PDA

View Full Version : What/where for the best cocktails!

Mom2Four
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
We are coming to our favorite place on earth one week from today!!! We are staying at the Boardwalk and can't wait to indulge in some adult beverages!! Any recommendations for some neat places to kick back and have a cocktail??:)

disneyplanningdad
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Jellyrolls has great dueling pianos, ESPN if you want to watch sports

TDC Nala
08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Bluezoo has some "different and unusual" selections. There is also a bar in the Flying Fish with some interesting concoctions.

You can't just walk into Jellyrolls to get drinks, there's a $10 per person cover.

sparmeland
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Ragland Road in Downtown Disney. Great place to just sit at the bar. I love the sangria they have there that is made with Magners. I forget the name.

Also... perhaps a little harder to find seating, but we loved the tequila bar in Mexico in Epcot. Lovely variety of margaritas.

We really enjpyed these bars last time and plan to enjoy them again in a few days :)

Uncleromulus
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree with TDC nala--the bar/lounge at Blue Zoo is a great spot.

sparmeland
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Ragland Road in Downtown Disney. Great place to just sit at the bar. I love the sangria they have there that is made with Magners. I forget the name.

Did a successful google search and its called Jay'Gail Sangria.

HelenParr
08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Agree with PPs on Blue Zoo. FUn, and some neat specialty cocktails

For us, it depends on our vibe that day and if we also want food with the cocktails. In that area, you might also want to check out:

Kimonos in the Swan. It's a sushi (and later at night kareoke) bar. But "bar" for sure. :thumbsup2

Or, the lounge area in Il Mulino (Swan).

Or, pool bar at Dolphin.

Or, Crew's Cup at Yacht Club.

Mom2Four
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
great suggestions! How about some pool bars??

MickeyNicki
08-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Our favorite place is the Tambu Lounge at the Poly....but in the late afternoon while the resort is empty and quiet and all you hear is the Poly music and the the ice melting in your glass :goodvibes

gayles
08-17-2011, 12:44 PM
A lime -Coconut martini from the 2 nd floor Lounge -- at the Grand Floridian & -- or --- A Pumpkin Martini at 2nd fl Lounge at Poly -- ( seasonal only ) in Oct

Sweet Melissa
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I'll second (or third or fourth) Bluezoo. They have some of the only truly unique cocktail offerings on property. Their bartenders are really professional and innovative.

Sweet Melissa
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
great suggestions! How about some pool bars??

The Cabana Bar at the Dolphin

JimmyV
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Some great suggestions here. If you want to feel like you are "escaping" Disney, I find the Dolphin to be great. bluezoo and The Cabana will transport you to South Beach and away from all things Mickey.

And here (http://partythroughtheparks.squarespace.com/) is a great site to explore that I found from reading these boards.

Ro Z
08-17-2011, 09:24 PM
The Belle Vue right in the Boardwalk is a nice little place with friendly bartenders. There are board games for the kids too!

Tinkerbellah
08-17-2011, 09:39 PM
We are coming to our favorite place on earth one week from today!!! We are staying at the Boardwalk and can't wait to indulge in some adult beverages!! Any recommendations for some neat places to kick back and have a cocktail??:)

My husband & I enjoyed THE BEST Margaritas poolside @ the beach club. It was in the evening. We got them on the rocks w/ salt. It came in a reg. plastic cup,nothing fancy, but they were fantastic! He said the best he ever had. Lucky that you are staying right there!

pirate:

LovesTimone
08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
The pool bar at the Poly and the bar inside, DH and I always go there for a before dinner drink, and sit and people watch. Last year I had something call purple rain or something like that... really good.:thumbsup2

In Epcot the in the kiosk outside of France they have a orange slush that is to die for. Grab one and sit outside along the fountain and relax.:cloud9:

We love the Sangria in Italy... we get it by the pitcher.:rotfl:

Rose and Crown for Bass or Stella.. DH favorite:drinking1

We have stayed at several resorts and we enjoy all the pool bars, so far everyone has been friendly and on spot with the mixology. :cool2:

SPAM
08-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I vote for either Poly or WS in Epcot. They have delicious drinks all along around the world.

ironz
08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Dawa Bar in Africa at AK :goodvibes

diskids2
08-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Can you go to Bluezoo for a drink only? I can't seem to remember what the bar area looked like.

Sweet Melissa
08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Can you go to Bluezoo for a drink only? I can't seem to remember what the bar area looked like.

Absolutely. The restaurant has a fairly large bar/lounge just to the left of the podium.

zuly
08-18-2011, 05:18 PM
At the parks:
Epcot WS cant go wrong! from sweets drinks to beers! Love La Cava!
AK love the Dawa Bar Africanrita and my favorite beer is the Safari Amber all around Ak!!!! craving now! ;)
:hippie:

dvcHammer
08-18-2011, 05:52 PM
We dedicate a week every year to the art of drinking at Disney and have a non commercial website dedicated to it. www.DrinkingAtDisney.com

My favorites:
Dawa in AK
Muddy River Pool Bard at POR
Gurgling suitcase at OKW
Tune-In Cocktail Lounge at DHS

Slushie drink in France at Epcot

and... we can not forget the Pub at the Rose and Crown. Gat a table and never leave!

we are headed there at the end of Sept for the 7th annual drinking tour, can't wait!

ilovejsparrow
08-18-2011, 06:05 PM

Hi neighbor :wave2:

A lot of great places have already been named. A few of my favorites are the Dawa Bar in AK, Tune in lounge at DHS, and Tambu lounge at the Poly. And I have to give a shoutout to one of my favorite cocktails at WDW.. the magical star cocktail :cloud9:. You can get it almost anywhere on property.

Mom2Four
08-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi there neighbor!! Thanks to all for so many great suggestions!! Can't wait to attempt to try them all!!! :lmao: I keep hearing about the Dawa Bar!! I have been to Disney so many times I can't believe I have never stopped there!! Kid free this time so time to have some adult fun!!!!! Thanks to all!!!

bluejasmine
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Tambu Lounge for Lapu Lapu or Pina Colava. Welsh Dragon at Rose and Crown Pub, Grand Marinier Slush in France, Rosa Regale in Italy, Ice Wine in Canada, margaritas at tequila bar in mexico. Octopus juice at Coral Reef, cottontini at T Rex, sangrai at Kouzzina.

My fave is to get some of the mixed fruit juice from Poly CL and add a little rum, we have these Tiki cups we bring from home, with a small bottle of rum, and relax at the pool.. Also Poly CL makes an AMAZING sangria...

Soarin'Steven
08-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Surprised to see Dawa Bar mentioned so much. Didn't think it was anything too special. Nice live music and atmosphere in that area tho.

I LOVE the Tambu Lounge at the Poly, and have enjoyed many of drinks at the Scat Cat's Club at the French Quarter.