PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Brown Derby versus

Masonmj84
08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
resort signatures?

Any that you would say the Hollywood Brown Derby beats out?

TDC Nala
08-18-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd rather eat there than Yachtsman...but I've never been to Yachtsman.

I'd also rather eat there than Narcoosees.

Pakey
08-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I like Brown Derby better than Yachtsman, Artist Point and Narcoosees. If it were not for the sushi, it would be at the same level as Ca Grill for me. The only ones I think are consistently better are Flying Fish, Citricos and Jiko.

Disclaimer: I do not do the dining plan. Brown Derby is not the best use of dining plan credits as their selections are less expensive than most selections at the other signatures.

DonaldDoleWhip
08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
I currently like Brown Derby better than California Grill (because of the food) and Narcoossee's (overall, including food and service).

I think Artist Point, Citricos, Jiko, and Yachtsman are consistently better than Brown Derby, while Flying Fish is usually better.

TLSnell1981
08-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay, we like the Brown Derby, the Yachtsman and Narcoosees...Sorry, I'm no help.:)

cbg1027
08-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Brown Derby is better than Narcoossee's.

I don't think Brown Derby is quite on par with most of the signatures, like Citricos, Jiko, and Flying Fish, but it is really good and a step above the non-signature places.

BBQMommy
08-19-2011, 06:59 AM
I still prefer Narcoossee's over Brown Derby. Have had three wonderful meals there. Also prefer California Grill to Brown Derby. Our service at Brown Derby, in a fairly empty dining room, was terrible. Food was good, but not fabulous. For me, the meals I had at CG and Narcoossee's were fabulous.

Caryn

disadventurer
08-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Brown Derby is in a class all by itself. It is a classic restaurant with excellent theming and a story all its own so it is really hard to compare. The food is excellent and on par with California Grill and Le Cellier.

Had Lunch with the Imagineer, dinner one night in the Bamboo Room before Fantasmic, and lunch another time in the regular dining room all on different vacations. All experiences were different, but the result the same.

We use the Tables in Wonderland card now, so we receive 20% off food and 20% alcohol a better deal for our family.

Have fun if you decide to eat there. Lots of history to discover:goodvibes:goodvibes

jpmom
08-19-2011, 07:57 AM
I love Brown Derby...

Great food, and I think it's more reasonable than most resort signatures.

goofy4tink
08-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Interesting thread. We're trying Brown Derby for the first time in Oct. We love Flying Fish and Artist Point. We're eating at Brown Derby, Flying Fish, Yachtsman and Artist Point on this trip. It will be interesting to make comparisons.

Colleen27
08-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I wasn't terribly impressed with Brown Derby, but to be fair we had a terrible server that really detracted from the experience. Over 2 hours for a resort signature dinner is one thing, but over 2 hours for an in-park lunch and having to ask repeatedly for things like a glass of water really left a bad impression that had nothing to do with the food. Also, the kids' menu is by far the worst of the signatures, pretty much the same as a one credit restaurant, and where the other signature restaurants tend to change menus often to use seasonal ingredients, the Brown Derby was still serving distinctly "fall" offerings when we were there in March.

Overall I think Brown Derby is a step above the one credit restaurants but not quite on par with the resort signatures, except perhaps Narcoosees which has failed to impress us on two separate occasions.