Version : The Emperors New Clothes

RDP
08-19-2011, 02:54 PM
just read a thread where the poster got reservations for Le Cellier on the same day. Has this restaurant lost it's cache? is it worth 2 TS credits and does it still deliver top quality dining? It seems quite sort after as an ADR is this a case of the Emperors New Clothes?

OrangeCountyCommuter
08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
I really think it's become kind of rip off..

Compared to the other signature resturants it's sorely lacking.

All Disney did was 'raise prices' IMHO. The atmosphere, quality etc... did not change. I am amazed that folks are spending that much on it!

(And yes, I have had dinner since the "Signature" addition. It is easier to get a reservation, but I probably won't bother again)

Nadjalu
08-19-2011, 03:19 PM
No way has it changed enough to be considered a 2 TS credit.

To be honest I don't think they really "changed" that much. A few new entrees, but that is it.

For those of us who loved LC but not that much, lunch is a much better deal.

patsal
08-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I have found that most Epcot restaurants are underwhelming in quality and variety, at least that was my experience in July. I have taken some beloved family must do's off the list, sadly. They would have to do a SIGNIFICANT amount of changes to get anything I experienced to be worth signature status.

OrangeCountyCommuter
08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
I have not done Bistro de Paris in a while but just booked it for my October visit. (Since Disney offered nothing worth spending money on for Food and Wine that week)

I have been very pleased in the past. It's more adult, does not take DDP and overall in the past the quality was good. Crossing my fingers that I won't be disappointed this time either!

TDC Nala
08-20-2011, 06:54 AM
I have never considered Le Cellier to be "top quality dining," ever....but I do think the food is pretty good. I love the mussels. I am going to lunch just for those. I bet they're off the menu by December.

I don't do the dining plan so I don't know about the credit thing but I did not mind paying for some buffalo and poutine at dinner (with TIW). Not rushing back for dinner though. And I certainly don't think the place is worth getting up at 6 AM six months ahead of time to get a reservation for either meal. I got my lunch res for December while just looking through the restaurants on a work break a couple weeks ago.

CajunMomof3
08-20-2011, 06:57 AM
We enjoy it, but we will only go there for lunch now. And those ADRs seem as hard to come by as ever...

goofy4tink
08-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I like LeCellier. It is what it is...decent steaks, at too high a price. Now that it has gone to 2 TS credits, I will go to Coral Reef instead. I did get LC for lunch for our Oct trip...1 TS is fine, 2, not so much.

DianeW
08-20-2011, 10:16 AM
We only go there for lunch.

Buckimion
08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
In regards to the first part of the original question, same-day ADRs may be difficult but not impossible, especially on a questionable "signature restaurant" as previous posters have noted. Cancellations happen all of the time and the other poster may have simply gotten lucky with someone that actually took the time to cancel their ADR instead of simply being a no-show.