PDA

View Full Version : Best non-park character breakfast paying OOP?

princess124
08-19-2011, 09:40 AM
What do you think is the better non-park character breakfast (food & character interactions) for those paying OOP? My DSDs are 8 & 9, but we all love characters...not looking for anyone in particular. Right now I have reservations at Ohana, but I keep flip-flopping between there and 1900 Park Fare. Thanks in advance for your opinions! :goodvibes

ttstroker
08-19-2011, 09:50 AM
we liked cape may because it wasn't too crowded and the characters had beach/swimwear on for a different look. we love ohana though and would rather do that over cape may. chef mickeys was hit or miss in terms of service and interaction with the characters. i guess you should base it on who you want to see the most.

kanderson89
08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
I have not been to Ohana but we loved 1900 Park Fare and found the food to be quite good. It is fairly small, so the characters (Pooh, Tigger and Alice in Wonderland and crew) made it around twice in the time we were there.

Food was typical breakfast buffet but was hot and tasty. Plentiful coffee. Did not feel rushed at all. We would go back.

sharonabe
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
You might want to check out the Garden Grove over at The Swan. They have a weekend character breakfast and it's cheaper than any others. I think they only have a couple characters, though.

Claudia Kellenberger
08-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I would vote for Cape May Cafe over at The Beach Club.

princess124
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone! What characters are at Cape May? The Fab Five?

pperfectmom
08-19-2011, 05:26 PM
We are going to try 1900 PF on our next trip. It seems to get really good reviews and the characters you get are pretty rare. Mary Poppins is normally there as well. Plus, we are going during the holidays and get to take some time to see the beautiful GF decorations.:hippie:

mom2travel
08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
We just had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare the other day. Saw Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Pooh & Tigger. Food was good. Atmosphere fun.

We do also enjoy Ohana but haven't been there in a few years. I would do either of them without a worry.

Quin
08-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Paying OOP I think I would do a buffet such as 1900PF, CP, or Tusker rather than a "skillet meal" like Ohana, just for the additional food choices.

Cape May is just such a bear to GET to unless you are staying at an Epcot-area resort, especially if you want an early ADR. Only way I would do this one without a car would be on a non-park day, or at least when I'm going to a water park that doesn't open until 10 am.

sharonabe
08-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks everyone! What characters are at Cape May? The Fab Five?

It's usually Minnie, Goofy, and Donald.

sk8jdgca
08-20-2011, 05:27 AM
The great part about garden grove is that you can get coupons from restaurant.com to make it even cheaper