PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach -- May

TagsMissy
08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Guys I know zip, zilch, nada about Vero Beach but we are contemplating a stay there in 2012... before I even start thinking about it those of you who stay there do you think I'll be able to get an Inn Room or Studio at 7 mos for 4 or 5 nights or will it be a lost cause even trying?

Those of you who have stayed do you prefer an Inn room or a studio? It will just be hubby and myself. My research has been limited so far to be honest so any direction to a good resource website would be great!

~TM

deej696
08-18-2011, 02:22 PM
We go to Vero every summer for 4-5 nights and always stay in an Ocean View Inn Room. We don't own there, so we are usually booking at 7 months, most of the time only 4-5 months, and we have no problem getting this. In fact, we just returned from a 3 night weekend there last week, and we managed to get an OVIR, albeit via the waitlist. I would certainly prefer the OVIR (also just two of us) because they are guaranteed to be in the main building, which to me is important. I believe there are some studios in the main building, but most are in the outer buildings. The OVIRs have a balcony, some bigger than others, which are perfect for hanging out especially on a rainy day. I can't imagine that landing one in May would be an issue, unless its Memorial Day which I guess might be harder...

Candace
08-18-2011, 02:31 PM
May is in the Choice season as far as DVC points are concerned, so it shouldn't be too hard to reserve. I prefer the Ocean View Inn room to a Studio, simply because you are guaranteed an ocean view. No view is guaranteed with a studio.

DVC SSR Owner
08-19-2011, 02:21 AM
We stayed in an ovir at the end of may this year that we booked at 7 months and liked it. I haven't stayed in a studio. We wanted to have the ocean view and 2 beds. The resort was 90 percent booked according to the front desk.

DVCconvert
08-19-2011, 05:24 AM
OP - all you need for research is right here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610219

I suggest you pay particular attention to post #1 in the above thread.

HTH