PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian at Hoop-de-doo & food & wine?

cavepig
08-19-2011, 11:18 AM
So, I'm a lacto/ovo vegetarian and wondering what does Hoop-de-doo have for me? Do I just tell them at check in that I need a vegetarian meal?

Also, I downloaded the Food & Wine festival map and it seems for a veg. there's a few cheese things and the Belgium waffle but not much else. Is the map pretty accurate on what they will actually have available? Any vegetarians have past experiences at Food & Wine?

Thanks

TDC Nala
08-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Also, I downloaded the Food & Wine festival map and it seems for a veg. there's a few cheese things and the Belgium waffle but not much else. Is the map pretty accurate on what they will actually have available?

Yes, the map (if you are looking at the map for 2011) is accurate as to what they will be serving at the booths.

It's already been noted that there were more vegetarian options last year.

Unfortunately they can't prepare special plates - but where they are serving the meat accompanied by some sort of vegetable you can ask for just the vegetable part without the meat...unfortunately you will pay full price for it. and you may want to check before ordering like this to make sure the item wasn't prepared with something like chicken stock.

minnie mum
08-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Regarding HDDR: to avoid disappointment, have your dietary restrictions noted on your ADR. The kitchen should be given advance notice.

cavepig
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking I should call before we go to put it down for HDDR. I'm not picky as long it's veggie safe!

Simba's Mom
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Last year I got chatting with a vegetarian who was sharing my table as we ate at the F&W. I remember her telling me that her only problem with the F&W festival was that they didn't have many options for vegetarians. I don't know what degree of vegetarian she was (whether she avoided dairy products or just meat) but I do remember her saying that.