PDA

View Full Version : Our holiday waitlist came through today!

Tiger926
08-17-2011, 05:47 PM
As some of you know, we had to cancel our regular 2 week summer trip this month, as hubby was ill.

We booked a holiday trip at OKW, but had to waitlist several days at SSR. No biggie as we love it there too, but it will be so much easier to stay in one place, especially if hubby isn't feeling well.

Today our waitlist came through! I was reading some Disney newsletters while eating lunch, and there the new confirmation came through my email!

Thanks to all of you for your extra pixie dust, as it worked out! Now, we have to hope that hubby is healthy enough to go.:thumbsup2

Thanks, Tiger :)

Kathymford
08-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Congrats! and good luck to you for a wonderful trip!

MamaDrama
08-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Congrats for getting your waitist!! My DH has been suffering from crohn's for almost 15 years. I know how tough it is since you never know when a flare up will occur. I hope he is healthy so you can enjoy your trip!!

arthur06
08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Congrats, glad your WL came thru!

Tink2312
08-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Yay, congrats! I hope your hubby is doing well :)

Tiger926
08-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks all!

Hubby has been doing well, but has had setback over the past couple of days. He is home sick today, as he seems to be having a flareup, so he's in pain, and his drug treatment has been delayed due to scheduling conflicts at the clinic.

Thanks for all well wishes, Tiger :)

Steamboat Girlie
08-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I just wanted to let you know that Disney is AMAZING with accommodating special diet requests. My oldest son is gluten free/dairy free, and my youngest son is type 1 Diabetic. This can make dining out a nightmare! If your husband has any dietary restrictions, just note it when you are making your ADRs. When you get to the restaurant, the chef will come to the table and talk about how they can make whatever he can eat!
My boys are so spoiled that whenever we go to a restaurant (not in Disney) they wonder why the chef doesn't come to the table and ask them what they feel like eating!

Disney Princess
08-18-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm so glad it all worked out. Enjoy your trip!!

Tiger926
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I just wanted to let you know that Disney is AMAZING with accommodating special diet requests. My oldest son is gluten free/dairy free, and my youngest son is type 1 Diabetic. This can make dining out a nightmare! If your husband has any dietary restrictions, just note it when you are making your ADRs. When you get to the restaurant, the chef will come to the table and talk about how they can make whatever he can eat!
My boys are so spoiled that whenever we go to a restaurant (not in Disney) they wonder why the chef doesn't come to the table and ask them what they feel like eating!

Yes, you are so correct. I had special dietary requirements for years, but some of my allergies/sensitivities have improved, so the last few trips, I did ok on my own.

It's hard to know now, as the trip is months away, but we are planning on most meals in our villa. We have done most all Disney restaurants multiple times, and so we are actually looking forward to the break, and saving that money. This way, we will know exactly what is in hubby's food!

Thanks so much for your kind words, and good health to your boys!

Tiger :)

Irishmom23
08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Congrats on your waitlist. :thumbsup2 I have a THV for the last 4 days of our June 2012 trip and waitlisted for the first 4 days. Have a two bed room lock-off which is still good for the first half and that will be fine, but don't want to have to move if possible! So dreams do come true!

Sammie
08-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Merry Early Christmas :thumbsup2