PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood in DTD, eating there solo?

PhoenixStrength
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone eaten at Planet Hollywood in DTD solo, or just eaten there and have an opinion on how it would be to eat there solo?

I've never eaten a TS meal solo at WDW, but want to try this next trip. If anyone has an opinion for another TS that is good for eating solo, I'm all ears!

LuvLuvLuv
08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
i could dine there solo. it's cramped for space, so the extra room might be nice :laughing: there's lots to look at in there so i probably wouldn't be bored if i was solo there.

with that being said---there's better places to eat. kona, captain's grille, grand floridian cafe, cape may cafe are all great and outside of the parks. in the parks i would prefer restaurants in the world showcase if i were solo---chefs de france, nine dragons, via napoli, san angel inn.

minnie mum
08-19-2011, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to eat at ANY WDW TS restaurant solo. In fact I would PREFER to eat at any other WDW TS restaurant. But that's just me. So many restaurants, so little time. Why waste it on the meh?

ls3015
08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I think you will enjoy it, even with being alone, it is pretty loud in there anyway, will not be a problem. ;)

aubriee
08-21-2011, 05:15 AM
It's not one of my favorite restaurants, but I have eaten lunch there solo a couple of times, just to use the PH voucher that comes with pkgs. With all the videos on the TV screens to look at, it's a good place for solos and I've always received excellent service there. Again it's not one of my favorite restaurants, so I usually just skip it and throw the voucher away.

I go to WDw several times a year and at least three of those trips are solo. I prefer TS over CS, so most of my meals are usually TS restaurants. The only place I've ever felt uncomfortable solo was Biergarten. I was the only female at a table with a party of four men and another party of three men. I ate one plate very quickly and asked for my check. lol

roxysmum123
08-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I've eaten solo at many restaurants there and have had no problems at any. A good "first timer" option is the Rose and Crown Pub or the Big River Grille on the Boardwalk. Get a seat at the bar, the bartenders are very friendly and help the time fly by.

c3363
08-21-2011, 09:46 AM
We did enjoy it. I got turkey burger and it was the best one I've ever eaten in a restaurant. It was one of our favorite meals. I think it would be a great place to eat solo. It can be loud at times, and it is always crowded. I felt it was reasonably priced as well and had many selections for those with allergies and those who like plain types of food.

mountdew1
08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Any location that has a bar is usually a good place to eat solo. It's much easier to sit at the bar by yourself than a table. But its not bad to do a table by yourself though. Bring a magazine or a book or something. Helps it go better while you wait for your food.